[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Maybe Fournier will have another good game against Boston? TNT 730
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
1/7/2022  1:00 PM
Great job RJ! Formative moment for him? Redemption for his Duke Elite 8 demon of missing that critical free throw (and missing the 2nd intentionally)!

Huge win.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/7/2022  1:29 PM
Clean wrote:
Clean wrote:Holy crap we finally hit a game winner!!!

I knew it was a long time but I did not know it was that long.

These stats are crazy:

With that shot, Barrett became the first Knick to hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer since Steve Francis back in 2007. In addition, this was the biggest comeback win for the Knicks since 2004 when they beat the Milwaukee Bucks after trailing by 26. Heading into Thursday night, the Knicks were 1-229 in the last 25 seasons when facing a 25-point deficit.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knicks-stun-celtics-thanks-to-rj-barretts-miracle-game-winner-evan-fourniers-career-high-41-points/

Ye Gods! What we've endured!

smackeddog
1/7/2022  1:30 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Can someone explain why Fournier only plays well against the Celtics? Is the guy not motivated to play against anyone else?

It’s a phenomenon that’s everywhere in pro sports.

Ha ha!😂

smackeddog
1/7/2022  1:36 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Julius Randle had every right to curse and throw the thumbs down.

It's one thing to expect greatness out of your players but it's another thing to boo them like pos scumbags.

Only pos scumbag fans would ever boo a player who's not only the heart and soul of our NYC team but also did something last year that no NBA player has ever done since dating back to Larry Birds MVP season of 1986, earned the NBA's Most Improved Player Award, became an All-Star @ only 26 years old, earned an All-NBA selection and most importantly; carried NYC on his back and into the Playoffs for the 1st time since dating back to 2012-2013.

Imo there is nothing worse in sports than love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down and to BOO Julius Randle? A 27 year old kid? Not even 40 games into his season? That thumbs down from Julius Randle was directed towards POS Scumbag fans (not MSG Faithful and/or his fans).

I once watched a game where MSG SCUMBAGS had the nerve to BOO #33 MY FAVORITE KNICKS LEGEND PATRICK EWING.

That was absolutely DISGUSTING. Patrick Ewing not only gave his heart and soul to NYC basketball but he also gave his knees (on ice) for us. And to BOO #33? It was disgusting.

Julius Randle telling those scumbag NY "fans" to STFU and giving them a thumbs down? Good. Good for Julius Randle; that was payback for those same scumbag fans who had the nerve to BOOOO Patrick Ewing!

I once watched a game where Yankee Stadium SCUMBAGS booed Derek Jeter.

"It was April 23, 2004, when Yankees fans booed a struggling Jeter for seemingly the first time in his otherwise pristine career. He had awakened that morning with an ugly sub-. 200 batting average and no homers in 17 games".

5x All-Star.
3x World Champion.

(At the time).

And a bunch of drunk scumbag NYY "fans" still had the nerve to BOO #2?!? And all because of a low batting average and not even 20 games into his season? It's disgusting.

If you're an NY sports fan who's ever booed Patrick Ewing/Derek Jeter and recently Julius Randle? You're nothing more than a scumbag fan.

Think some fans need to learn if they're going to dish it out they can't cry when they have to take it- I'm perfectly fine with Randle telling us/them to shut the f up. How many players need to show or let us know how much our loud negativity is completely detrimental to them- be honest, how many players over the years/decades has it helped? It seems to break players and deter them from coming here, but still fans insist on boo-ing and saying nasty stuff on twitter where players will see it (I talk s*** on these boards because they won't!), like it's a badge of pride or proof that the player just couldn't handle it. Well the feed back is pretty much no player can handle it- maybe it's time to reflect and change tact?

Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/7/2022  2:04 PM
Fans are gonna be fans. You can't tell a fan how to act. Cheer or Boo or sit on your hands. You paid to be there and as long as you're not being dangerous or causing a disturbance you have the freedom to express yourself.

Instead of trying the impossible task of policing every fan every where even on social media how about we tell players don't go on social media.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/7/2022  2:19 PM
Sambakick wrote:Fans are gonna be fans. You can't tell a fan how to act. Cheer or Boo or sit on your hands. You paid to be there and as long as you're not being dangerous or causing a disturbance you have the freedom to express yourself.

Instead of trying the impossible task of policing every fan every where even on social media how about we tell players don't go on social media.

Players are gonna be players (human). And as a fan, you can not tell a player how to respond emotionally. They are paid to play a game they love and in return they have the freedom to express themselves (as long as they're not being dangerous or causing a disturbance).

You see, it works both ways.

And as fans we also have a freedom and a right to boo the fans who boo our favorite/best players.

Sambakick, I have a serious question for you and would appreciate a serious answer in return.

Do you and did you agree with the "fans" of both Yankee Stadium and MSG who disgustingly booed both Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing?

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/7/2022  3:01 PM
Randle got about 4000 mvp chants from the same crowd. Where was the thumbs up?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/7/2022  7:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2022  7:48 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:Fans are gonna be fans. You can't tell a fan how to act. Cheer or Boo or sit on your hands. You paid to be there and as long as you're not being dangerous or causing a disturbance you have the freedom to express yourself.

Players are gonna be players (human). And as a fan, you can not tell a player how to respond emotionally. They are paid to play a game they love and in return they have the freedom to express themselves (as long as they're not being dangerous or causing a disturbance).

You see, it works both ways.

And as fans we also have a freedom and a right to boo the fans who boo our favorite/best players.

Sambakick, I have a serious question for you and would appreciate a serious answer in return.

Do you and did you agree with the "fans" of both Yankee Stadium and MSG who disgustingly booed both Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing?

Dude. I will go on and say that I don’t agree with the fans booing in this particular game. Randle has been playing well and the Knicks were coming back. That was silly. With that said… overall, Randle has been playing bad this season. The fans cannot walk up to JR and say “hey man, I don’t like how you are playing.” He is certainly not going to go up to the fans and ask them their opinions. Therefore, the fans have zero other way of showing their displeasure. The boos are going to come.

And you add to the arguement you oppose. If the fans can boo Ewing and Jeter and oh BTW, Mariano Rivera and even Eli Manning, then why the hell should Julius be exempt?

Ewing, Houston, Sprewell, Marbury, and Melo all had to deal with it. Julius is going to learn to deal with it or simply play better. Hopefully the latter.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GameThread: Maybe Fournier will have another good game against Boston? TNT 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy