[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit (Wednesday, December 29th @ 7:00 PM).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/29/2021  12:50 AM
New York (16-18).

~ And on a two game winning streak.

~ Have won 3 of 4.

~ Looking for back to back to back wins (x3) which would make it 4 wins out of our previous 5 games (4-1).

@

Detroit (5-27) .

• 3 game losing streak (Knicks 105-91, Heat 115-112 and Spurs 144-109).

• Only 1-17 during their previous 18 games.

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality

12/29/2021  9:26 AM
NY get a shot at another depleted team.

The Pistons will remain shorthanded, as Kelly Olynyk (knee), Cory Joseph (COVID-19), Jerami Grant (thumb), Trey Lyles (COVID-19), Josh Jackson (COVID-19), Saben Lee (COVID-19), Isaiah Stewart (COVID-19) and Killian Hayes (COVID-19), are expected to be sidelined.

Cade Cunningham (COVID-19), is listed as questionable for action

And good, because it wasn't long ago where our Knicks were forced to play without the likes of R.J, Obi, IQ, Grimes (and still without both Deuce and Nerlens and also without Derrick Rose due to injury).

Our Knicks are deep, and much deeper in younger talent than 90% of other teams; which is why we're going to survive these covid protocol games (while a lot of other teams, can't and won't).

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/29/2021  10:16 AM
Casey is a good coach and despite their poor record they are in a lot of games. Hopefully our returning fresh legs are more than enough
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/29/2021  10:19 AM
NYKMentality wrote:NY get a shot at another depleted team.

The Pistons will remain shorthanded, as Kelly Olynyk (knee), Cory Joseph (COVID-19), Jerami Grant (thumb), Trey Lyles (COVID-19), Josh Jackson (COVID-19), Saben Lee (COVID-19), Isaiah Stewart (COVID-19) and Killian Hayes (COVID-19), are expected to be sidelined.

Cade Cunningham (COVID-19), is listed as questionable for action

And good, because it wasn't long ago where our Knicks were forced to play without the likes of R.J, Obi, IQ, Grimes (and still without both Deuce and Nerlens and also without Derrick Rose due to injury).

Our Knicks are deep, and much deeper in younger talent than 90% of other teams; which is why we're going to survive these covid protocol games (while a lot of other teams, can't and won't).

think this pregame info needs to be updated, is IIQ really out?

INJURIES: Pistons: Cade Cunningham: out (health protocols), Jerami Grant: out (thumb), Isaiah Stewart: out (health protocols), Saben Lee: out (health protocols), Killian Hayes: out (health protocols), Isaiah Livers: out (reconditioning), Kelly Olynyk: out (knee).

Knicks: Immanuel Quickley: out (conditioning), Jericho Sims: out (health and safety protocols), Wayne Selden Jr.: out (health protocols), Nerlens Noel: out (health and safety protocols), Derrick Rose: out (ankle).

ES
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
12/29/2021  10:40 AM
Back to back on the road are always super difficult no matter the opponent and nothing is a given with this inconsistent team so let's hope we just do enough to get out of there with a win.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/29/2021  11:06 AM
Is this a game we should win? Is it a must win?
NYKMentality

12/29/2021  11:29 AM
franco12 wrote:Is this a game we should win? Is it a must win?

Just like last night @ Minnesota, I believe it's a must win game (in terms of gaining momentum and possibly going on a big time run moving forward).

Detroit is absolutely depleted right now.

They are 1-17 during their previous 18 games.

Yes. Imo. This is a must win (regular season game).

MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
12/29/2021  11:46 AM
NYKMentality wrote:

Just like last night @ Minnesota, I believe it's a must win game (in terms of gaining momentum and possibly going on a big time run moving forward).

If we lose, there's no coming back from it? Still too early, standings too tight to be a "must" win.

We absolutely SHOULD win, but this has all the makings of a trap game...if we come in ****y, we can and probably will lose.

We had been sitting Kemba on back-to-backs before Rose went out. Does he play tonight? Good opportunity to get Deuce minutes at point. Split with Quick. Seems like Grimes has already secured his place in a Rose-less rotation.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/29/2021  12:55 PM
Based on the amount of whining and pants wetting that goes on after a WIN, I think it's a must win in terms of the mental health of a large group of fans.
NYKMentality

12/29/2021  1:24 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

If we lose, there's no coming back from it? Still too early, standings too tight to be a "must" win.

We absolutely SHOULD win, but this has all the makings of a trap game...if we come in ****y, we can and probably will lose.

We had been sitting Kemba on back-to-backs before Rose went out. Does he play tonight? Good opportunity to get Deuce minutes at point. Split with Quick. Seems like Grimes has already secured his place in a Rose-less rotation.

Not saying that. But losing to a team that's 1-17 during previous 19 would put us back to 3 games below .500 instead of only 1 (with some mid season momentum moving forward).

These previous two games + our next 14 is our sweet spot of our schedule. Only two teams above .500%.

These previous two games + our next 14 will give us a chance to separate ourselves and make the 5th seed (and get so much closer to the 4th seed of last year).

Yes. I think this is a must win. Because if not? The tank fans are going to trash every single player and coach Thibs too.

Right now we're only two games out from the NBAs 10th best record. Go on a crazy 14 game run and we'll be close to a top 5 NBA record.

franco12
Member: #599
USA
12/29/2021  1:28 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

What is the desired outcome for this season? Play offs? Then we have to win more of these 'easy' games.

Currently we're 500 against sub 500 teams.

NYKMentality

12/29/2021  1:53 PM
franco12 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

What is the desired outcome for this season? Play offs? Then we have to win more of these 'easy' games.

Yes. Playoffs.

Because last year we were 25-27 @ two games below .500 after 52 games.

#NeverForget.

Because postseason basketball is the only way for the likes of Julius Randle, R.J. Barrett, Mitchell Robinson and everyone else to take their NBA games to the next level.

I really believe the mental struggles of Julius Randle vs. Atlanta was a blessing once we make the postseason this year. Julius Randle will be ready for his playoffs redemption. And he'll have experience and game speed of playoff basketball under his belt. I think he'll play like a madman.

And as long as we have Mitchell Robinson healthy down low? The NBA world will see Mitchell Robinson with a playoff intensity that no one has seen yet. The playoffs is where I want to see Mitchell Robinson.

MaTT4281
USA
12/29/2021  2:29 PM
franco12 wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

We have a nasty habit of playing to the level of our competition. Nothing new there. We watched that as early as game 3 of the season when we let Orlando (who we all knew were going to be bad this year) walk away from MSG with a win.

But this is just hyperbole. I'm genuinely curious - what are the consequences of losing a "must win" game. A couple days of fans whining? Coach ain't losing his job. We aren't putting the roster on fire sale.

We haven't even hit the half way mark - lot of road ahead of us.

If we miss the playoffs by 1 game, you can all look back on tonight and ignore everything else from this point. I'll even join you and start bitching about October 24th. Fucking Terrance Ross.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/29/2021  3:19 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
USA
12/29/2021  3:35 PM
martin wrote:

I withdraw my earlier comments. If Knicks lose tonight, they should be dissolved from the league.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/29/2021  3:55 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

I withdraw my earlier comments. If Knicks lose tonight, they should be dissolved from the league.

That's what Celt fans said prior to playing the Wolves.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
MaTT4281
USA
12/29/2021  4:20 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

That's what Celt fans said prior to playing the Wolves.

How does this game not get postponed? They've got an entire active roster worth of players ruled OUT!

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/29/2021  4:24 PM
you can the tell the folks who have played sports and who hasnt.

Teams like this are always dangerous. Those guys are all going full speed every play desperate to get a break and stay in the league. I would rather face those guys who are out than a bunch of dudes treating every minute like it could be their last in the league.

Some of the worlds best ballers cant stick in the league. None of these games are easy.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKMentality

12/29/2021  5:01 PM
fishmike wrote:you can the tell the folks who have played sports and who hasnt.

Teams like this are always dangerous. Those guys are all going full speed every play desperate to get a break and stay in the league. I would rather face those guys who are out than a bunch of dudes treating every minute like it could be their last in the league.

Some of the worlds best ballers cant stick in the league. None of these games are easy.

Yea but this Detroit Pistons team has gone 1-17 throughout their previous 18 games. Now down to D-League/10 day contract players. And if New York loses this game. This place would go nuts.

Just because you believe and feel that losing vs. this Pistons "team" would be awful doesn't mean you've never played sports before. 100 games vs. this same Detroit team. How many do we win. 80+?

I think the Knicks win by 50+ tonight.

Stay tuned.

I never seen a team so depleted like Detroit.

It's nuts.

This is like an NBA team vs. an all Freshman NCAA basketball team.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/29/2021  5:42 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:

Or even worse- forced to Dennis Smith jr next offseason

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit (Wednesday, December 29th @ 7:00 PM).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy