USA
1/14/2022  9:34 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/14/2022  9:36 AM
Nalod wrote:I’d just as assume to keep Zion in NOla. Granted, this long past the Duke Days but that team was awkward when Zion became a god and the Reddish had to pick up the scraps.

But even then, Zion missed a chunk of games when he failed to use new sneakers and his worn pair came apart causing his first knee injury. In his absence RJ and Reddish stepped up. Cam was streaky then as was RJ but you could see the potential. There were top heavy with that talent and never really got the chemistry going. Three teens of enourmous talent together for one season and It started as RJ’s as the alpha but quickly tilted to Zion who emerged as he did. I was fascinated by Cam’s potential.

Obviously we can’t slot his playing time or whose time he takes. Knox was not in the rotation but Cam was in ATL. I doubt we brought him in sit. Perhaps there is another trade but thats often not the case.

Mid season trades are either about grabbing an opportunity but its mostly for the current season. Perhaps we go like this:

Rj/Cam
Randle/Obi
Mitch/Norlens
EF/IQ/Grimes
Burkes/Kemba/Drose

PG is whose healthy with Burks. Grimes time gets cut. I know many of you can’t see EF succeeding but its slowly coming together. If EF is not spot on getting dimes, Grimes gets times…………. Next man up.
Its about winning and he is a rookie.

With Drose back for a season ending stretch that second unit could be really fun to watch!

As Doris Burkes so elequently said the knicks were .500 about this time last year and finished to surge.
I think many of us think we were great all season long. Randle was, but the last 20 games we finished 16-4 with Derrick surging and Elf fading. (Please PHil, don’t. We don’t care about him in PHX as 12th man).

I don’t know how we finish this year. Norlens has to stay on the court, OBI has to hit something from outside and Derrick needs to get back on the court. Im encouraged by Randles adoption of EF and more grown up RJ woven into the fabric. His passing is better. The three might be an empty arena thing at 40%. Ok, he is not paid like that so what we been getting is fair value.

We still here!

I agree about grimes mins could be cut. I also think EF mins could be cut, but that’s my own personal request due to EF lack of defensive impact, even though EF jumper been looking great lately. Cam has that EF potential on offense which could make EF a trade asset for a PG or a center. Looking at cams defense in that bucks series was nice to see from a 6’8 wing……cams movements and reactions on defense was very good and he was engaged. He’s more of a disruptor than EF and has similar 3 pt touch as EF. Burks mins could also be trimmed since he hasn’t been playing well. Or maybe he needs a rest like RJ and Randle got. Clearly cam doesn’t have the same log jam as atl. Either way if cams shows thibs the same defense I saw in the playoff clip I posted and the write up Martin posted, cam will earn mins fast.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2022  9:36 AM
Shades of the KP trade tree

martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:41 AM
martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:42 AM

blkexec
1/14/2022  9:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  9:46 AM
martin wrote:

😯 Talk about instant chemistry. This trade keeps looking better and better. But is that PJ Washington to the right of cam? He’s a starting PF on charlotte right now. Keep forgetting how tall cam is. That’s a lot of length when paired up with RJ in that starting lineup. Cant wait to see Thibs sub EF out and cam in. RJ would kill at SG. He overpowers starting SFs right now.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/14/2022  9:52 AM
martin wrote:
this is telling and obvious but in a good way. His usage and totals go way up without Trae. No kidding... everyone's getting more touches. But what I think is REALLY key is that his TS% and 3PG% are the same with or without. He's pretty consistent knocking down shots whether its volume or taking his opportunities.

He's really young. 22 and another year on his rookie deal is just fantastic. Its going to come down to how Cam does with Thibs (unless we are using Cam as part of a bigger package)

Lakers offered 2 2nd rounders. Nice to see we kept Grimes as well. Knicks FO seems to manage this part really well

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
1/14/2022  9:59 AM
fishmike wrote:this is telling and obvious but in a good way. His usage and totals go way up without Trae. No kidding... everyone's getting more touches. But what I think is REALLY key is that his TS% and 3PG% are the same with or without. He's pretty consistent knocking down shots whether its volume or taking his opportunities.

He's really young. 22 and another year on his rookie deal is just fantastic. Its going to come down to how Cam does with Thibs
(unless we are using Cam as part of a bigger package)

Lakers offered 2 2nd rounders. Nice to see we kept Grimes as well. Knicks FO seems to manage this part really well

100%

I think Knicks have a decent work/growth environment insofar as one can tell. They have guys who you can tell put in the work. They have staff that holds them to a high bar.

Cam has to show up and put in the work AND connect the dots to better performance.

Both he and Knicks have 1.5 years to show us what they can do with a guy who has uber talent and potential.

For me this trade represents low risk, high reward.

martin
USA
1/14/2022  10:27 AM
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/14/2022  11:16 AM
blkexec wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_kkAgUWAdQ

Cams defense on display during the bucks series. Nice

+1
Thanks for posting this. I love how he practically begs Middleton (no slouch) to take the baseline, and he knows Middleton won't do it, and Cam gets him to force up an airball. I might be wrong, but you haven't seen Knox exhibit the ability to get through screens like that.

Holy sheehit, if this guy can replicate anything like that on this team, nobody will remember Kevin Knox in 3 months.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  11:43 AM
jrodmc wrote:

+1
Thanks for posting this. I love how he practically begs Middleton (no slouch) to take the baseline, and he knows Middleton won't do it, and Cam gets him to force up an airball. I might be wrong, but you haven't seen Knox exhibit the ability to get through screens like that.

Holy sheehit, if this guy can replicate anything like that on this team, nobody will remember Kevin Knox in 3 months.

Reddish is also a very good passer in the pnr and has good handles. There’s a lot here to like with Reddish.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/14/2022  11:49 AM
jrodmc wrote:

+1

Who?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/14/2022  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  11:54 AM

The raw talent is evident. Just needs to work on refining his skills.

Trust the Process
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2022  11:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
this is telling and obvious but in a good way. His usage and totals go way up without Trae. No kidding... everyone's getting more touches. But what I think is REALLY key is that his TS% and 3PG% are the same with or without. He's pretty consistent knocking down shots whether its volume or taking his opportunities.

He's really young. 22 and another year on his rookie deal is just fantastic. Its going to come down to how Cam does with Thibs (unless we are using Cam as part of a bigger package)

Those stats lead me to believe that his useage, at least right now, should be about 20. A 54%
TS isn't enough to warrant a 25% useage. To start, he should be used as a 3&D until he shows more utility in the mid range. Also, 54% at the rim isn't good for a player his size, even if he his creating those shots.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
1/14/2022  12:00 PM
Rookie wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1

Reddish is also a very good passer in the pnr and has good handles. There’s a lot here to like with Reddish.

It feels good to have a competent FO to make a move like this, without sacrificing grimes, who they wanted. If cam lives up to this type of defense and passing, we just struck gold. This the type of energy we need like rose provided last year. Let’s see how we play today.

Uptown

1/14/2022  12:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:

Those stats lead me to believe that his useage, at least right now, should be about 20. A 54%
TS isn't enough to warrant a 25% useage. To start, he should be used as a 3&D until he shows more utility in the mid range. Also, 54% at the rim isn't good for a player his size, even if he his creating those shots.

Cam can be turnover prone, at times, when he asked to do more than catch and shoot. He has the tools to put the ball on the floor and create but he just needs to refine those skills. Lots of film work and gym time this summer can help.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/14/2022  12:14 PM
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1

It feels good to have a competent FO to make a move like this, without sacrificing grimes, who they wanted. If cam lives up to this type of defense and passing, we just struck gold. This the type of energy we need like rose provided last year. Let’s see how we play today.

Gotta wait one more day unfortunately. So ready for this Atlanta game!

Silver lining is one more day of practice with the team for Cam.

Uptown

1/14/2022  12:18 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is telling and obvious but in a good way. His usage and totals go way up without Trae. No kidding... everyone's getting more touches. But what I think is REALLY key is that his TS% and 3PG% are the same with or without. He's pretty consistent knocking down shots whether its volume or taking his opportunities.

He's really young. 22 and another year on his rookie deal is just fantastic. Its going to come down to how Cam does with Thibs
(unless we are using Cam as part of a bigger package)

100%

I think Knicks have a decent work/growth environment insofar as one can tell. They have guys who you can tell put in the work. They have staff that holds them to a high bar.

Cam has to show up and put in the work AND connect the dots to better performance.

Both he and Knicks have 1.5 years to show us what they can do with a guy who has uber talent and potential.

For me this trade represents low risk, high reward.

Agreed

blkexec
1/14/2022  12:34 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

+1

Gotta wait one more day unfortunately. So ready for this Atlanta game!

Silver lining is one more day of practice with the team for Cam.

Damn………you right. Gotta reserve my enthusiasm for tomorrow. Not sure if cam plays or not. But with RJ coming off back to back 30s and the news about cam, I think the Knicks will use these good vibes to fuel a victory over atl.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  12:51 PM
Berman tweeted cam and RJ were not great friends at Duke. Why do we always assume guys together want to always be together.
Maybe true, maybe not.
Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy