[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks vs. San Antonio Spurs. Monday. 1-10-2022. 7:30 PM; The Return Of Kemba Walker, Nerlens Noel & EVAN FOURNIER
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

1/10/2022  10:08 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Panos wrote:Is it me, or is Knox defense looking better?

I saw that too. Looks like he’s actually trying

Thibs will have turned him into a good player for another team next year.

AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/10/2022  10:16 PM
I love it when Barrett gets after it. He still gets blocked too much, but what a nice game tonight. He daggered them.
Clean
Member: #743
1/10/2022  10:34 PM

All the kids contributing for one play.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/10/2022  10:42 PM
That's sweet sweet music right there

Clean wrote:
All the kids contributing for one play.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
1/10/2022  11:05 PM
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/10/2022  11:13 PM
I'm Curious, didn't it looked like Fournier were the go to guy from tip-off, and was suppose to have a high scoring game. I don't understand why Thibs took Fournier out of the game seconds after Fournier hit a 3-ball in the 3rd qtr., and never put him back in the game?
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/10/2022  11:35 PM
martin wrote:

I'm glad Barrett's learning how to look-look to pass the ball teammate this season especially when he's defended well from shooting a turnover, because Barrett never or very rarely passed the ball to a teammate the past two seasons, which stop the lineup from playing Team-Ball

blkexec
Member: #748
1/10/2022  11:47 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I honestly did not think there would be any chance we can win a game with Randle only scoring 2 points but thankfully RJ has the Spurs number! RJ just dominated out there (31 points, 12/20, 3/4 from three)! He looked like a star taking command and doing whatever he wanted! So wish he could play like this more consistently!

Kudos to the supporting cast for picking up the slack too! Everyone pitched in! Even Mitch had a nice game with 11 rebounds and 4 blocks! But he needs to put in the work and get better from the line! He's getting close to entering that Hack-a-Shaq territory where teams will start fouling him in close games. Good games from IQ too. His playmaking and decision making is getting better.

I really wanted Randle to have a monster game so we can move on from this drama but he was just off. I don't think he played lazy like he's done in the past aside from a play or two defensively but like Breen mentioned, he rebounded well and he didn't force it. He acknowledged RJ had it going and I think Randle made an effort to get out of the way and let RJ cook! But we cannot survive without Randle giving us at least 20. He's gotta snap out whatever funk he's in and get it going! We're damn lucky we're just 1 game under .500 midway through the season with the way he's declined from last season!

I guess we didn’t watch the same game. Randle played great. I didn’t think he could play that well. We need more of this from Randle. If he played to your expectations we lose. Thank you Randle for acknowledging that winning is more important than individual stats.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2022  1:21 AM
blkexec wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:I honestly did not think there would be any chance we can win a game with Randle only scoring 2 points but thankfully RJ has the Spurs number! RJ just dominated out there (31 points, 12/20, 3/4 from three)! He looked like a star taking command and doing whatever he wanted! So wish he could play like this more consistently!

Kudos to the supporting cast for picking up the slack too! Everyone pitched in! Even Mitch had a nice game with 11 rebounds and 4 blocks! But he needs to put in the work and get better from the line! He's getting close to entering that Hack-a-Shaq territory where teams will start fouling him in close games. Good games from IQ too. His playmaking and decision making is getting better.

I really wanted Randle to have a monster game so we can move on from this drama but he was just off. I don't think he played lazy like he's done in the past aside from a play or two defensively but like Breen mentioned, he rebounded well and he didn't force it. He acknowledged RJ had it going and I think Randle made an effort to get out of the way and let RJ cook! But we cannot survive without Randle giving us at least 20. He's gotta snap out whatever funk he's in and get it going! We're damn lucky we're just 1 game under .500 midway through the season with the way he's declined from last season!

I guess we didn’t watch the same game. Randle played great. I didn’t think he could play that well. We need more of this from Randle. If he played to your expectations we lose. Thank you Randle for acknowledging that winning is more important than individual stats.

That's the way I saw it. Scoring gets kinda overrated, especially these days. But I think part of getting to that next level is realizing when you can impact the game without scoring.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
1/11/2022  2:40 AM
Re-watched the second half. This style of play is all I wanted from the Knicks on offense. They Moved the ball freely with a good amount of player movement and good things just happened. We were on the good end of streaky tonight so we looked really good but even if we are missing shots I can live with it if they play the right way. Special shout out to Randle who did not pout about shooting so poorly. He did not try to dominate the ball. He was just a part of the offense and everything flowed really well. Even if he is not scoring he has the gravity of a former all-star so he will command attention that will get other open shots.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/11/2022  7:44 AM
and when they hit the open shots, team does well!!!!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/11/2022  7:53 AM
Kemet wrote:I'm Curious, didn't it looked like Fournier were the go to guy from tip-off, and was suppose to have a high scoring game. I don't understand why Thibs took Fournier out of the game seconds after Fournier hit a 3-ball in the 3rd qtr., and never put him back in the game?

I don’t remember when exactly, but there was a play when EF appeared to tweak an ankle. I wonder if that was the reason.

Clean
1/11/2022  7:59 AM
Nalod wrote:and when they hit the open shots, team does well!!!!

It's amazing how effective that tactic is. Teams are so used to the Knicks bricking open shots you can see how stunned they are when we are on the good end of a streaky night.

martin
USA
1/11/2022  7:59 AM
Clean wrote:Re-watched the second half. This style of play is all I wanted from the Knicks on offense. They Moved the ball freely with a good amount of player movement and good things just happened. We were on the good end of streaky tonight so we looked really good but even if we are missing shots I can live with it if they play the right way. Special shout out to Randle who did not pout about shooting so poorly. He did not try to dominate the ball. He was just a part of the offense and everything flowed really well. Even if he is not scoring he has the gravity of a former all-star so he will command attention that will get other open shots.

nice

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/11/2022  8:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2022  8:54 AM
blkexec wrote:

Randle did not play as bad as some say, but he certainly did not play great! His rebounding numbers look good and he made some good passes here n there but he also looked passive at times and he has zero confidence in his shot right now. Lets not pretend like he hasn't seen most teams loading up on on the strong side when he starts iso-ing. Its been the blueprint since the playoffs. With that said, it was nice to see RJ, IQ and others get involved and stay involved in the offense throughout the game, not just in spurts.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/11/2022  9:42 AM
Uptown wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Randle did not play as bad as some say, but he certainly did not play great! His rebounding numbers look good and he made some good passes here n there but he also looked passive at times and he has zero confidence in his shot right now. Lets not pretend like he hasn't seen most teams loading up on on the strong side when he starts iso-ing. Its been the blueprint since the playoffs. With that said, it was nice to see RJ, IQ and others get involved and stay involved in the offense throughout the game, not just in spurts.

Great might've been a bit of an overstatement, but he did a better job of playing within the flow of the game.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/11/2022  9:46 AM
So good

martin
USA
1/11/2022  10:28 AM
THREAD

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/11/2022  3:42 PM
Just got chance to watch this- what an enjoyable game- style of play, everything! More of this please.
Game Day Thread: New York Knicks vs. San Antonio Spurs. Monday. 1-10-2022. 7:30 PM; The Return Of Kemba Walker, Nerlens Noel & EVAN FOURNIER

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy