HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/4/2022  10:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2022  10:26 PM
Barrett and Randle shot 60%
Combine for 62 points
Combine for 24 Rebounds

And a post a big FU to the haters.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/4/2022  10:05 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:This is gonna be another one of those awful home losses.

True fan stuff right here!!

Game was tied against a bad team with rookie backcourt when I posted that.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
Great to see RJ so assertive tonight! Big point game going to the rim, not waiting for kick out threes. Wanted to see him go for a career high!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
KnickDanger wrote:Randle got a nice rest and came back strong. Him and RJ get 30 - haters get a day off.

Randle got a good look at the game from the outside looking in. Probably helped him. He looked fresh and confident and outplayed Sabonis. Barrett looked hungry to prove something. This plus getting Walker and rose healthy is what the team needs.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/4/2022  10:12 PM
Sambakick wrote:
jaydh wrote:randle already in form... sloppy turnover and didn't bother to defend
Thibs should've yanked him for that.

Wow. Just wow.

Not even two-three minutes into the game? And the both of you were already chomping @ the bit to attack Julius Randle and scream for Thibs to BENCH HIM? That's both sad and disgusting.

You guys remember when Shaq told Kobe to "tell me how my ass taste"?

Well...

38 Minutes.
30 Points.
16 Rebounds.
4 Assists.
2 Steals.
12/20 from the field (.600%).

Thank God our Coach of the year Tom Thibs didn't listen to your knee jerk reaction posts.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/4/2022  10:12 PM
This is GOLD

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKMentality

1/4/2022  10:13 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Over/under on how many posts NYKMentality will make to defend his true love now that Randle is back in the lineup... I'm going with 6

38 Minutes.
30 Points.
16 Rebounds.
4 Assists.
2 Steals.
12/20 from the field (.600%).

He deserved a lot more than just 6 NYKM posts.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

1/4/2022  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2022  10:17 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

So you were giving up when we were tied in the 3rd quarter? You did not think we would come out ahead against a "rookie backcourt"?
Cmon man! Have some faith!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SergioNYK
USA
1/4/2022  10:23 PM
I hope this is a start of this team winning their home games against bad teams. This wasn't easy but who cares. Style points do not count! This team has to understand no team no matter how injured they are, will not come into MSG and lay down. Every team will come here and bring it even with a rookie backcourt. MSG is like their Super Bowl for these rookies and G League guys.

I'll be honest I was not feeling good midway through the 3rd. I know Randle and RJ had monster games but I think the game changed when Fournier went out and was subed for Grimes and never came back. I know some Fournier fans here defend his play and effort citing injuries but can anyone tell me where that came from? I know he missed a game with an ankle but watching him, I do not see a player limping or appearing hurt. I see a guy who can't make open shots and plays really soft, lazy and late on defense. I honestly think if it wasn't for his contract, he wouldn't start or probably be in the rotation. He is an awful fit with this team. Really hoping someway somehow we can trade him. I'd honestly just trade him for someone like Eric Gordon straight up. Even though Gordon is older. I just really dislike Fournier. Flashbacks of Bargnani when I see him.

But great games by Randle and RJ and great defense in the second half holding the Hicks to 39 points. Loved how RJ attacked the paint and posted up. I know it's not 1999 and it's uncool to post up but I'd run some plays for RJ down low. And Randle pissed me the hell off at the start with the turnovers and lazy defense but he settled down and outplayed Sabonis. He's also back to using that midrange pull up and driving, which he wasn't using earlier in the season. More of that along with attacking the glass and less of the dribble dribble spin or shooting contested threes.

Split with Boston the next home and home and I'll be content.

SergioNYK
USA
1/4/2022  10:32 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

So you were giving up when we were tied in the 3rd quarter? You did not think we would come out ahead against a "rookie backcourt"?
Cmon man! Have some faith!

It's a New Years Resolution so I'll try.

Those home losses to Orlando though.

NYKMentality

1/4/2022  10:46 PM
Sambakick wrote:
jaydh wrote:randle already in form... sloppy turnover and didn't bother to defend

Funny how on page 1 these two posts were the only two posts by both of jaydh and Sambakick (combined).

But yet they had nothingness to say the rest of the game as Julius Randle absolutely balled out?

Is it just me, or does anyone else smell a "hidden agenda'?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/5/2022  7:57 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Funny how on page 1 these two posts were the only two posts by both of jaydh and Sambakick (combined).

But yet they had nothingness to say the rest of the game as Julius Randle absolutely balled out?

You need to work on your public relations skills. Brittney’s game can speak for itself. He don’t need a hype man to talk it up.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/5/2022  8:08 AM
martin wrote:This is GOLD

It supposedly has weak defenses.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/5/2022  8:42 AM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

You need to work on your public relations skills. Brittney’s game can speak for itself. He don’t need a hype man to talk it up.

Who’s Brittney? Do you mean NYKaren?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/5/2022  8:51 AM
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Who’s Brittney? Do you mean NYKaren?

I think you are on to something. NYKarenMentality

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/5/2022  9:41 AM
Feel good win and we've got all this hater reaction to the homer reactions. Let's Go Brandon!

[IMG_block] https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.1090ca1202d392200591c17b51781bdb?rik=sJinMjBBH9QiFA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0 [/IMG_block]

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/5/2022  9:53 AM
good game. This was last year's formula. Pound them with Randle/RJ and let the others do their thing.

WE ARE the "bad team with the rookie backcourt"

We start a SF who's only PG skill is getting his own shot.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/5/2022  10:22 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Did you watch the play where he turned the ball over then casually didn't bother to defend at all as the D-league player who stole the ball also popped a corner three while Randle was meandering around the paint?

You're obviously the one with an agenda here. No haters on this thread just fans and stans.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
NYKMentality

1/5/2022  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2022  10:41 AM
Sambakick wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Sambakick wrote:

Did you watch the play where he turned the ball over then casually didn't bother to defend at all as the D-league player who stole the ball also popped a corner three while Randle was meandering around the paint?

You're obviously the one with an agenda here. No haters on this thread just fans and stans.

Um. Two minutes into the game (after missing 2 games because of covid protocol) and you were chomping at the bit to call him out for a "turnover" while also asking coach Thibs to "bench him"?

Did you not watch the game where he played 38 minutes and put up 30 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal while also shooting 12/20 (.600%) with only 3 turnovers vs. an Indiana All-Star in Sabonis??

And it's funny.

Because during that monster performance? And after that 1 turnover? You had nothing to say. You said absolutely nothingness (thereafter).

Julius Randle is averaging exactly the same amount of turnovers this year as he did last year but that's something that a blind critic wouldn't comprehend.

To harp all over 1 turnover within the first 2-3 minutes of the game and then to completely refuse to acknowledge his 38 minutes, 30 points, 16 rebounds, 4 assists and 1 steal while also shooting 12/20 (.600%) with only 3 turnovers and +/- of +12 is downright agenda driven.

Thankfully coach Thibs ignored you and didn't "yank/bench his ass" 🤮

GameThread: Feels like Knicks play Indiana for the 10th time this season, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy