[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your Improbable Trade of the Day
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2022  10:04 AM
Im glad most of you are doing this knowing the title is “improbable”.
Although most of you are kinda serious about this.

Westbrook: Can’t happen but I’d insert him on this team and see if he can help improve. But to ship out EF an randle and burks for him does nothing but kick the can down the road with “Future picks and cap space”. Some hope vs. current status of “I have no hope for this roster”. You now committed to two years of yoot, losing and then the old “we not winning so who wants to come here”.

Houstan blew it up for Randle and EF? I doubt that.

SAC: I think they’d drool to have fox and Obi tearing up and down the court. I know Haliburton hung 38 this week on Philly but many players can get hot. I have seen him a few times and not that impressed. Im not impressed by Fox either and not at that price. He makes 30 mil a year and will be increasing. Whats easier? Getting randle back on track to something south of last year and north of this? Or that Fox step up, and OBI also BOTH demonstrate a proficiency not yet reached? Thats a wish that could would but improbable at the same time and you take on Fox’s contract.

Some of the trades being proposed by PhilC ignores the reality of contracts.

What I’d like to see is what player can enhance Randle, compliment RJ, and make shots easier for either Grimes or EF? Then what price am I willing to pay?

So basically we all agree that IQ is not a PG or won’t be ready for another season? If so, and if Grimes is becoming a Klay Thompson sort of 2, then IQ should be on the block.
I don’t want Randle as Point forward as much. Get him the ball down hill and he is unstoppable. Get him free for easier shots. We did this last year. He is not being paid 30mil, we don’t need him to shoulder that either.

We don’t have to fix this in the next 8 days via trade.

I love Grimes but his value might be thru the roof via trade. i don’t hate EF as much as some of you. IM good to trade either RELUCTANTLY if it fixes many things. Thats improbable so don’t get excited.

If Sac is reluctant to dump Fox, and Philly Simmons why Am I so fast to dump Randle? He has achieved more than Fox!
Nobody wants randle if he is a lost cause. If not, then he is seen as needing a chemistry change. If so, why not here?

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

2/2/2022  12:48 PM
Nalod wrote:Im glad most of you are doing this knowing the title is “improbable”.

Westbrook: Can’t happen but I’d insert him on this team and see if he can help improve. But to ship out EF an randle and burks for him does nothing but kick the can down the road with “Future picks and cap space”. Some hope vs. current status of “I have no hope for this roster”. You now committed to two years of yoot, losing and then the old “we not winning so who wants to come here”.

SAC: I think they’d drool to have fox and Obi tearing up and down the court. I know Haliburton hung 38 this week on Philly but many players can get hot. I have seen him a few times and not that impressed. Im not impressed by Fox either and not at that price. He makes 30 mil a year and will be increasing. Whats easier? Getting randle back on track to something south of last year and north of this? Or that Fox step up, and OBI also BOTH demonstrate a proficiency not yet reached? Thats a wish that could would but improbable at the same time and you take on Fox’s contract.

What I’d like to see is what player can enhance Randle, compliment RJ, and make shots easier for either Grimes or EF? Then what price am I willing to pay?

So basically we all agree that IQ is not a PG or won’t be ready for another season? If so, and if Grimes is becoming a Klay Thompson sort of 2, then IQ should be on the block.
I don’t want Randle as Point forward as much. Get him the ball down hill and he is unstoppable. Get him free for easier shots. We did this last year. He is not being paid 30mil, we don’t need him to shoulder that either.

I love Grimes but his value might be thru the roof via trade. i don’t hate EF as much as some of you. IM good to trade either RELUCTANTLY if it fixes many things. Thats improbable so don’t get excited.

If Sac is reluctant to dump Fox, and Philly Simmons why Am I so fast to dump Randle? He has achieved more than Fox!
Nobody wants randle if he is a lost cause. If not, then he is seen as needing a chemistry change. If so, why not here?

"improbable" is what keeps it real.

If the Knicks trade for Westbrook then Leon and Co. should all be fired. OTOH, if Westbrook is bought out - sign him, he'd be a great vet off the bench (lose Kemba).

I'm not a fan of anyone on Sacto, tbh. They all looked awful. I have doubts about Brunson as well. Simmons is high risk, dubious reward.

Be that as it may be, the FO simply needs to land somebody/anybody who is in fact a starting PG. Nobody's going anywhere wo/one.

Randle and "on track" is an oxymoron. He ain't going anywhere and as long as that's true neither are "we". All Knick problems triangulate to Randle's chronic weaknesses.

I'm never sure what the word 'fix' means with the Knicks. In the next few days the Knicks can and should perform some course correction roster surgery. And the goal must be to make the playoffs because Thibs...

If the plan is to get Brunson - just go get him. No more soap opera, summer FA narrative nonsense. If not then get a short-term PG fix for the season - we aren't competing for a ring.

And, restore some chemistry. Find a couple of bench "dogs" who add value and who open up the starting and secondary units to promoting minutes for best players available.

So, in this case, fix just means make the team whole and competitive.

wargames
Member: #6053

2/2/2022  5:26 PM
fwk00 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im glad most of you are doing this knowing the title is “improbable”.

"improbable" is what keeps it real.

If the Knicks trade for Westbrook then Leon and Co. should all be fired. OTOH, if Westbrook is bought out - sign him, he'd be a great vet off the bench (lose Kemba).

I'm not a fan of anyone on Sacto, tbh. They all looked awful. I have doubts about Brunson as well. Simmons is high risk, dubious reward.

Be that as it may be, the FO simply needs to land somebody/anybody who is in fact a starting PG. Nobody's going anywhere wo/one.

Randle and "on track" is an oxymoron. He ain't going anywhere and as long as that's true neither are "we". All Knick problems triangulate to Randle's chronic weaknesses.

I'm never sure what the word 'fix' means with the Knicks. In the next few days the Knicks can and should perform some course correction roster surgery. And the goal must be to make the playoffs because Thibs...

If the plan is to get Brunson - just go get him. No more soap opera, summer FA narrative nonsense. If not then get a short-term PG fix for the season - we aren't competing for a ring.

And, restore some chemistry. Find a couple of bench "dogs" who add value and who open up the starting and secondary units to promoting minutes for best players available.

So, in this case, fix just means make the team whole and competitive.

I don’t see how they do that this trade deadline. I think unless they move Randle the best they can do is open up some space in the roster like you said. I doubt they trade for a PG and might just bring the kids McBride and IQ up and let them take minutes for the next few months.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/2/2022  9:50 PM
burks+walker for beverley+layman
fwk00

2/3/2022  12:00 AM
jaydh wrote:burks+walker for beverley+layman

we'd probably need to throw in a second-rounder
fwk00

2/9/2022  11:29 PM
Reddish for Bouknight
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/10/2022  7:29 AM
fwk00 wrote:
jaydh wrote:burks+walker for beverley+layman

we'd probably need to throw in a second-rounder

Worth it

Caseloads
Member: #41
2/10/2022  7:29 AM
fwk00 wrote:Reddish for Bouknight

Bouknight has been trash

Your Improbable Trade of the Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy