[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your Improbable Trade of the Day
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2022  5:48 PM
Rookie wrote:Trade the whole team except for Kemba, Rose and Taj For Westbrook and Wall. Change the name of the team to the NY broken down geriatrics play them 48 min a game and then never complain again that we don’t have a PG
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/25/2022  5:59 PM
Rookie wrote:
Rookie wrote:Trade the whole team except for Kemba, Rose and Taj For Westbrook and Wall. Change the name of the team to the NY broken down geriatrics play them 48 min a game and then never complain again that we don’t have a PG

I don't really see a point guard out of that group you decided to keep
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2022  6:04 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I don't really see a point guard out of that group you decided to keep

They are PG sized, close enough

fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

1/25/2022  6:11 PM
Look, at this point in the season and given the reality of the situation, the FO would be smart to cut bait on Kemba and Randle for sure.

IMO, you look for restoring team chemistry. You want to get back to winning culture. Period.

There's TOO MUCH future noise. It's time to prune a bit.

Trade Randle to commit to Obie but Obie ain't ready for full-tie responsibility. Same goes for Quickley and many others.

This is not a year we're winning a ring barring a miraculous playoff run. So the first order of business is do no harm.
In other words, fill a couple of immediate gratification needs.

Marcus Morris is a great short term filler at PF to tag team with Obie. He loves the Knicks and is great in the locker room.
Reggie Jackson is a short term fix at PG who can take the heat off all the wannabe PG candidates until somebody assumes that role either through late season play or summer signing.

Is that a great return on Randle - purely adding short-term chemistry, increased cap space opportunities, and so on.

In that same stream of logic, trade Noel. Looks like Mitch is a keeper. We have Gibson, Sims and the G-Leaguer who can move up to see who sticks next year.

I wouldn't hesitate to move Burks while he has value. Opens up those swing minutes.

That should allow us a shot at the playoffs in the worst case scenario.

Taj and Rose are short-timers who don't hurt us at all.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2022  9:31 PM
Lakers send us AD, Westbrook and Melo for Burks, Jericho Sims, Kemba, Deuce McBride and Obi. We get rid of the yoots that Thibs isn't playing enough anyway, and we get rid of two backcourt players that are causing us the most angst. LeGM gets a bunch of pieces to play trade and swap with now that he's not winning another ring this season.

We get large names that displace the dysfunction that is Brooklyn right now and we get the real PG everyone's dying for, who gets backed up by DRose and Grimes. We see what Thibs can do with a starting line up of almost all vets that play little to no defense because we'll be scoring 150 points a game.

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/26/2022  10:45 AM
jrodmc wrote:Lakers send us AD, Westbrook and Melo for Burks, Jericho Sims, Kemba, Deuce McBride and Obi. We get rid of the yoots that Thibs isn't playing enough anyway, and we get rid of two backcourt players that are causing us the most angst. LeGM gets a bunch of pieces to play trade and swap with now that he's not winning another ring this season.

We get large names that displace the dysfunction that is Brooklyn right now and we get the real PG everyone's dying for, who gets backed up by DRose and Grimes. We see what Thibs can do with a starting line up of almost all vets that play little to no defense because we'll be scoring 150 points a game.

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

I dont want westbrook, or John Wall in this knicks team.what a turnover fest with Westbrook and Randle sharing the floor

fwk00

1/26/2022  3:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:Lakers send us AD, Westbrook and Melo for Burks, Jericho Sims, Kemba, Deuce McBride and Obi. We get rid of the yoots that Thibs isn't playing enough anyway, and we get rid of two backcourt players that are causing us the most angst. LeGM gets a bunch of pieces to play trade and swap with now that he's not winning another ring this season.

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

I like it. And (big bonus) you managed to hang onto Fournier After all that seamless maneuvering. Genius. That's why I choose UK - for all that intelligent basketball IQ.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2022  3:09 PM
fwk00 wrote:

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

I like it. And (big bonus) you managed to hang onto Fournier After all that seamless maneuvering. Genius. That's why I choose UK - for all that intelligent basketball IQ.

Jokes on you! jrodmc was secretly just trading for Melo.

And Bravo! It worked

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/26/2022  3:44 PM
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

And Bravo! It worked

martin notices the little things. LMAO. But it's no joke!!! Just imagine, Coming Home 2!!! Melo gets his rings here and plays the Robert Horry role for the next 3 seasons! Think of the back pages! Fat Smiling Hat Boy returns to the scene of his 2011 "forced rape trade"! Oh the humanity!!!

And I'm pretty sure even the salaries might work! And even TripleThreat would say this passes the mirror test!!!

wargames
Member: #6053

1/26/2022  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/26/2022  5:31 PM
https://hoopshabit.com/2022/01/25/nba-trades-julius-randle-knicks/
I would love that Wizards trade.... Its a real franchise reset around RJ
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00

1/26/2022  8:55 PM
martin wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

AD
Randle
RJ
Westbrook
Fournier

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

And Bravo! It worked

Oh hell yeah, that old Melo magic -eyeroll-

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
1/26/2022  10:36 PM
I love love Burks. But we've got rose and have to keep walker and Fournier

So it's time to take in a defensive minded 6-11 25 year old point guard.
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7523117

Randle + Burks for simmons

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/26/2022  10:39 PM
Any chance we can do Randle and a future 1st for Sabonis? I don't think I can stomach Randle for 4 more years!
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/27/2022  3:56 AM
Can we just trade Noel, Kemba, and Fournier for Westbrook? Those 3 are about 2 million short of making the trade work, but close.enough that it could work by either adding McBride or rerouting a 2nd rounder to a 3rd team.

I think Fournier is the key for the Lakers- as Kemba and Noel are question marks. Not sure if that's enough to get LA interested- but I think Fournier is a better fit than Wall.

As much as Westbrook reinforces NY's worst tendencies to turnovers and poor shots- he comes into a situation where he's the top dog, which he's historically thrived as. The added benefit of the KD/ Westy/ Garden triangle makes for must see TV.

Rose screwed up the next two years this off season. Time to cut bait.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/27/2022  5:15 AM
Stop coming up with these scenarios for trading for the worst contract in the league. Literally from bad to worse with trading Randle for Westbrook.

If they move Randle it should be to get young guys and picks to build around RJ.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
gradyandrew

1/27/2022  5:16 AM
Ian Bagley says the entire roster is available for the right price.
fwk00

1/28/2022  5:39 PM
Noel, Walker, and Burks for Horford and Pritchard
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/28/2022  5:47 PM
fwk00 wrote:Noel, Walker, and Burks for Horford and Pritchard

Somehow make Fournier part of that trade

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/28/2022  9:15 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Ian Bagley says the entire roster is available for the right price.

$5.49?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gradyandrew

1/28/2022  9:44 PM
wargames wrote:Stop coming up with these scenarios for trading for the worst contract in the league. Literally from bad to worse with trading Randle for Westbrook.

If they move Randle it should be to get young guys and picks to build around RJ.

Tilman Fertitta here? Russ is being misused in LA. In NY he would be able to get his usage up to his career average. He led a terrible roster into the play in last season. It would be a buy low move.

Your Improbable Trade of the Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy