[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit (Wednesday, December 29th @ 7:00 PM).
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/29/2021  9:31 PM
RJ better get his ass in the gym.

Randle better get a good night’s sleep. He looks tired, slow, and grumpy way too often.

Kemba better… get taller?

AUTOADVERT
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
12/29/2021  9:32 PM
ToddTT wrote:There’s no reason not to start the bench next game.

aside from the fact that they are not NBA starters?

We have a good bench...and they were pretty good against the Pistons G-League team tonight.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/29/2021  9:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2021  9:35 PM
Besides Burks, the second unit shot 33% from the field but played great Defense and got Burks the ball to win the game.

Yoot stats:
Fistst year : 0 for 9 great defense by Deuce though
Second year : 7 for 18 Obi 3 for 5 good Defense on Bey. Q good energy.

Vets: Burks 12 for 17!!!
The rest took the night off.

RJ 5 for 12 but -29.

Still a good win. Thanks to Burks and the second unit's effort.

Streaks need some of these games. Let's keep it going and hope the first unit puts it together.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/29/2021  9:33 PM

Randle and Barrett -27 and -29 respectively. Whoa. McBride +39. Toppin +36! Play defense and look what happens!
Clean
Member: #743
12/29/2021  9:34 PM

Is this true? Did his defense wreck havoc or something?
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/29/2021  9:34 PM
My blood was boiling in that third quarter. Cannot imagine how angry Thibs was down 14 to that team. But kudos to Thibs for staying with the bench to close the game. I was petrified he was going to bring back Randle. Burks and the bench saved us from what would have been one of the worst losses in Knicks history. That was a G League team out there and they almost won this game! This is a loss against any other team! Shame on the starters for that lack of effort! Especially Randle! He is supposed to be the leader and he mailed it in this game. I think going forward if Randle doesn't feel like playing, he should just tell Thibs to give him a 'load management' game off. He should be embarrassed! And I don't wanna hear about his stats or what he did last season either! Thibs should make Randle WALK to OKC from Detroit!

But again, thank you Burks. He was crazy in the 4th with 22 points. You can count on a couple of games like this from him. Old man Taj also balled out. IQ, Deuce and Obi defended and brought that energy too.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/29/2021  9:38 PM
The 2nd unit Bench Lineup played the entire 4th quarter for a Knicks WIN !!!
Deuce-Deuce Quickley Burks Toppin, and Taj Gibson leadership!
Burks 34 pts showed how happy Burks was to be back on the Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup.
Great Exciting WIN for us Knicks Fans .. Go Knicks Go !!!
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/29/2021  9:41 PM
Awesome win tonight.

What could've been an atrocious and disheartening loss.

Becomes an inspiring win that not only makes it 3 wins in a row (4 out the the previous 5) but also a win to build momentum upon.

From down 14 with 3 minutes in the 3rd. Then our 5 backups Deuce @ PG, IQ @ SG, Burks @ SF, Obi Toppin@ PF and Taj Gibson @ Center come into the game. And before you know it they played the remaining 3 minutes of the 3rd + all 12 minutes of the 4th and it was a Knicks 14 point lead with under 2:00 left in the game (and we won by 9!)

All 5 of those backup unit players deserve so much praise but man oh man was Alec Burks on flame fire tonight. 19 4th Q points. And finished with 34 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 assists off of 12/17 shooting and 5/8 from 3PT land. Like whoa. Hey. He may not be built for starting PG but he's another spark plug off the bench especially at SF on the wings.

And remember last night? When Coach Thibs was getting criticized for not playing Obi Toppin a lot of minutes? And I said coach Thibs has a plan on a back to back and how I had a feeling Obi Toppin would get 30+ minutes? I was wrong. He earned 21 minutes. And loved his energy and electricity.

And I'll admit. I was wrong heading in. We didn't beat this depleted Detroit team by 50+ points. Like I thought we could. But our NBA powerhouse bench unit did beat their bench by 50+ points. Score of 65-7 (+58). Just goes to show how unstoppable our bench can become if opposing teams aren't deep enough in talent and depth off the bench.

I'm pretty fired up for a chance to get back to
500% @ OKC come Friday Night.

LinToFields
Member: #8993

12/29/2021  9:50 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:There’s no reason not to start the bench next game.

aside from the fact that they are not NBA starters?

We have a good bench...and they were pretty good against the Pistons G-League team tonight.

This Knicks team is not winning a championship this year so why not get the rooks and 2nd year players experience? These are special players who play to win on both ends of the floor and will win a championship one day. Let's start the future now.

Kemet

12/29/2021  9:52 PM
Clean wrote:I can't watch the game because my kitchen sink is now leaking but looking at the scores from time to time and its the same story. Every lineup that Randle is in turns bad. Everyone else switches in and out of the lineup but Randle is the only constant. When will people stop looking at stats and notice he is our main problem.

To many Randle fans look at Randle's stats after Randle played above 40 minutes.
Randle dont play the PF position well for the Knicks, and Randle's play-maker decisions don't improve any of his teammates performance.
Randle & Barrett for Ben Simmons, plus we need an offensive head coach on our staff !!!

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/29/2021  10:02 PM
Kemet wrote:
Clean wrote:I can't watch the game because my kitchen sink is now leaking but looking at the scores from time to time and its the same story. Every lineup that Randle is in turns bad. Everyone else switches in and out of the lineup but Randle is the only constant. When will people stop looking at stats and notice he is our main problem.
To many Randle fans look at Randle's stats after Randle played above 40 minutes.
Randle dont play the PF position well for the Knicks, and Randle's play-maker decisions don't improve any of his teammates performance.
Randle & Barrett for Ben Simmons, plus we need an offensive head coach on our staff !!!

Nope. I rather not trade away both Julius Randle and R.J. Barrett for "Ben Simmons". What did Ben Simmons ever do for Philly @ PG while having a future All-Time great big man in Embiid? How many 1st round loses has Ben Simmons led Philly to?

Why would I want to TRADE AWAY both Julius Randle and R.J. Barrett for "Ben Simmons" when we've got both Deuce McBride and Immanuel Quickley to develop @ PG?

Ben Simmons is a punk. A team cancer. Refusing to play for his city and fans of Philly. A me first drama queen. And oh yeah. It seems and feels like his own teammates hate him and coaches can't stand him. He's also becomes a coward and is scared to shoot the ball in the 4th Q. NY media would eat him alive.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/29/2021  10:04 PM
it's not who starts, it's who finishes that matters

Hopefully Thibs continues with that and won't let the starters back in, in the 4th unless the deserve it. message will be received soon enough and frankly this is what the best teams do.

(5)(5)
Kemet

12/29/2021  10:05 PM
Clean wrote:
Is this true? Did his defense wreck havoc or something?

Randle's POOR defense in the 2nd half of games killed me his first season as a Knicks.
Bullocks all-around hustle covered well on help defense for Randle in his 2nd season as a Knicks.
Randle's 3rd season as a Knicks are showing why AD asked for a trade 2 months into the season from the N.O. Pelicans.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/29/2021  10:05 PM
Thibs said in the post game that Randle is nicked up.

If he's playing hurt, he should sit out a few games cause him playing like that tonight doesn't help.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/29/2021  10:08 PM
Holy cow thank God the second unit won the game this would have been a horrific loss
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/29/2021  10:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2021  10:16 PM
At least they won. I got so disgusted I turned the game off. Barrett is awful. We are stuck with him now. No one would consider him a valuable trade target.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Kemet

12/29/2021  10:19 PM
SergioNYK wrote:My blood was boiling in that third quarter. Cannot imagine how angry Thibs was down 14 to that team. But kudos to Thibs for staying with the bench to close the game. I was petrified he was going to bring back Randle. Burks and the bench saved us from what would have been one of the worst losses in Knicks history. That was a G League team out there and they almost won this game! This is a loss against any other team! Shame on the starters for that lack of effort! Especially Randle! He is supposed to be the leader and he mailed it in this game. I think going forward if Randle doesn't feel like playing, he should just tell Thibs to give him a 'load management' game off. He should be embarrassed! And I don't wanna hear about his stats or what he did last season either! Thibs should make Randle WALK to OKC from Detroit!

But again, thank you Burks. He was crazy in the 4th with 22 points. You can count on a couple of games like this from him. Old man Taj also balled out. IQ, Deuce and Obi defended and brought that energy too.

Thibs get NO kudos, I'm giving the Knicks last season success to coach Woody .... Do you have a clue bout the NBA talk if Thibs would've Loss this game against a G.League Pistons team. Or put the BUM starters back on court after giving the G.League Piston team 14 pt lead, that the Knicks 2nd unit Bench lineup erased in 5 min to give the Knicks the lead again.

Clean
Member: #743
12/29/2021  10:26 PM
Jmpasq wrote:At least they won. I got so disgusted I turned the game off. Barrett is awful. We are stuck with him now. No one would consider him a valuable trade target.

I understand a lot of fans are down on RJ. I understand but like I said from the start of the year. Play him with the second unit before you trade him. He does not fit with Randle. Like I had with Grimes and McBride I have a strong feeling that RJ with the bench is a different player. The starters don't play into his strength at all. For example, that between the legs dunk if RJ would have had that ball in the same spot with the starters Randle would have been lazily walking back on offense so we would not have even scored. There is no movement with the starters so RJ has to be a spot up shooter. That has never been his game. We got lucky that he hit a good percentage last year. We now know that is not going to be an every year thing.
WP76
Member: #4508

12/29/2021  10:29 PM
Not to derail the thread but the only thing I'd give up in a trade for Ben Simmons is a sack of basketballs. The guy is a useless head case who's a festering wound on Phily's roster. Let him remain the 76'ers problem.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/29/2021  10:33 PM
WP76 wrote:Not to derail the thread but the only thing I'd give up in a trade for Ben Simmons is a sack of basketballs. The guy is a useless head case who's a festering wound on Phily's roster. Let him remain the 76'ers problem.

Agree

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit (Wednesday, December 29th @ 7:00 PM).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy