[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Christmas Day Game Thread - 12:00 PM (KNICKS VS. HAWKS on ESPN) HO HO HO MERRRRYYYY CHRISTMAS AND FK TRAE YOUNG!!!
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/25/2021  6:51 PM
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
MS wrote:It was a nice win.

But, lets not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can;t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasnt any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he;s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. Hes his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

More movement out there from the guys and they are tough to beat.

Happy for Mitch. Hes played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

That same Hawks team just beat a healthy Philly team with Embiid. And we were also missing guys so injuries are no excuse. But I will agree we should not get too excited. We should definitely enjoy this win but for all we know we'll get blown out next by the Wolves with no Towns.
Nah. The Hawks didn't have Clinton Capela vs Philadelphia.

But today they did have Clint Capela.

And MITCHELL ROBINSON shut his ass out.

In my opinion, I would not get to happy about Clint being locked down without Trae. Trae sets up everything for Clint. If Mitch can do that with Trae playing that is a different story. Even without the bait fouls Trae is a problem to guard and his passing is his best attribute.
Then ATL fans should've never got excited about beating us in the playoffs last year, either.

Because if the Knicks had a healthy Mitchell Robinson?

; And Atlanta did not have Clint Capela?

; ATL WOULD'VE NEVER ELIMINATED US LAST YEAR.

You seem stuck on last year. I agree it was an amazing year but I been moved on. I was merely speaking on how their team dynamic is. Clint relies on Trae breaking down the D. So if Trae is not there to break down the D he will obviously not be as effective.
You have to agree with what hes saying if we had Mitch we probably would have won that series. CC was huge for them last year and this year. Mitch shuts him down and always has, making CC a non factor would have been a big blow to the hawks.
Well if we want to get into this we have already played the Hawks this year with Trae playing.

Clint had 16pts on 8-14 FGs 22 rebs 3 blks
Trae had 33pts on 10-22 5-10 3pter 7asts

All I was saying is that Clint relies on Trae and Trae not being there is a huge deal since Clint is so limited when he has to create for himself.

Yeah, they kill you on the pick-n-roll. They are unstoppable together and Robinson cough ;sucks defending the pick-n-roll so there;s that. I won;t even mention how Trae kills you with the floater or draws contact when he isnt tossing the lob to Capela. See, arent you glad I didnt mention it. You cant rewrite history. We lost to them in 5 in the playoffs. Robinson has been injury prone. Capela and Trae dont suck. Huerter is another pain in the ass they were missing today.

Hey Im glad we won, but it;s not like we own them. I am mostly happy that we played well. They need to keep this going. 28 assists and only 10 turnovers baby! 40% from 3. Is it sustainable? Smart unselfish basketball should be but the 2021/22 Knicks have been anything but that in the starting unit. Weve seen a game here and there but they have been outliers.

Hey man.

Care to make these same excuses for the Knicks?

We swept ATL 4-0 last year regular season and then in the playoffs we were FORCED to play ATL without our starting Center and Thibs #1 D Defensive ANCHOR in Mitchell Robinson.

And that's the ONLY reason why and how they eliminated us in 5.

What about all the loses we've lost this year while without Mitchell Robinson/Derrick Rose/R.J. Barrett/Immanuel Quickley/Obi Toppin and even Grimes/McBride (covid) and also Nerlens Noel?

No excuses for the KNICKS but yet excuses for the Hawks?

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/25/2021  7:30 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
MS wrote:It was a nice win.

But, let’s not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can’t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasn’t any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he’s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. He’s his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

More movement out there from the guys and they are tough to beat.

Happy for Mitch. He’s played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

That same Hawks team just beat a healthy Philly team with Embiid. And we were also missing guys so injuries are no excuse. But I will agree we should not get too excited. We should definitely enjoy this win but for all we know we'll get blown out next by the Wolves with no Towns.

Knicks simply need to win the games they are supposed to win. If they do we end up with around 41 wins and a play in spot

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  7:33 PM

Phil.

I think the Knicks have a lot more potential than just a play in chance.

We're literally 1.0 games out of the 8th seed and only 2.5 back of the 6th seed.

And we've yet to even peak and hit our stride.

Philc1

12/25/2021  7:35 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Phil.

We're literally 1.0 games out of the 8th seed and only 2.5 back of the 6th seed.

Problem is we are riding Kemba right now and he’s playing really well but his next injury is inevitable

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  7:39 PM
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Phil.

Problem is we are riding Kemba right now and he;s playing really well but his next injury is inevitable

I don't know about that.

He's not as injury prone and fans make him out to seem.

He's made the All-Star team @ PG throughout 4 of the previous 5 seasons.

2016-2017 = All-Star.
2017-208 = All-Star.
2018-2019 = All-Star.
2019-2020 = All-Star.

Philc1

12/25/2021  7:46 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Phil.

Problem is we are riding Kemba right now and he;s playing really well but his next injury is inevitable

I don't know about that.

2016-2017 = All-Star.
2017-208 = All-Star.
2018-2019 = All-Star.
2019-2020 = All-Star.

I hope he can stay healthy. I’m pretty worn out from watching Burks play pg

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  7:52 PM
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Phil.

I don't know about that.

2016-2017 = All-Star.
2017-208 = All-Star.
2018-2019 = All-Star.
2019-2020 = All-Star.

I hope he can stay healthy. Im pretty worn out from watching Burks play pg

Me too. Burks @ PG was disgusting.

Kemba Walker dropping damn near 50 points and then the next game drops a TRIPLE DOUBLE @ MSG today on Christmas Day has been really exciting for our PG position.

Hopefully Kemba continues because if so?

C: Nerlens Noel.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Quentin Grimes.
SG: Immanuel Quickley.
PG: Deuce McBride.

That is one heck of an EXCITING backup unit.

BillTheButcher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6326

12/25/2021  7:59 PM
Team needed a W , love seeing Grimes shine he needs more minutes ............
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
NYKMentality

12/25/2021  8:03 PM
BillTheButcher wrote:Team needed a W , love seeing Grimes shine he needs more minutes ............

Yes.

Give Grimes more minutes and reduce the minutes of Evan Fournier.

Would any Knicks fans have a problem with that?

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  8:09 PM
Clean wrote:

That is a beautiful picture.

Grimes form is almost identical to Houston's shooting form.

He's shooting 20/44 from 3 this year.

That's 45.4% from 3.

For a Rookie that's amazingly impressive.

His name is no longer GRIMES here on UK. His name is now H20 2.0 Jr.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

12/25/2021  10:00 PM
I hope Kemba finally breaks out of his shell. In the interview he said during the start of the season he didnt want to step on toes, Thibs been telling him to be more assertive. Thats the lesson he has learned during the benching and said he will be more assertive moving forward, i hope thats just not all talk. If he plays more assertive and helps with moving the ball around i dont see him going back to the bench.

Whats concerning to me is the fact the Thibs hasn't spoke
To Kemba during the time of his benching. Hopefully what ever message Thibs want to tell kemba is received clearly.

It seems like EF is the new Alfrid Payton, i don't know what Thibs sees in EF to give him so much freedom, slack and minutes. Just like most of us here I want Thibs to give Grimes more of EF's minutes and just let EF learn from the sidelines. Team defense needs to pick up, i dont see EF having a big role on the team's defense unfortunately.

Clean
Member: #743
12/25/2021  10:21 PM

I have some issues with the decisions Thibs make but he is amazing at some things and I still do appreciate that.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/25/2021  10:37 PM
Clean wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:

Grimes is H2.0

Bro, that nickname is genius. It also works because his jumper is wet. Grimes is also from Houston. Hold up, Houston was also his last name. This works every way possible! This nickname is amazing!

Sooooo good

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
12/26/2021  7:32 AM

I love me some Obi. The growth from year 1 to 2 has been amazing.
NYKMentality

12/26/2021  9:27 AM
Enough of these excuses about Atlanta being without Trae Young.

We swept Atlanta during the regular season last year 4-0.

We also beat Trae Young and his Hawks this year by the score of 99-90 on November 27th of this year. And we beat them without both Derrick Rose and Kemba Walker (both missed the game) while Atlanta had all of their players playing.

And now we beat them on Christmas Day yesterday.

And now we're 2-0 vs. Atlanta this year.

And now we're 6-0 vs. Atlanta during the regular season throughout the previous 2 years.

You want to make excuses? Atlanta only beat us during the playoffs last year because A.) Coach Thibs was without his NBA's #1 Defensive Anchor of a STARTING CENTER in Mitchell Robinson and B.) Coach Thibs had to destroy the heart and soul of our bench unit by starting Derrick Rose during the 1st round because Elf Payton stunk so bad; which ruined our chemistry amongst both starting 5 and bench unit(s).

Enough of the Christmas Day ATLANTA excuses.

We're a better team than them, we're more talented than them and we're much more deeper than them too.

Clean
12/26/2021  11:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2021  11:14 AM

And a good portion of those attempts came in garbage time in the last 2 or 3 minutes of the game when he came in cold.
Clean
12/26/2021  12:22 PM
Interesting section of a recap of the game.

"But oddly enough, taking the ball out of Randle’s hands has benefitted Randle the most. Instead of asking him to create and go iso and get a bucket every time, he was able to pick his spots and while he still settles for threes a bit too much sometimes, he got a lot of good looks from beyond the arc today. Not only that, he was decisive and took the open catch and shoot shots, which greatly helped out his percentages."

martin
USA
12/26/2021  12:40 PM
Clean wrote:I love me some Obi. The growth from year 1 to 2 has been amazing.

Despite the quick hooks by Thibs I think the FO and staff love Obi. Needs to add the 3pt and mid range jumpshot to his arsenal but I think he is going to be a fun player to watch develop.

Don't know what his top end can be and we all can kinda sorta see some defensive liabilities. Love him as a player.

martin
USA
12/26/2021  12:41 PM
Also, RJ still can't shoot.
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/26/2021  1:03 PM
Hope we don't get any more of these:

Christmas Day Game Thread - 12:00 PM (KNICKS VS. HAWKS on ESPN) HO HO HO MERRRRYYYY CHRISTMAS AND FK TRAE YOUNG!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy