[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The sky is not falling!
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/3/2022  4:28 PM
Most are having a fit due to 17-20 record.

Reality is that as much as most of our guys have been underperforming, we are only 3 back of .500 and 1.5 back of a playoff spot. Only one game worse than last year. Said at the beginning of the year that we would have some obstacles this year:

1) East is better. Bad news going forward is that the Celtics have yet to gel. Sixers are only now getting going. Bucks and Heat are back to form. Raptors are finally healthy. Hawks will play better. Bulls are for real. Nets will get Kyrie back.
Good news is that we may see some teams give up by trade deadline. Teams like the Wiz, Pacers and Celtics may be sellers. Cavs just lost Rubio so may come back to earth and the Hornets are young and may cave with some pressure. Teams in the hunt with us also have to deal with the stronger conference.

2) Our starters will need time. Bad news: Kemba was hurt just when he was getting more comfortable. RJ has not been the same since Covid protocol. EF is not 100%. Randle is forcing things. The good news: The starters have had 37 games or so together. Mitch was back and getting in shape. RJ will have time to get more reps with Randle/Kemba out. EF has shown signs that he can be a three point threat and should play better if healthy. Knicks starters looked good for two games prior to Kemba getting hurt and protocol nightmare. Our players are not playing at their highest level and are 17-20.

Reality is:
1)We have a great second unit that has played well all year.(Despite IQ and Burks staring slow and Grimes a new weapon)
2)We have good young players that have showed promise and if given realistic timelines and expectations, they will contribute for years.(Give Obi a break and let Grimes and Deuce get a year under their belt)
3)We have an experienced tough nose coach that will make needed adjustments.(Even if it means less minutes for your hopefuls)
4)It is more important to end the season at your best than start strong and fizzle out. (Giant fans know this well)
5)Most importantly, our first UNIT has the experience and track record that they have the ability to play at a much higher level. When that happens we will have TWO units to give opposing teams hell for 4 full quarters a game. Do not understand why the fan conflict in who is starting and who is getting a chance to take someone else's minutes. Thibs sees these players in practice and knows their timeline. The best teams are the TEAMS that can put together strong complete rotations. If your a fan of the Knicks that should be all you care about. Strong rotations that get wins. NO MATTER who is playing what part.

Go Knicks! Looking for a strong rest of the season and perhaps for Rose to bring in that missing piece.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/3/2022  5:16 PM
Hope you are right! Being under .500 is not good for my mental health!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/3/2022  5:21 PM
I’ll say what everyone is thinking…

BAN HOFSTRA!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/3/2022  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2022  5:25 PM
Posted a similar thread yesterday. It’s sitting at the bottom of page 1 with zero replies. Suggesting the sky is not falling is too boring for a message board lol. The way I see it, we are about the same as this time last year, but with more talent. Obviously that’s health permitting.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/3/2022  5:27 PM
BAN KNIXKIK!!!!!
MS
Member: #724
1/3/2022  5:29 PM
The sky isn’t falling? We overpaid everyone this offseason and now have no flexibility.

Our best player played like at top 10-15 player last season and now his PER puts him at 85 and we locked him into a huge contract.

Would you rather be Cleveland? Yes. The Bulls. Yes. Charlotte? likely. Three teams that are better than us now that didn’t make the playoffs last season.

Feels a lot like when we used to miss the playoffs and get the 9-12 lottery picks.

Can’t be a fan and feel good about the direction here.

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/3/2022  5:29 PM
I'll add to this... 6) Getting a lottery pick would be better than competing for a play-in loss.
HofstraBBall

1/3/2022  6:51 PM
jaydh wrote:I'll add to this... 6) Getting a lottery pick would be better than competing for a play-in loss.

Nah. Been there done that. As we have seen, 90% of draft picks result in role players. You can wish to watch our asses getting kicked every night for a lotto ticket if you want. I'll continue to watch Rose build this team correctly and compete.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

1/3/2022  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2022  7:01 PM
MS wrote:The sky isn’t falling? We overpaid everyone this offseason and now have no flexibility.

Our best player played like at top 10-15 player last season and now his PER puts him at 85 and we locked him into a huge contract.

Would you rather be Cleveland? Yes. The Bulls. Yes. Charlotte? likely. Three teams that are better than us now that didn’t make the playoffs last season.

Feels a lot like when we used to miss the playoffs and get the 9-12 lottery picks.

Can’t be a fan and feel good about the direction here.

What are the totals for Randle? Did you expect less TO's from him? A higher 3pt percentage? Did you expect no slumps during his 4 year contract?

Which contracts were drastically above market? What do you call flexibility? Most of those signed have two years left after this year at reasonable costs. We should be able to trade them if needed.
That is as long as your proclamation that they are all considered worthless with just 37 games being played. Who were you pushing for us to sign instead?

As mentioned on another thread, only the ones with unrealistic expectations have their panties in a wad.

Knixkik
USA
1/3/2022  7:00 PM
ToddTT wrote:BAN KNIXKIK!!!!!

Having been here 20 years like you, I probably deserve it!!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/3/2022  7:01 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jaydh wrote:I'll add to this... 6) Getting a lottery pick would be better than competing for a play-in loss.

Nah. Been there done that. As we have seen, 90% of draft picks result in role players. You can wish to watch our asses getting kicked every night for a lotto ticket if you want. I'll continue to watch Rose build this team correctly and compete.

Teams like Utah and the Pacers have been able to do both at the same. Competing and drafting in the lottery isn't mutually exclusive. I mean, the Knicks are headed in that direction right now. Well, except the competing part. This team has been eating 💩 for most of the season now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
1/3/2022  7:02 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Yeah at this point win or lose, this team is no longer a dumpster fire. It’s a competent franchise and need to continue to build so people want to play here.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/3/2022  7:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

I'm not sure this team is built correctly. RJ Barrett looks like he has peaked as a below average NBA starter. Fournier sucks ass. Mitch has no offensive game. Kemba is washed. Randle is the only passable NBA starter on the team

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
MS
Member: #724
1/3/2022  7:50 PM
Noel was an overpay no team out there was giving him $10MM. Fournier was not a good signing at the time. It’s easy to say Derozon, but his stats and play making has been elite for 3 years. He was sitting out there.

Lonzo was the guy they needed to target because of his age, defense, ability to shoot the 3 and IQ. He was what we needed. Not a tweezer and an injured pg that needs to be rested. Staying on the time line with upside was important.

If Randle was playing like at top 25 guy this team would be a 6-7 seed. No one thought he was going to be the same player he was last year. But resembling something close would be nice.

Problem with this team is everyone is essentially a tweener without a set position.

HofstraBBall

1/3/2022  7:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2022  8:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Teams like Utah and the Pacers have been able to do both at the same. Competing and drafting in the lottery isn't mutually exclusive. I mean, the Knicks are headed in that direction right now. Well, except the competing part. This team has been eating 💩 for most of the season now.

And what position has that put them in? Pacers are about to blow things up? Do not think their fans are happy with current state. Utah got lucky with Donavan. They won the Lotto. They are a good team. But what has that translated to? If you listen to Utah fans , not enough.

I am happy with our picks this year. (Grimes, Simms, Deuce) All which we were able to do without tanking last year.

HofstraBBall

1/3/2022  8:09 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I'm not sure this team is built correctly. RJ Barrett looks like he has peaked as a below average NBA starter. Fournier sucks ass. Mitch has no offensive game. Kemba is washed. Randle is the only passable NBA starter on the team

RJ rhetoric changes every 15 games. Like I said, expectations are the issue. Not the players. Please tell me which 21 year old player is performing at an All Star level? How many recent draft picks have posted 17,5, 5 in their second year as 20 year olds? Do I think he is going to be the next LBJ? Does not look like it. Is he a solid young piece who has a lot of potential and has showed maturity and solid promise? Hell yes.
Fournier is a streaky 3pt shooter. We have seen games where he gets on runs few can duplicate. Have you followed his career? What did you expect?
I can agree with you that I preferred other FA's but once he was a Knick, I knew what to expect. Still think he will help us in the playoffs.
Mitch has been here for several years. Instant energy, runs the floor and protects the rim. We missed him in the playoffs. Did you expect his off season youtube videos to translate into a deadly outside shooter? Kemba was a stop gap at low cost. Did you expect miraculous healing properties created from playing at the garden?

Don't think it matters though. Some just love to complain and talk about everything they do not have. Others are realistic and see things for what they are. This team is not finished. Clearly. But feel direction we are headed is finally good. The biggest problem, imo, since 2001 has been a short sighted unrealistic sentiment. One which has finally been limited to the fan base and no longer spreads to the front office. It is that short sighted and knee jerk view that has kept this franchise looking like a **** show.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/3/2022  8:13 PM
The sky falls for hindsight fable that Lonzo, derozen were ours for the taking and forgeting they were done in sign and trades.
Bulls gave up picks.
I won’t defend our 35 games. Record speaks.
I won’t preach the sky is blue and sunny. Thats for children.
But I won’t say they its on fire.
No flex? We have picks and tradable players.
The Sky falls for some. Not all.
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/3/2022  10:22 PM
Don't look up!
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/4/2022  1:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2022  1:34 AM
fwk00 wrote:Don't look up!

Just saw that yesterday! What a great movie. Finally Hollywood makes a funny comedy. A bit dark, but still a great movie that makes you think. I drew parallels to our current Covid situation. I particularly liked the Head of NASA who is is not an astronomer but instead has some other random education and experience. Not to mention giving the control over the fate of humanity to corporate business. Must watch , especially for ppl who can think for themselves and don't swallow everything that the TV says.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Gudris
Member: #6213

1/4/2022  3:35 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
fwk00 wrote:Don't look up!

Just saw that yesterday! What a great movie. Finally Hollywood makes a funny comedy. A bit dark, but still a great movie that makes you think. I drew parallels to our current Covid situation. I particularly liked the Head of NASA who is is not an astronomer but instead has some other random education and experience. Not to mention giving the control over the fate of humanity to corporate business. Must watch , especially for ppl who can think for themselves and don't swallow everything that the TV says.

Anti-vaxxers and trump fans won't get this movie, but on the point, Knicks would be better now if KP was not traded
The sky is not falling!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy