[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Christmas Day Game Thread - 12:00 PM (KNICKS VS. HAWKS on ESPN) HO HO HO MERRRRYYYY CHRISTMAS AND FK TRAE YOUNG!!!
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

12/25/2021  2:48 PM
Clean wrote:This Kemba revenge tour against Thibs has been amazing. I can live with his defense when he is playing like this.

Heh heh....

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/25/2021  2:49 PM
The Knicks just RUINED JrZyHuStLa Christmas and his "TANK DREAMS OF PING PONG BALLS" 😅🤣😂😂🤣😅
NYKMentality

12/25/2021  2:51 PM
ToddTT wrote:All I could have asked for today is more minutes for Obi. Still, great game.

Obi with the slamma jamma!

That Obi Toppin under the legs slam dunk was an MSG GIFT for our loyal fans!

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/25/2021  2:52 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Kemba Walker's triple double was beautiful.

Mitchell Robinson with 5 blocks was a MONSTER on Defense.

Grimes and Toppin's energy was unreal.

R.J. fighting like a DOG on Defense was so fun to watch.

BUT THE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER ON THE COURT, OF EITHER TEAM, WAS MY DUDE JULIUS RANDLE!

25 POINTS OFF 9/15 SHOOTING.
12 REBOUNDS.
3 ASSISTS.
1 STEAL.

MONSTER CHRISTMAS DAY PERFORMANCE!

RJ and Grimes make all the difference, Grimes defense and three point shooting is hard to take off the floor … Grimes is going to be a big part of our rotation moving forward.

Future bench

McBride
IQ
Grimes
OBI

Spill in a little burks and rose when he’s back and this team is deep

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/25/2021  2:55 PM
Yeah tough day for Tank Trolls. Of course clamoring for a Thibs coached team to tank is simply, uh, trolling. But what is the reality -- we're in that middle pack. When the threes fall we win, when they don't we don't. What is the answer here? Personally I hope to see more from Grimes and McBride going forward. That Thibs can create a balance of getting the most out of vets while kick starting the younguns. Our future is still in the future, but winning is fun.
MS
Member: #724
12/25/2021  3:06 PM
It was a nice win.

But, let’s not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can’t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasn’t any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he’s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. He’s his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

More movement out there from the guys and they are tough to beat.

Happy for Mitch. He’s played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  3:36 PM
MS wrote:It was a nice win.

But, lets not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team cant function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasnt any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Let's not get too excited?

Where were the excuses when Mitchell Robinson was out early on and/or recently being without all of R.J. Barrett, Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, Deuce McBride and also DERRICK ROSE (to the point of calling up D-LEAGUE trash)?

We can make excuses for Atlanta, but not our own Knicks?

I call horse crap man.

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  3:42 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Kemba Walker's triple double was beautiful.

Mitchell Robinson with 5 blocks was a MONSTER on Defense.

Grimes and Toppin's energy was unreal.

R.J. fighting like a DOG on Defense was so fun to watch.

BUT THE MOST DOMINANT PLAYER ON THE COURT, OF EITHER TEAM, WAS MY DUDE JULIUS RANDLE!

25 POINTS OFF 9/15 SHOOTING.
12 REBOUNDS.
3 ASSISTS.
1 STEAL.

MONSTER CHRISTMAS DAY PERFORMANCE!

RJ and Grimes make all the difference, Grimes defense and three point shooting is hard to take off the floor; Grimes is going to be a big part of our rotation moving forward.

Future bench

McBride
IQ
Grimes
OBI

Spill in a little burks and rose when hes back and this team is deep

I agree.

But I'd freaking LOVE for Grimes to start @ SG (and Evan Fournier off the bench).

Our DEFENSE would immediately return to last years form.

C: Mitchell Robinson.
PF: Julius Randle.
SF: R.J. Barrett.
SG: Quentin Grimes.
PG: Kemba Walker.

I think that starting 5 would be super exciting for us fans.

C: Nerlens Noel.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Alec Burks.
SG: Immanuel Quickley.
PG: Deuce McBride.

(DERRICK ROSE IN 6-8 WEEKS @ PG and Evan Fournier only 10-15 minutes per game).

I'd love that bench unit too.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/25/2021  3:53 PM
That was one of the most enjoyable wins in a long time! National TV on Christmas against a hated rival!

It was like we hoped into a time machine and went back to earlier this year. That was Randle from last year out there. Not sure if it was the braids or the new court or what but we saw an All-Star player who was hitting threes, hustling on defense and smiling and playing with joy! So wish he would play like that more often! My favorite part was that play where he ripped the ball away from Bogdanovic and hit a three at the other end to extend the lead I think to 20.

Very happy for Kemba getting that triple double! I think the players going on Covid protocol and Rose being out a two month's might actually be a blessing. It's allowed Kemba to come back in the lineup and he's done such a fantastic job and the entire team just loves playing with him! He didn't shoot the ball today and he played his usual late/bad defense giving up some threes but he got the guys open shots, rebound the ball and ran the team to perfection. Can't get any better then 28 assists and 20 threes (2nd most all-time!).

Great game by Grimes too! Love how he plays! No hesitation in his game either! He's the anti Frank Ntilikina. Hit two big threes in the third when the Hawks were making a run. Thibs has a tough choice to make once IQ comes back. Gotta find minutes for Grimes somehow.
Rob was solid too with 8 rebounds and 5 blocks and neutralized Capela. Kudos to Fournier for a much better overall effort on defense. He was a traffic cone against Washington but redeemed himself today. Hit some big threes to end the half and give us a comfortable lead.

I'm gonna enjoy this one cause performances like today don't happen often with this team!

F*ck Trae Young and Merry Christmas!

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/25/2021  3:57 PM

But, let’s not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can’t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasn’t any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he’s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. He’s his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

Happy for Mitch. He’s played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

That same Hawks team just beat a healthy Philly team with Embiid. And we were also missing guys so injuries are no excuse. But I will agree we should not get too excited. We should definitely enjoy this win but for all we know we'll get blown out next by the Wolves with no Towns.

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  4:03 PM
SergioNYK wrote:

But, lets not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can;t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasnt any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he;s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. Hes his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

Happy for Mitch. Hes played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

That same Hawks team just beat a healthy Philly team with Embiid. And we were also missing guys so injuries are no excuse. But I will agree we should not get too excited. We should definitely enjoy this win but for all we know we'll get blown out next by the Wolves with no Towns.

Nah. The Hawks didn't have Clinton Capela vs Philadelphia.

But today they did have Clint Capela.

And MITCHELL ROBINSON shut his ass out.

Clean
Member: #743
12/25/2021  4:10 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

But, lets not get too excited, no Trae Young and that team can;t function, no Huerter as well. We were missing a couple of guys as well. But there wasnt any pressure put on our guards today. We did what we needed to do.

Julius makes quick decision and he plays well. Great game for today, but still tp many 6 second positions where he;s holding the ball and we are getting bad shots at the end of the clock. Hes his old self when he just shoots instead of pump faking.

Happy for Mitch. Hes played like the guy we remembered now that the weight is off.

In my opinion, I would not get to happy about Clint being locked down without Trae. Trae sets up everything for Clint. If Mitch can do that with Trae playing that is a different story. Even without the bait fouls Trae is a problem to guard and his passing is his best attribute.

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  4:15 PM
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

In my opinion, I would not get to happy about Clint being locked down without Trae. Trae sets up everything for Clint. If Mitch can do that with Trae playing that is a different story. Even without the bait fouls Trae is a problem to guard and his passing is his best attribute.

Then ATL fans should've never got excited about beating us in the playoffs last year, either.

â–  Because if the Knicks had a healthy Mitchell Robinson?

â–  And Atlanta did not have Clint Capela?

â–¡ ATL WOULD'VE NEVER ELIMINATED US LAST YEAR.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/25/2021  4:38 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Best stat of the night

Knicks 28 assist

Amazing how easy it is to rack up assists when we hit open threes

They were wide open because they made the extra pass..

ES
Clean
12/25/2021  5:12 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Then ATL fans should've never got excited about beating us in the playoffs last year, either.

■ Because if the Knicks had a healthy Mitchell Robinson?

■ And Atlanta did not have Clint Capela?

□ ATL WOULD'VE NEVER ELIMINATED US LAST YEAR.

You seem stuck on last year. I agree it was an amazing year but I been moved on. I was merely speaking on how their team dynamic is. Clint relies on Trae breaking down the D. So if Trae is not there to break down the D he will obviously not be as effective.

Clean
12/25/2021  5:34 PM

Very important info here about players noticing Thibs and his inconsistent coaching.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/25/2021  5:56 PM
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

You seem stuck on last year. I agree it was an amazing year but I been moved on. I was merely speaking on how their team dynamic is. Clint relies on Trae breaking down the D. So if Trae is not there to break down the D he will obviously not be as effective.

You have to agree with what he’s saying if we had Mitch we probably would have won that series. CC was huge for them last year and this year. Mitch shuts him down and always has, making CC a non factor would have been a big blow to the hawks.

Clean
12/25/2021  6:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

You have to agree with what he’s saying if we had Mitch we probably would have won that series. CC was huge for them last year and this year. Mitch shuts him down and always has, making CC a non factor would have been a big blow to the hawks.

Well if we want to get into this we have already played the Hawks this year with Trae playing.

Clint had 16pts on 8-14 FGs 22 rebs 3 blks
Trae had 33pts on 10-22 5-10 3pter 7asts

All I was saying is that Clint relies on Trae and Trae not being there is a huge deal since Clint is so limited when he has to create for himself.

NYKMentality

12/25/2021  6:20 PM
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

&; Because if the Knicks had a healthy Mitchell Robinson?

&; And Atlanta did not have Clint Capela?

& ATL WOULD'VE NEVER ELIMINATED US LAST YEAR.

I'm not stuck on last year.

I just try and remind everyone who's screaming "doom and gloom" and/or "last year was a fluke" etc how last year we got off to a slow start; just like this year.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/25/2021  6:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2021  6:34 PM
Clean wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Clean wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Well if we want to get into this we have already played the Hawks this year with Trae playing.

Clint had 16pts on 8-14 FGs 22 rebs 3 blks
Trae had 33pts on 10-22 5-10 3pter 7asts

All I was saying is that Clint relies on Trae and Trae not being there is a huge deal since Clint is so limited when he has to create for himself.

Yeah, they kill you on the pick-n-roll. They are unstoppable together and Robinson…cough…sucks defending the pick-n-roll so there’s that. I won’t even mention how Trae kills you with the floater or draws contact when he isn’t tossing the lob to Capela. See, aren’t you glad I didn’t mention it. You can’t rewrite history. We lost to them in 5 in the playoffs. Robinson has been injury prone. Capela and Trae don’t suck. Huerter is another pain in the ass they were missing today.

Hey I’m glad we won, but it’s not like we own them. I am mostly happy that we played well. They need to keep this going. 28 assists and only 10 turnovers baby! 40% from 3. Is it sustainable? Smart unselfish basketball should be but the 2021/22 Knicks have been anything but that in the starting unit. We’ve seen a game here and there but they have been outliers.

Christmas Day Game Thread - 12:00 PM (KNICKS VS. HAWKS on ESPN) HO HO HO MERRRRYYYY CHRISTMAS AND FK TRAE YOUNG!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy