[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota (Tuesday, December 28th @ 8:00 PM).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/28/2021  11:08 PM
Rookie wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:As soon as Grimes hits the bench and Fournier comes on the court? From up 17 to now only 9. In less than 2-3 minutes too.

Evan Fournier needs to become eliminated from Thibs rotation. For at least 10 games.

Lol Barrett 0 points- Fournier 10 pts.
EF -10

RJ -3

R.J. fell into early foul trouble. It happens.

Evan Fournier = +/- of -9.

But those are just stats.

Evan Fournier is ATROCIOUS on Defense and he flat out stinks.

Fournier has 25% of our offense, but thats just stats

But yet out of 10 players who played, Evan Fournier just so happened to be one of only two Knicks in the - (and the other wasn't 21 year old RJ fresh off a 10 game absence either).

AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/28/2021  11:09 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:As soon as Grimes hits the bench and Fournier comes on the court? From up 17 to now only 9. In less than 2-3 minutes too.

Evan Fournier needs to become eliminated from Thibs rotation. For at least 10 games.

EF -10

RJ -3

You spoke too soon.

R.J = +5.
EF = -3.

Sometimes it's not about how you start, it's about how you finish (3/3 from the the field in the 4th Q with 8 points and 1 assist down the stretch);

Oh yeah...

R.J. Barrett = 21 years old with better D.
Evan Fournier = 29 years old with atrocious D.

Who spoke too soon? Every time I speak I say EF is terrible. Actually I’ll say it again right now. EF is terrible.

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/28/2021  11:11 PM
NYKMentality

12/28/2021  11:11 PM
Philc1 wrote:Obi is balling. Can Thibs please wait a little bit before putting Randle back in

I'm thinking coach Thibs gives Obi 30+ minutes on our back to back tomorrow. IQ too. I have a feeling after watching the game, that Thibs has a plan for Obi.

NYKMentality

12/28/2021  11:21 PM
Clean wrote:I see people are starting to see the faults Thibs has. People like throwing that coach of the year stuff in my face like I should care. If you are making bad decisions I'm going to call you out on it even if you are a two time coach of the year.

Coach Thibs has so many young kids on his current game day roster that it's awesome. I'm just loving the fact how all of our younger kids are seeing the court under him.

• R.J. (21 years old. 2nd youngest on the team still.

• IQ (from 3).

• Obi (Highest Player Efficiency Rating on team).

• Grimes (just got 30 mins).

• Deuce (right before protocol).

• Mitchell Robinson (23. Coach Thibs isn't quitting on him. Like so many NY fans wanted to do after 15-20 games.

• Heck. I even know what Jericho Sims looks like on the court, because of coach Thibs playing him.

3 games in 4 nights?

He has to keep some of his kids fresh and tonight he kept IQ and Obi fresh. Let's see what he does tomorrow night.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/28/2021  11:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2021  11:25 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Rookie wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:

EF -10

RJ -3

R.J. fell into early foul trouble. It happens.

Evan Fournier = +/- of -9.

But those are just stats.

Evan Fournier is ATROCIOUS on Defense and he flat out stinks.

Fournier has 25% of our offense, but thats just stats

But yet out of 10 players who played, Evan Fournier just so happened to be one of only two Knicks in the - (and the other wasn't 21 year old RJ fresh off a 10 game absence either).

Look seriously, they are both playing like scrubs. You want to be happy about RJ please go right ahead. I hope RJ figures it out, but he can’t shoot and can’t finish. I have to admit I’ve been down on him since day 1, but he shows flashes and I’m like maybe he’ll figure it out. Clocks ticking on that rookie contract.

Clean
12/28/2021  11:58 PM
NYKMentality

12/29/2021  12:18 AM
ToddTT wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:

EF -10

RJ -3

You spoke too soon.

R.J = +5.
EF = -3.

Sometimes it's not about how you start, it's about how you finish (3/3 from the the field in the 4th Q with 8 points and 1 assist down the stretch);

Oh yeah...

Who spoke too soon? Every time I speak I say EF is terrible. Actually ll say it again right now. EF is terrible.

I'm just ball busting Evan Fournier.

You know us NY fans.

We always have a player who we complain about. For me it's Evan Fournier.

He's my excuse for not currently being on track for 60 wins 🙃

I'm just happy we won my dude.

We remember early 2000s. Omg. Imagine those Eddy to much Italiano Spaghetti Curry led teams during COVID-19 protocol of today, but back then? With those players and those coaches? Oh man. We would've lost to teams with 10 NBA D-LEAGUE players on it's roster. That's how bad NY basketball used to be.

We're all getting older. I find it hard to complain about wins when I remember after Ewing we used to dream for ugly wins vs bad teams... instead of ugly loses to bad teams.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

12/29/2021  1:41 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:

EF -10

RJ -3

You spoke too soon.

R.J = +5.
EF = -3.

Oh yeah...

Who spoke too soon? Every time I speak I say EF is terrible. Actually ll say it again right now. EF is terrible.

I'm just ball busting Evan Fournier.

You know us NY fans.

We always have a player who we complain about. For me it's Evan Fournier.

He's my excuse for not currently being on track for 60 wins 🙃

I'm just happy we won my dude.

We remember early 2000s. Omg. Imagine those Eddy to much Italiano Spaghetti Curry led teams during COVID-19 protocol of today, but back then? With those players and those coaches? Oh man. We would've lost to teams with 10 NBA D-LEAGUE players on it's roster. That's how bad NY basketball used to be.

We're all getting older. I find it hard to complain about wins when I remember after Ewing we used to dream for ugly wins vs bad teams... instead of ugly loses to bad teams.

If it's like this after a win in here,I'll remember not to visit after a loss.

This was a great win that hopefully builds confidence down the roster. Our big 2 of Kemba and Randlet had off nights but the rest of the team was able to give enough to get the road win. The Knicks have done a great job preparing for the winter Coviid stretch of the season. Depth and that early attention to getting vaccinated are paying off.

As good as a game Robinson had, I still see room for growth- both in terms of the team getting him the ball and him finishing.

When Randle struggles Obi needs to get more play.

Kemet
Member: #6148

12/29/2021  1:45 AM
Clean wrote:

Randle does that a lot during the 4th quarter of games, we watch it and say nothing, until a min later Randle commit a turnover, or miss FT shots. Thibs have to stop giving Randle above 32 min of playing-time. We have a very good backup in Obi Toppin, plus we Knicks fans seen way to much of a tired Hero-Randle going down the stretch for a loss.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
12/29/2021  8:01 AM
Clean wrote:

Thibs/Obi feels like a father/son relationship. He's definitely harder on him than the other youth. We made such a big effort to draft him, try to trade up for him, "We got our guy!"

It's like Thibs has seen the ghost of Christmas future in a Randle 7 turnover game and decided that's not happening, not to my Obi!!!

Won't say Obi isn't better off for the coaching, but it is frustrating not getting to see Obi unleashed.

Clean
12/29/2021  9:41 AM

Here is one of the reasons why I hate ISO's with a passion. Motion offense work so well because player movement means defenses have to communicate. More communication needed to defend a play means more chances of the defense making a mistake. Look at how this simple player movement caused a defensive mistake.

Bro, the bench is playing a whole different offense than the starters. Look at all this passing and movement compared to the starters. This looks like the offense the starters played in the preseason and the first few games of the season. If this was our offense for the whole game I would have no problems win or lose as long as the effort level was there.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/29/2021  10:01 AM
He is right and I kinda enjoy it

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/29/2021  10:35 AM
We have to climb out of this hole we are in so no shame in winning ugly. Kind of expected a letdown game after the Hawks win so I'm just glad we found a way to win. Game ball goes to Rob. That was a dominating performance by him with 14 and 18 (6 offensive). So wished he could play like that more consistently but he's starting to get to where he was before the injury and weight gain. You just see it in how he's running the floor and dunking the ball off his second jump.

Really loving what I'm seeing from Grimes. Damn same this kid doesn't have a hive or a following like Ntilikina does cause he's 100x the player. Just love how he confident he plays and that jumper is so pretty! There is no fear in this kid and he's only going to get better!

Slow start by RJ but loved how he finished! 7 big points in the 4th when the Wolves were making their run. Hoping it jump starts a string of good games offensively from him. Still needs to pay more attention to detail on defense and stop getting beat back door or get stuck behind screens.

Won't bitch too much about Randle cause it is what it is and he did have 15 rebounds but he needs to stop this bi-polar act. He once again reverted back to old Randle after that amazing game on Christmas. It's all mental with this guy and it's annoying! He just doesn't seem to be engaged all the time. Wally nailed it (for once) when he said Randle should only be allowed 2 dribbles. Anything more results in a turnover or a bad shot.

16-18...next two games are winnable so just get it done and let's get back to .500 before this year is done!

Game Day Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota (Tuesday, December 28th @ 8:00 PM).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy