[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Depleated Knicks host Detroit, 730
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/21/2021  11:03 PM
Mitch was tremendous. I'm starting to think Randle is not gonna make his 3's this year. But my gosh, the amount of lazy turnovers on the perimeter are maddening. We could have won by 20-30 if they stopped being so lazy with the ball.
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

12/21/2021  11:59 PM
Randle & Kemba still havn't learn how to hit the Big-man down-low
committing several turnovers passing on the perimeter, when Detroit Pistons had no way to stop MitchRob from scoring 25 to 30 pts before the 4th qtr.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/22/2021  8:57 AM
Nerchellaj NoRobSon with 28 points, 21 boards, and six blocks! And he shot .500 from 3! We have the best center in the league!

Now if Thibs could just get him to stop getting the 10 fouls... and if Silver would only let us only play Detroit and Houston for the rest of the way...

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/22/2021  9:04 AM
Mitch’s effort level reminded me of a center that played for us twenty-something years ago.

Now if he can do that every night, like that other guy… that would be nifty.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/22/2021  9:25 AM
Kemet wrote:Randle & Kemba still havn't learn how to hit the Big-man down-low
committing several turnovers passing on the perimeter, when Detroit Pistons had no way to stop MitchRob from scoring 25 to 30 pts before the 4th qtr.

Mitch is a solid 20 minutes off the bench player.

You can't play Randle (a post up player) with a center who camps out in the paint.

Most of Randle's assist goes to a guy on the perimeter

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/22/2021  10:13 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

You can't play Randle (a post up player) with a center who camps out in the paint.

You have all of last year when Noel was playing well with Randle to negate that thought. They were winning games with their strengths. So far it has not worked out the same this year but that does not mean it can not result in wins. Maybe the offense is not as good but other things can contribute to wins.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/22/2021  10:23 AM
All the handwringing about who can play with who comes down to one main thing. Last year Randle made 40 pct of his 3s. This year he can't buy one. It's the difference between him being a 20 ppg guy and a 25 ppg guy and us winning probably 4-5 additional games. He dribbles out on the Perimeter for longer when he is less confident about shooting and turns it over more. I don't know what's in his head, but last year he played loose and confident and now he is aiming shots short.
Clean
Member: #743
12/22/2021  10:49 AM
I am usually against players whose shot attempt number and point total are similar. However, when the alternative is ISO Randle then it's an improvement. Both guys did not shoot well but the starters looked better overall with them handling more of the responsibility in the offense. If Kemba can keep getting Mitch involved then I don't mind him coming back in the rotation. Like I said before once Mitch feels like he is getting fed on offense his whole game raises. When he does not feel like he is getting fed he will pout and make cryptic posts on social media after the game.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/22/2021  11:08 AM
A win is a win! Even against the worst team in the league! And if this season has proven anything is that we are not the type of team that can overlook anyone. We've already lost to Orlando twice and lost 5 games in a row at home before last night.

Lot's of positives. Starting with Rob! That was his best game of the season by far with 17/14/3. He was everywhere on both ends! That one block on Seban Lee on a three was almost like a 10 year old attempting to shoot over his dad! I really wish Rob would play like this most consistently.

I really think Thibs needs to go back and analyze Kemba. Yeah, the defense is poor but he does so many good things - 21/8/5. He'll probably give up some layup's and open threes here and there but he is the best floor general we have and the team seems to enjoy playing with him. It's a tricky situation because you either have to start Kemba again or severely limit IQ's minutes. I think the best solution would be to go to doing what we did at the start. Start Kemba with a short leash if his defense is that poor and have Rose back him up. But I think Kemba has to play. We are not that talented to begin with to not play someone that effective. I think these past 2 games proved he has a lot of game left and brings a lot of strengths we need.

I also kind of like Mr. Harlow's idea of starting Kemba, Fournier, Burks, Randle and Rob. No shame in benching RJ (they likely would never do this though) and have him play that Manu Ginobili role and still get his 30 mpg. Plus I like the idea of IQ, RJ and Obi all off the bench playing together with Rose and Noel.

Gotta give kudos to Fournier. That's 3 straight strong games shooting and scoring the ball - 23/32/22. He's starting to drive a lot more and he's shown he's effective with that little floater in the lane. Let's hope it continues.

Thibs said Randle wasn't feeling his best last night so kudos to him for toughing it out and playing but holy **** the silly careless turnovers need to stop before I throw the remote against the TV!

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/22/2021  11:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

No one “camps in the paint” anymore with defensive 3 seconds rule. Mitch does roam the perimeter fairly often

GameThread: Depleated Knicks host Detroit, 730

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy