[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your Improbable Trade of the Day
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/28/2022  10:03 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
wargames wrote:Stop coming up with these scenarios for trading for the worst contract in the league. Literally from bad to worse with trading Randle for Westbrook.

If they move Randle it should be to get young guys and picks to build around RJ.

Tilman Fertitta here? Russ is being misused in LA. In NY he would be able to get his usage up to his career average. He led a terrible roster into the play in last season. It would be a buy low move.

Westbrook would be what Rose was for us last year but better. Plus Lakers would probably be willing to take on EF’s contract

AUTOADVERT
Philc1

1/28/2022  10:04 PM
wargames wrote:Stop coming up with these scenarios for trading for the worst contract in the league. Literally from bad to worse with trading Randle for Westbrook.

If they move Randle it should be to get young guys and picks to build around RJ.

Westbrook is essentially an expiring deal. He has only one year left on his contract after this season is over
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

1/28/2022  10:52 PM
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Tilman Fertitta here? Russ is being misused in LA. In NY he would be able to get his usage up to his career average. He led a terrible roster into the play in last season. It would be a buy low move.

Westbrook would be what Rose was for us last year but better. Plus Lakers would probably be willing to take on EF’s contract

Your trade scenario helps the Lakers win another championship. Westbrook is not helping the Knicks win. Multiple other teams with better players weren’t able to make Westbrook work but the Knicks will?

Also Free Agency is bad until 2024. 2022 and 2023 are bad free agencies and that money will go to bad roleplayers.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/28/2022  11:11 PM
Philc1 wrote:

Westbrook is essentially an expiring deal. He has only one year left on his contract after this season is over

EF is an expiring deal the season after the season after next one.

Philc1

1/28/2022  11:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2022  11:53 PM
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Your trade scenario helps the Lakers win another championship. Westbrook is not helping the Knicks win. Multiple other teams with better players weren’t able to make Westbrook work but the Knicks will?

Teams with Westbrook have missed the playoffs a grand total of one time his entire career and in the season in 2014 OKC still had a winning record and only missed the playoffs due to injuries. He also led the league in assists again last season. You guys are drinking ESPN kool aid the guy just needs to get away from Lebron who never meshes with ball dominant point guards since he himself is a point guard

sidsanders
Member: #2426

1/29/2022  1:07 AM
Philc1 wrote:
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Teams with Westbrook have missed the playoffs a grand total of one time his entire career and in the season in 2014 OKC still had a winning record and only missed the playoffs due to injuries. He also led the league in assists again last season. You guys are drinking ESPN kool aid the guy just needs to get away from Lebron who never meshes with ball dominant point guards since he himself is a point guard

you are not concerned hou and was gave up after 1 year of westbrook? his ft % has cliff dived from 80s to mid 60s the past few seasons. he has always been a poor 3 shooter. wall isnt much better when it comes to outside shooting. pass on either of these 2

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/29/2022  1:32 AM
Don't read anything into Houston dealing him. They hung with the champion Lakers before Danuel House was suspended.

Personally, I think everything that happened in Houston was a "let's burn this baby down" move after Fertitta refused to meet Dantoni's contract demands but I digress.

I hope LeBron wins another championship, or at least has a competitive team. The playoffs are better with LeBron, right? I also don't think of it as a gift to the Lakers. We're basically trading problems.

Anyway, as an organization I'd be more interested in Westbrook than Simmons for a bunch of reasons.

gradyandrew

1/29/2022  1:41 AM
Another trade I'd consider would be Randle, Fournier, Walker for Westbrook, Ellington, Bazemore. This basically pulls the plug on the Randle/ Barrett era and sets the team to build around RJ and our draft picks. I don't think LA says no. Westbrook's play in Washington is pretty strong evidence that he will bring it wherever he goes.
wargames
Member: #6053

1/29/2022  7:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2022  7:33 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Don't read anything into Houston dealing him. They hung with the champion Lakers before Danuel House was suspended.

Personally, I think everything that happened in Houston was a "let's burn this baby down" move after Fertitta refused to meet Dantoni's contract demands but I digress.

I hope LeBron wins another championship, or at least has a competitive team. The playoffs are better with LeBron, right? I also don't think of it as a gift to the Lakers. We're basically trading problems.

Anyway, as an organization I'd be more interested in Westbrook than Simmons for a bunch of reasons.

Let’s not trade problems

Send Randle to the kings for matching expiring contracts (Bagley, Tristan) and their 2022 first
Send Fournier to the Cavs for Rubio’s expiring and two second rounders
Send Burks to the Grizzlies for Jarrett Culver and one of their first rounder (preferably the Lakers but Utah isn’t bad)

Kings want to upgrade and that is the cheapest offer to do so in Randle who looks like he hates playing in NY.
Cavs need shooting and have elite defense to hide Fournier, in what is basically a salary dumping deal.
Burks looks like he can help a playoff team, and did well the last playoffs, plus the Grizzlies have three first rounders this year and Culver isn’t playing for them.

Knicks go into next season with $65 Mil in cap space and the draft with three first round picks. That’s enough money to sign one of the FA PG’s like Sexton, Brunson, or Afernee Simmons to a contract their current team might blink on. They also could throw a stupid contract at guys like Miles bridges and see if Jordan blinks with money tied up elsewhere.

That’s how you fix this problem, not trade for problems!

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/29/2022  6:02 PM
Randle and Walker for Tobias Harris and 2 unprotected Philly first-rounders
gradyandrew

1/29/2022  8:21 PM
wargames wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Don't read anything into Houston dealing him. They hung with the champion Lakers before Danuel House was suspended.

Let’s not trade problems

Send Randle to the kings for matching expiring contracts (Bagley, Tristan) and their 2022 first
Send Fournier to the Cavs for Rubio’s expiring and two second rounders
Send Burks to the Grizzlies for Jarrett Culver and one of their first rounder (preferably the Lakers but Utah isn’t bad)

Kings want to upgrade and that is the cheapest offer to do so in Randle who looks like he hates playing in NY.
Cavs need shooting and have elite defense to hide Fournier, in what is basically a salary dumping deal.
Burks looks like he can help a playoff team, and did well the last playoffs, plus the Grizzlies have three first rounders this year and Culver isn’t playing for them.

Knicks go into next season with $65 Mil in cap space and the draft with three first round picks. That’s enough money to sign one of the FA PG’s like Sexton, Brunson, or Afernee Simmons to a contract their current team might blink on. They also could throw a stupid contract at guys like Miles bridges and see if Jordan blinks with money tied up elsewhere.

That’s how you fix this problem, not trade for problems!

Good moves just not sure how viable.
Sacramento has dropped out of play in territory- I think that's why they pulled out of the.Ben Simmons trade. Not sure if they are convinced a Randle/Holmes frontcourt works in the future.

Not sure if the young Cavs want 2 more seasons of Fournier. Cedi Osman plays a similar role.Rondo has looked good driving the second unit.

As far as Memphis goes- maybe? They always seem to get the better end of any trade.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/29/2022  8:26 PM
https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/front-office-insider-bobby-marks-suggests-westbrook-to-knicks-scenario/

Bobby Marks suggests a trade for Westbrook while still keeping Randle. Im not sure if it will improve the team much but with the trade the knicks can free themselves of Evan, Burks and Kemba's contracts plus gaining a future lottery protected pick. Westbrook has 2 years left in his contract including this year he might have value in the trade deadline next year. This will also free up playing time for Reddish.

Maybe with Westbrook dominating the ball he will be able to keep Randle on his own lane? There might be some advantages to a Westbrook trade. Westbrook didnt click with the Lakers coz its a veteran superteam. With the knicks, this is a young team.

Im just intrigued by this possibility.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/29/2022  8:35 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-knicks/front-office-insider-bobby-marks-suggests-westbrook-to-knicks-scenario/

Bobby Marks suggests a trade for Westbrook while still keeping Randle. Im not sure if it will improve the team much but with the trade the knicks can free themselves of Evan, Burks and Kemba's contracts plus gaining a future lottery protected pick. Westbrook has 2 years left in his contract including this year he might have value in the trade deadline next year. This will also free up playing time for Reddish.

Maybe with Westbrook dominating the ball he will be able to keep Randle on his own lane? There might be some advantages to a Westbrook trade. Westbrook didnt click with the Lakers coz its a veteran superteam. With the knicks, this is a young team.

Im just intrigued by this possibility.

I originally hated the idea of Westbrook here, but softened to it when I thought of the salary/contract dump we could make (Fournier, Kemba, Randle). I think Westbrook and Randle could be damaging to the young guys as there is not room for 2 ball dominant players that are so inefficient. If we could either include Randle in the deal to LA or package him in another deal then I think it could accomplish the plan idea - reset, play the youths alongside Westbrook for a season, gain the #1 pick and see if Westbrook's toughness and intensity can have a positive impact on RJ and the other young players. Let him expire next season and we may have addition by subtraction.

gradyandrew

1/30/2022  3:50 AM
Unless the return is significant, it’s unlikely the Knicks are going to give up Quickley just to get rid of Fournier and his $78-million contract.

Still it says something that Fournier's contract is looking bad enough that it needs an asset to move. This is why a Westbrook trade makes sense. It begs the question that if Julius isn't involved, what's everyone been waiting for. Improbable.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/30/2022  10:31 AM
I would trade Julius and Burks to Sac for Fox. Seems like an even trade. Plus we free up the logjam
unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
1/30/2022  11:48 AM
I hope we can get Murray from SA then remove our gut to get more
Playing time for reddish and grimes
Philc1

1/31/2022  9:54 AM
gradyandrew wrote:
Unless the return is significant, it’s unlikely the Knicks are going to give up Quickley just to get rid of Fournier and his $78-million contract.

Still it says something that Fournier's contract is looking bad enough that it needs an asset to move. This is why a Westbrook trade makes sense. It begs the question that if Julius isn't involved, what's everyone been waiting for. Improbable.

Ship Fournier and Walker to the lakers for Westbrook and throw in Rose (who is done) and Taj to get the contract amounts to match

Why are we wasting time with this current roster

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/31/2022  9:58 AM
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Ship Fournier and Walker to the lakers for Westbrook and throw in Rose (who is done) and Taj to get the contract amounts to match

Pros: A Westbrook trade would open salary in another year.
Cons: I'm not sure I could watch a season of Westbrook and Randle. Also, I thought you guys wanted more RJ development?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1

1/31/2022  10:07 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Pros: A Westbrook trade would open salary in another year.
Cons: I'm not sure I could watch a season of Westbrook and Randle. Also, I thought you guys wanted more RJ development?

RJ is still getting 35-40 minutes a game no matter what

fwk00
Member: #6048

2/1/2022  8:17 PM
Randle, Mitchell, and Kemba for Wood, Theis, Augustine, and a first rounder
Your Improbable Trade of the Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy