[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your Improbable Trade of the Day
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/17/2022  1:00 PM
jaydh wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Pacers Looking For Two First Round Picks For Myles Turner and/or One 1st round pick + a talented youth.

I'd send them one 1st round pick and Deuce McBride.

what if it cost Obi+filler+1st for Turner?

Nope. No thanks; I actually appreciate having Obi Toppin as Julius Randle's backup @ PF. Because if anything were to ever happen to Julius Randle it could become Obi Toppin who saves our PF position.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
1/17/2022  1:17 PM
jaydh wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Pacers Looking For Two First Round Picks For Myles Turner and/or One 1st round pick + a talented youth.

Pacers tweeted Miles Turner is having a second opinion on his foot soreness, so expect his exaggerated value to go down!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/17/2022  2:38 PM
jaydh wrote:

I'm probably a no, but I warm to this idea more and more. If they would go for Obi and second I'm probably in. I am a huge Obi fan but I really do like the combo of Randle and Turner. I feel like Obi has a higher ceiling than Turner but Turner is proven.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/17/2022  6:32 PM
Obie, Mitchell, and Kemba for Sabonis
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/18/2022  1:19 PM
Randle for Fox
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/19/2022  8:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2022  8:56 AM
jaydh wrote:

smackeddog wrote:
jaydh wrote:

Pacers tweeted Miles Turner is having a second opinion on his foot soreness, so expect his exaggerated value to go down!

Foot injuries are a huge red flag. Grant Hill says hi

Philc1

1/19/2022  8:59 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Dallas having some buyers remorse in this improbable trade.

Knicks sends Evan, Noel and burks for Poor-zingis and Bronson plus 2 more 1st rounders.

😂

How may 1st rounders will it take for knicks fans to consider a trade for the Poor-zingis brothers? 😂

I’d rather get a blood transfusion from Magic Johnson

Philc1

1/19/2022  9:00 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
jaydh wrote:burks+toppin+mcbride+2 1sts for Bullock+cauley-stein+brunson

is this possibly one of the top 10 worst trade ideas ever? Bullock , no need for him. CS, sucks and Brunson is a FA to be .

We can get Cauley Stein for free once he passes waivers. We could have used him last night after the refs took out both Mitch and taj

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/19/2022  9:53 AM
Brunson is the 2nd most important player on Dallas...I can't see them dealing him mid-season, unless they are dealing him "up" for a better player.
I'm not saying I would do this, but I think it would need to be something like Brunson, Finney-Smith, Dwight Powell and a first rounder for Randle, McBride, Solomon Hill
fwk00

1/19/2022  12:24 PM
How about a D'Angelo Russell deal for Obie, Quickly, and ballast?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/19/2022  12:42 PM
Philc1 wrote:
jaydh wrote:

smackeddog wrote:
jaydh wrote:

Foot injuries are a huge red flag. Grant Hill says hi

Grant Hill's ankle says Hi to you.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/19/2022  12:44 PM
fwk00 wrote:How about a D'Angelo Russell deal for Obie, Quickly, and ballast?

D'Angelo is alright player, but he doesn't create the rim pressure Thibs seems to prefer from his lead guards. Plus he makes a lot of money. Pass!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00

1/19/2022  10:24 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

D'Angelo is alright player, but he doesn't create the rim pressure Thibs seems to prefer from his lead guards. Plus he makes a lot of money. Pass!

Yes, but he may be available at the right price. A player in the right situation at the right time.

Russell is expendable for Minny. The fact that he makes a lot of money is nbd.

Assuming no other 'dream' PG options are available - why not?

I have to say that watching Brunson the other night was somewhat disappointing. I simply was not impressed by his play notr thought he was an answer to our eternal PG enigma.

Who else? Fox? Sacto is doing a tease to up the ante.

Simmons? What's he cost, what does he actually bring beside a customized head case? And what's he cost again?

And waiting until yet another summer is an opportunity cost. The opportunity being that the early playoff series *can be* a more equal contest than in many years. Even if Russell is acquired as an 'all-in' rental and we part with a few yutes, is having a legitimate run at a ring not worth it?

As fans *WE KNOW* how easy it is to thrash around for years tinkering and going nowhere.

We claim we have a FO.

We claim we have a coach.

Fill in the damned missing link and see what happens. Its a short window not a distant horizon.

BigDaddyG

1/19/2022  11:41 PM
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yes, but he may be available at the right price. A player in the right situation at the right time.

I have to say that watching Brunson the other night was somewhat disappointing. I simply was not impressed by his play notr thought he was an answer to our eternal PG enigma.

Simmons? What's he cost, what does he actually bring beside a customized head case? And what's he cost again?

And waiting until yet another summer is an opportunity cost. The opportunity being that the early playoff series *can be* a more equal contest than in many years. Even if Russell is acquired as an 'all-in' rental and we part with a few yutes, is having a legitimate run at a ring not worth it?

As fans *WE KNOW* how easy it is to thrash around for years tinkering and going nowhere.

We claim we have a FO.

Fill in the damned missing link and see what happens. Its a short window not a distant horizon.

Russell isn't giving this team a legitimate shot at the ring. Neither is Brunson, but he can at least put pressure on the rim and finish. And Russell makes Brunson look Gary Payton defensively. I dunno. Anyway, I'd rather wait until the end of the season for most of the players mentioned, with the exception of Brunson, anyway. I'm not interested in making a panic deal just to lose in the play-in.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00

1/20/2022  12:05 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

We claim we have a FO.

Russell isn't giving this team a legitimate shot at the ring. Neither is Brunson, but he can at least put pressure on the rim and finish. And Russell makes Brunson look Gary Payton defensively. I dunno. Anyway, I'd rather wait until the end of the season for most of the players mentioned, with the exception of Brunson, anyway. I'm not interested in making a panic deal just to lose in the play-in.

Okay. Put the Russell idea to one side.

Let's just treat this season as a set of opportunities.

If we continue along the current trajectory or slightly worse we get a few new draftees none of whom will be, at face value, considered a sure thing. So more yutes on a bench full of yutes. Then there's Free Agency that is as elusive as catching UFOs.

But okay. Maybe we sign a PG. We'll use Brunson as a stub. He pushes down a parade of Current PG candidates.

Who else? If, as you say, Brunson (or whoever) can't put us over this year then when? Next year? Or maybe two years out with another magical thinking FA or draft pick.

See the problem? At some point (why not now?) you have so many assets, why not gamble on making a run?

Or do we just collect shiny assets who keep us at .500 until they burn out or mature?

BigDaddyG

1/20/2022  8:22 AM
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

We claim we have a FO.

Okay. Put the Russell idea to one side.

Let's just treat this season as a set of opportunities.

If we continue along the current trajectory or slightly worse we get a few new draftees none of whom will be, at face value, considered a sure thing. So more yutes on a bench full of yutes. Then there's Free Agency that is as elusive as catching UFOs.

But okay. Maybe we sign a PG. We'll use Brunson as a stub. He pushes down a parade of Current PG candidates.

Who else? If, as you say, Brunson (or whoever) can't put us over this year then when? Next year? Or maybe two years out with another magical thinking FA or draft pick.

See the problem? At some point (why not now?) you have so many assets, why not gamble on making a run?

Or do we just collect shiny assets who keep us at .500 until they burn out or mature?

I'm not on-board with the OKC plan and I believe the Knicks will need to start using their assets by default. The team just has too many picks and too few roster spots going forward. But, relative to other teams in the league, I wouldn't say this is a team flush with assets. RJ, IQ and Obi? That's not close to getting you a difference make like Simmons. Not yet anyway. And draft picks, while still valuable, don't hold the same importance that they used to. You saw it last draft when the team couldn't move up and you it in the Harden trade with those ridiculous pick swaps. Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Simmons, but he is the only real difference maker on the trade market and the Knicks don't even have enough to get him. Right now, the team needs to hang tight and wait for the next guy to become available. It's painful to watch, but it's the same pain GSW fans had to endure when Montae Ellis was gunning his way to sub .500 seasons or Suns fans felt when they had to watch Elfrid Payton during his first stint there. I'm not a fan of every move the FO has made, but the Knicks are stable and competent for the first time in a while. I'm confident that it will navigate the team through this period of frustration.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2022  8:37 AM
I would not trade RJ straight up for simmons.
OBI and IQ are not NBA starters yet. So value is not high.

We want the starphuch. Our FO, MIlls and Aller will grind it out. Media will stir us up to read trade ideas and make more issues than exist.

We sort of fixed our starting unit. Rande, RJ and EF paying very well the last 5-6 games. No trades needed. Execution and chemistry.

When I see Kemba killing it shows the promise of what he could be. If he can’t be that, he is a bit of liabilty. If he can’t shoot, defenders sag off him and his defense suffers if hampered by the knee. Thats why he is either in or out. If it byes time to develop IQ and Deuce, thats ok and happening.

The Reddish trade? We paid little and for the most part he either stays the same, does not improve, or gets much improved. 33% chance of each? Not a given is it? But thats ok. We get a chance/opportunity to get lucky. WE traded a lo 1st round pick whose odds and timeline might not be much better if at all.

Deuce is not there yet. He had one good outing which showed alot. Rookies are inconsistant but at least it showed what can be. At 21 im not saying we give up, but I sure as hell are not letting him grow on the court and lose games. We don’t do that.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/20/2022  10:24 AM
Posted this in another thread - new improbable trade:

Randle, Kemba and Noel for D. Russell, Naz Reid and either McDaniels / Vanderbilt

Philc1

1/20/2022  10:35 AM
Nalod wrote:I would not trade RJ straight up for simmons.
OBI and IQ are not NBA starters yet. So value is not high.

We want the starphuch. Our FO, MIlls and Aller will grind it out. Media will stir us up to read trade ideas and make more issues than exist.

We sort of fixed our starting unit. Rande, RJ and EF paying very well the last 5-6 games. No trades needed. Execution and chemistry.

When I see Kemba killing it shows the promise of what he could be. If he can’t be that, he is a bit of liabilty. If he can’t shoot, defenders sag off him and his defense suffers if hampered by the knee. Thats why he is either in or out. If it byes time to develop IQ and Deuce, thats ok and happening.

The Reddish trade? We paid little and for the most part he either stays the same, does not improve, or gets much improved. 33% chance of each? Not a given is it? But thats ok. We get a chance/opportunity to get lucky. WE traded a lo 1st round pick whose odds and timeline might not be much better if at all.

Deuce is not there yet. He had one good outing which showed alot. Rookies are inconsistant but at least it showed what can be. At 21 im not saying we give up, but I sure as hell are not letting him grow on the court and lose games. We don’t do that.

If we trade RJ for Ben Simmons I’m becoming a nets fan. Holy cow that’s a horrible idea

blkexec
Member: #748
1/20/2022  12:44 PM
We always talk about getting Zion, but what if we trade RJ and Cam to NO.

what would NO send us in return?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Your Improbable Trade of the Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy