[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks vs. Wizards @ home in MSG (7:30 PM Game Thread). It's GAME DAY and it's the RETURN of R.J. Barrett and Obi Toppin!
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/23/2021  10:07 PM
Rookie wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:This is too bad. You get exactly what you want from Kemba, Burks and even Randle and get beat at home. The home court problems seriously need to be addressed. There’s no home court advantage with the Knicks.

Too many guys went ice cold from 3. Kemba is not supposed to be carrying our offense

Or playing 43 minutes. I hope Thibs don’t break him

Problem is there wasn’t another pg on the active roster. Sorry guys, Burks doesn’t count

AUTOADVERT
Philc1

12/23/2021  10:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2021  10:09 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Rookie wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Man are defense is awful right now

Which makes it criminal that Grimes isn't playing tonight.

I love Thibs but he's stubborn to a fault.

14-18 hahah.

Dude, why are you even on a Knicks message board.

Because I'm a true fan that knows this is a lost season.

I know now what you'll know in January, February.

Back in the lotto boys, you're going to love it.

You sound like a true bulls fan or what team do you root for now?

I root for no one but the Knicks.

This is simply one of those years I can't root for them bc I know better days are ahead.

Go back to your bulls messageboard or whatever podunk western conference team you started rooting for 5 years ago because of you saw them in the playoffs on ABC one weekend

Says the rookie Knicks fan who joined a year ago haha.

I’ve been a Knicks for over 30 years. You sound like a millennial who spends all day on Twitter and changes teams every 2 weeks based on what you hear on mindless drivel cable sports talk shows

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/23/2021  10:09 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Rookie wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

14-18 hahah.

You sound like a true bulls fan or what team do you root for now?
I root for no one but the Knicks.

This is simply one of those years I can't root for them bc I know better days are ahead.

Go back to your bulls messageboard or whatever podunk western conference team you started rooting for 5 years ago because of you saw them in the playoffs on ABC one weekend
Says the rookie Knicks fan who joined a year ago haha.

I know Phil for many of years now. From Jets message board. He's been around for years and is no "ROOKIE ".

You? You troll and prance around after loses. Troll.

JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
12/23/2021  10:10 PM
The guy on the post game show just called Evan Fournier the traffic cone on dee.
Bring back dee-fense
Philc1

12/23/2021  10:12 PM
JesseDark wrote:The guy on the post game show just called Evan Fournier the traffic cone on dee.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Rookie wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

14-18 hahah.

Maybe you can come back during draft time?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743

This team is unwatchable. This is our "star player". The nets got KD and we got this. Life as a Knick fan is a form of torture.

MS
Member: #724
12/23/2021  10:13 PM
I still have no idea how you sign Fournier when Derozen was out there. He is hard to watch.

Randles stats were good, but he destroys all ball movement and flow. The triple pump fake pass and dribble in to traffic then jump pass get everyone out of rhythm.

Need to make some moves and clean up this roster.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

12/23/2021  10:15 PM
martin wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Rookie wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

14-18 hahah.

POST OF THE YEAR.

He literally prances around here after every loss.

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

12/23/2021  10:20 PM
martin wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Rookie wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

14-18 hahah.

Its draft time now.

Comon Martin. I've been providing quality posts since 07.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/23/2021  10:23 PM
I kind of knew this was a loss as soon as Beal was out. Knew Randle would play lazy and the team would follow. You just knew Dinwiddie was going to have a big game and the Wizards would be up for playing in MSG too. We just do not have any home court advantage this season and I don't think it's going to change.

This would have easily been a blowout loss if it wasn't for Kemba turning back the clock. Kemba has a lot left in the tank offensively but you saw what happens as a team when you have to play him big minutes. It's not all on him because Randle and Fournier are actually worse defensively but when you play those three together and they are not hustling or going the extra mile on defense, you give up 124 points on 56% shooting and 16/37 from three. And the Wizards are not a good scoring or shooting team.

Fournier is such a useless player when he is not making shots cause he does nothing else and hurts you a ton defensively. He got his normal shots but just did not knock 'em down.

Randle ended up with 23/9 but his defensive energy and lack of effort was embarrassing. It's now crazy to realize this was the same guy who shot 40% from three and was an All-Star last season. Even physically he looks different this year to me. Maybe it's the hair. But we are back to 2019 with him and it sucks.

Dotson and Sims gave us some good minutes so kudos to them.

Give the Wizards credit. They play as a team and they play hard and made all the big shots. Reminded me a little bit of us last season.

Christmas is gonna suck even if Atlanta is shorthanded.

HoustonSprewell84
Member: #8931

12/23/2021  10:27 PM
MS wrote:I still have no idea how you sign Fournier when Derozen was out there. He is hard to watch.

Randles stats were good, but he destroys all ball movement and flow. The triple pump fake pass and dribble in to traffic then jump pass get everyone out of rhythm.

Randles stats were not good
23 points on 22 shots, 0-5 from three
Double the amount of turnovers as assists 4-2
And if there was a metric for defense, it would be rated negative.

He’s the main reason we lost imo. Even though Mitch and Sims were awful also.
But none of our front court can hit a three. Which is a big problem on offense.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/23/2021  10:32 PM
We’ve had a lot of games like this when Noel is out, or not playing with the intensity he brought last year.

Should have seen this loss coming a mile away.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/23/2021  10:34 PM
So Kispert is the bum of the night. Saw it coming
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/23/2021  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2021  10:46 PM
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:I love the Kemba comeback story but I care a lot less if we lose the game. Knicks gotta pull this one out.

Kemba is putting on an absolute show!!! But, its difficult to win consistently with this brand of basketball...everything is one on one. No cutting off the ball, no ball movement....

That's up to the coach, right?
But you are right, more ball movement would be nice. Kinda like college basketball. Unfortunately, this is the NBA and iso, PnR, and one on one is the game.

100% on Thibs...Yes, NBA is a heavy pnr, iso league but thats no excuse for us to be bottom 3 in the NBA in assists per game! Wiz have 30 assists we have 16!! Its not just Randle, the whole team has to rely on one on one skills to get theirs. We stand around and take turns going one on one!!!

I have only seen a handful of ball reversals each game. Not enough drive and kick-outs. No real change of direction in our offense. Something you even see in good High school teams. Hope this changes. I think the lack of ball movement is mostly on Randle. Thibs needs to change that. Nothing wrong when Randle has it going and is not being double-teamed. But he has to get better at getting other guys in the flow. There were so many times he forced it down low instead of kicking it out and letting the offense swing the ball to an open shooter. Have always said Randle is a good piece. But can't have him thinking he is the only focus on offense. Kemba seemed as though he was just trying to fit in with him early in the year. Hurt his aggressiveness. Which got him benched. (along with df stats). Randle may be hurting other guys as well. He needs to understand that the next level for him is to be able to make other guys better.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/23/2021  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2021  10:36 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:
MS wrote:I still have no idea how you sign Fournier when Derozen was out there. He is hard to watch.

And his misses were ughleeeeeee!! I’m talking air balls and side of the iron bricks bad

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/23/2021  10:38 PM
Randle is reacting poorly to double teams, but guys like EF are also doing **** jobs of getting free for the kick out.
Clean
Member: #743
12/23/2021  10:42 PM

I'm a fan of Dot but him and house getting time while Grimes gets a DNP is crazy. They are only here for 10 days. Yeah, McBride will be going back to DNPs. We will be force fed Randle and EF minutes.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/23/2021  10:42 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:

On Randles 4 T O he gave up 6 points

But on Defense he gave up 13 points

Nobody on the knicks has that defense intesity that rubs off on teammates.

ES
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/23/2021  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2021  10:47 PM
ToddTT wrote:Randle is reacting poorly to double teams, but guys like EF are also doing **** jobs of getting free for the kick out.

I have always defended Randle. Think he is a solid piece and a player we need. But he has done a bad job finding open guys this year. Just forcing the issue. Especially when he is struggling. Has to get better. Has to play better team ball and see the court.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knicks vs. Wizards @ home in MSG (7:30 PM Game Thread). It's GAME DAY and it's the RETURN of R.J. Barrett and Obi Toppin!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy