[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Maybe Fournier will have another good game against Boston? TNT 730
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/6/2022  11:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2022  11:10 PM
Games like this with a packed rocking crowd in the garden, celebrities, nationally televised — maybe Silver wakes up and realizes he needs to start orchaestrating a superstar to come here in the next couple years instead of everyone going to LA
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/6/2022  11:40 PM
Randle played aggressively tonight, which is a good thing. However, the thumbs down and telling fans to shut the f*** up is not a good look. Despite what he said earlier, clearly, it is bothering him. He just needs to ignore it. You are not going to win going back and forth with the fans...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/6/2022  11:58 PM
Uptown wrote:Randle played aggressively tonight, which is a good thing. However, the thumbs down and telling fans to shut the f*** up is not a good look. Despite what he said earlier, clearly, it is bothering him. He just needs to ignore it. You are not going to win going back and forth with the fans...

IDGAF... whatever gets him hype

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/7/2022  12:01 AM
Uptown wrote:Randle played aggressively tonight, which is a good thing. However, the thumbs down and telling fans to shut the f*** up is not a good look. Despite what he said earlier, clearly, it is bothering him. He just needs to ignore it. You are not going to win going back and forth with the fans...

Fans stupidly boo the players. Players sometimes have a right to boo back. I don’t see a problem here. Randle is emotional too, like us.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/7/2022  12:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2022  6:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah...this was the most energy he has played with probably all season

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/7/2022  12:13 AM
What's the biggest come from behind comeback win within Knicks Franchise History?

I'm not sure?

But I do know that tonight's 25 point comeback vs. Boston just became the Knicks biggest comeback in 18 years (2004 @ Milwaukee: came back and won from down 26 points).

[IMG_block] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIeCY6RXoAE3HX6?format=jpg&name=900x900 [/IMG_block]

This is the type of game that brings a team together. The type of win that can bring all 3 of confidence, momentum and belief.

NYKMentality

1/7/2022  12:41 AM
Julius Randle had every right to curse and throw the thumbs down.

It's one thing to expect greatness out of your players but it's another thing to boo them like pos scumbags.

Only pos scumbag fans would ever boo a player who's not only the heart and soul of our NYC team but also did something last year that no NBA player has ever done since dating back to Larry Birds MVP season of 1986, earned the NBA's Most Improved Player Award, became an All-Star @ only 26 years old, earned an All-NBA selection and most importantly; carried NYC on his back and into the Playoffs for the 1st time since dating back to 2012-2013.

Imo there is nothing worse in sports than love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down and to BOO Julius Randle? A 27 year old kid? Not even 40 games into his season? That thumbs down from Julius Randle was directed towards POS Scumbag fans (not MSG Faithful and/or his fans).

I once watched a game where MSG SCUMBAGS had the nerve to BOO #33 MY FAVORITE KNICKS LEGEND PATRICK EWING.

That was absolutely DISGUSTING. Patrick Ewing not only gave his heart and soul to NYC basketball but he also gave his knees (on ice) for us. And to BOO #33? It was disgusting.

Julius Randle telling those scumbag NY "fans" to STFU and giving them a thumbs down? Good. Good for Julius Randle; that was payback for those same scumbag fans who had the nerve to BOOOO Patrick Ewing!

I once watched a game where Yankee Stadium SCUMBAGS booed Derek Jeter.

"It was April 23, 2004, when Yankees fans booed a struggling Jeter for seemingly the first time in his otherwise pristine career. He had awakened that morning with an ugly sub-. 200 batting average and no homers in 17 games".

5x All-Star.
3x World Champion.

(At the time).

And a bunch of drunk scumbag NYY "fans" still had the nerve to BOO #2?!? And all because of a low batting average and not even 20 games into his season? It's disgusting.

If you're an NY sports fan who's ever booed Patrick Ewing/Derek Jeter and recently Julius Randle? You're nothing more than a scumbag fan.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/7/2022  3:44 AM
So I am back in Russia and now live games start at 4 am. So I came up with watching the replay the next morning. Just got to be very careful not to open the sports news in order not to find out the results before watching the game. Man, what a game that was. My favorite game of the I don't even know how long. First half the Celts just had to take a look at the basket and 2 or 3 points would appear on the box score. Unconscious, the whole damn team, even Marcus Smart. But there is one thing I have learned about Thibs Knicks. We can climb out of any hole it seems. Once we put the clamps on we are right there with the best of them. If we can learn to sustain that type of defense we should be better than even last year.
Evan Fournier wow. He can stay for now. It's very suspicious though that he is only motivated against the Celts.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Clean
Member: #743
1/7/2022  3:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2022  3:58 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yea, if him being pissed at the fans makes him play with energy then I welcome it. I care more about wins than being liked.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/7/2022  8:32 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Can someone explain why Fournier only plays well against the Celtics? Is the guy not motivated to play against anyone else?

We just somehow need to have every other team in the league formally notify Fournier that they also did not want to, and would never have, offered him $78MM.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/7/2022  8:40 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Can someone explain why Fournier only plays well against the Celtics? Is the guy not motivated to play against anyone else?

We just somehow need to have every other team in the league formally notify Fournier that they also did not want to, and would never have, offered him $78MM.

Just wait til the Knicks trade him.... it will haunt us as he racks up 40 point games against

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
USA
1/7/2022  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2022  8:43 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
[IMG_block] https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIeCY6RXoAE3HX6?format=jpg&name=900x900 [/IMG_block]

LMAO - And here I thought I was the only human on the planet who still had a Starbury jersey!

Oh wait, that's a STARKS jersey.... LOL

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/7/2022  8:57 AM
Philc1 wrote:Games like this with a packed rocking crowd in the garden, celebrities, nationally televised — maybe Silver wakes up and realizes he needs to start orchaestrating a superstar to come here in the next couple years instead of everyone going to LA

Just enjoy the moment. Knicks take care of business on the court and the rest falls into place.

Boo birds could instead yell ecouragement.
Lets be real, Randle is not in Ewing or Jeter space even mid career. I see some are ok with it and feel justified given his performance last night as if fans motivated. I don’t agree.
Me, i don’t like it but I get it and I doubt its going to change.
Fornier fed off positive energy and had a “Knick moment”. He good for a while and if he struggled he’d been boo’d.

Lets Talk that Maple Mamba DNA. Ever notice as part of RJ’s growth he comes up big even after half or 3/4 bad game? Or long stretch of inconsistant play then does something good? Thats the High ceiling of a 21 year old still getting his growth in. He did not shy away, stared it down and ****ing nailed it!

It was a great night!!!!

jrodmc
USA
1/7/2022  9:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Fans stupidly boo the players. Players sometimes have a right to boo back. I don’t see a problem here. Randle is emotional too, like us.

My problem is that taking cues from exactly what the Mets did (even subconsciously) is akin to taking military advice from Iceland.

That said, Julius could flip both middle fingers at us fans, for all I care. He wins, RJ wins, EF wins, we all win.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/7/2022  9:19 AM
I was really annoyed for most of this game. I absolutely hated how we started. We just weren't ready to play. Celtics did whatever they wanted. Our team D was just awful But gotta give credit to this team for fighting back. Coming back down 25 is almost impossible. It always starts with defense.
We held the Celtics to just 41 points in the second half after they scored 63 in the first half (38 points in the 2nd quarter).

I think I've now watched this RJ game winner over 20 times since last night! I cannot believe Thibs would actually call a play for him, considering how well Fournier was shooting and Randle usually takes those shots anyway. And let's be real, RJ was not having a good game. He shot 3/14 before that and wasn't having a good defensive game either. I think every time Smartt hit a three to extend the lead after we cut it down to 2, it was always RJ helping mad late. But weird how Thibs called his number in that situation cause it doesn't make any sense but kudos to RJ for stepping up and making that! Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

That was a insane performance by Fournier! I did not think he had this type of game in him. 41 points including 10/14 from three. This game would have ended in a 20 point plus blowout if he wasn't for him keeping us in the game in the first half. I just don't get why he only plays like this against Boston and like total crap against everyone else. Even his defense was different! He bodied and forced Tatum to take some tough shots! Hopefully this game helps him start to put a string of good games together but I'm not counting on it.

I do not like Randle telling fans to STFU. It's not like we're booing for no reason. For the majority of the season, he's played lazy and hasn't hustled. Especially on defense. I'm personally tough on him cause I know he can do better. I've seen it. We've all seen it. It's nothing personal. But whatever get's him going, I don't care. I just don't like calling the fans out. He can't win. Ewing did that once too back in 95 or 96 and was booed the entire game every time he touched the ball the following game. Randle just needs to play better.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/7/2022  9:30 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

This is how he has to play - really fkin aggressive and locked in. He played like it last season (which is why the fans loved him and why he got the big contract). Not so much this season. And to those fans who were booing him.... I say keep lighting the fire under his ass.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/7/2022  10:09 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKMentality

1/7/2022  10:13 AM
@ Martin.

You should keep the thread Title the same for @ Boston Pt. 2 (minus the TNT part).

Because...

"Maybe Fournier will have another good game against Boston?"

You hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD with that thread Title 😅

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/7/2022  11:20 AM
martin wrote:

I didn't realize that was Westchester Knicks stalwart Aamir Simms. He's looked solid. Would have been cool if they called him up.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/7/2022  12:24 PM
What a nice comeback and an even better clutch buzzer beater by RJ! The knicks have been such a tease all season, every so often they get a statement win and most fans expect that this will be the turning point of the season but somehow the knicks just can't take off the next game or two they always fall and crash back to earth. The team still lacks consistency both on offense(starting 5 cant seem to gel) and on defense. Im still hoping Kemba comes back healthy and form a consistent 3 headed dragon in the starting line up with RJ and Randle. If only they can figure it out and those 3 can average 20pts per game the way teams like the nets(kD, Harden and Kyrie) does most of the nights they play together.
GameThread: Maybe Fournier will have another good game against Boston? TNT 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy