[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will the Knicks crash to a new low against the Rockets
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/17/2021  6:40 AM
Knowing our luck, I'm just waiting for the tweet later today saying McBride has entered health and safety protocols!

Great to see him play well, may as well just start him at PG for 20 mins and roll with it

AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/17/2021  7:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:Knowing our luck, I'm just waiting for the tweet later today saying McBride has entered health and safety protocols!

Great to see him play well, may as well just start him at PG for 20 mins and roll with it

That would be fine. It’s then that we’ll learn that Wayne Selden is all-star material.

Clean
Member: #743
12/17/2021  7:21 AM
I don't understand people who say consider the competition. We are a terrible team who is ravaged by Covid. There are no teams we should beat. There are no easy games. We should have learned this by now after getting spanked by the Magic and Raptors twice. If McBride has a few bad games it is to be expected since this is his 1st time getting minutes. He should have gotten the bad games out of the way in the beginning of the season but our coach does not like to give young players a chance. He did not even play them in the preseason because 'all he cares about are wins'. Going hard in the preseason did nothing for us since we still suck.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/17/2021  7:22 AM
Taj with a team high +22 in 16 minutes.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/17/2021  7:51 AM
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Knowing our luck, I'm just waiting for the tweet later today saying McBride has entered health and safety protocols!

That would be fine. It’s then that we’ll learn that Wayne Selden is all-star material.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/17/2021  7:51 AM
ToddTT wrote:Taj with a team high +22 in 16 minutes.

he was a big deal for us last season

ES
Clean
12/17/2021  8:00 AM
I re-watched the 4th quarter and when Randle came back in he played the way I always want him to play. No ISO and just be apart of the offense. Let the guards run the offense and just be a finisher. If he plays that way for the rest of the season I am just fine with him as a player.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/17/2021  8:21 AM
Was a fun game to watch. McBride did not look like a rookie. At some point in the near future I wouldn’t mind him starting or being second unit getting burks back to a role where he was more effective

Was glad to see EF get rolling. He was horrible for a stretch but out of necessity he was playing more minutes and got his act together.

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
12/17/2021  8:29 AM
Clean wrote:I re-watched the 4th quarter and when Randle came back in he played the way I always want him to play. No ISO and just be apart of the offense. Let the guards run the offense and just be a finisher. If he plays that way for the rest of the season I am just fine with him as a player.

Randle seems like he responded well to thibs. Randle was called out by the coach to play more aggressive and watching the beginning of the game Randle looked more engaged. So let’s hope they all use this game as a model of success moving forward.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/17/2021  8:37 AM
blkexec wrote:
Clean wrote:I re-watched the 4th quarter and when Randle came back in he played the way I always want him to play. No ISO and just be apart of the offense. Let the guards run the offense and just be a finisher. If he plays that way for the rest of the season I am just fine with him as a player.

Randle seems like he responded well to thibs. Randle was called out by the coach to play more aggressive and watching the beginning of the game Randle looked more engaged. So let’s hope they all use this game as a model of success moving forward.

Got off to a good start, but struggled in the second half with his shot. Glad Thibs left him on the bench for the majority of the 4th as the unit that was in was playing very well together. Randle has the lowest +/- on the team last night

Uptown

12/17/2021  8:41 AM
Chandler wrote:Was a fun game to watch. McBride did not look like a rookie. At some point in the near future I wouldn’t mind him starting or being second unit getting burks back to a role where he was more effective

Was glad to see EF get rolling. He was horrible for a stretch but out of necessity he was playing more minutes and got his act together.

I said this in another thread, but will repeat it here. I doubt it happens, but Deuce should start at the Point from here on out. None of our pg's have impacted the game on both sides of the ball, set-up teammates to score, was able to score when his number was called and didn't turn the ball over like Duece did last night. Not saying he's a future allstar, but since Rose coming off the bench seems set in stone, Duece is our best option at the point.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/17/2021  8:48 AM
Uptown wrote:
Chandler wrote:Was a fun game to watch. McBride did not look like a rookie. At some point in the near future I wouldn’t mind him starting or being second unit getting burks back to a role where he was more effective

I said this in another thread, but will repeat it here. I doubt it happens, but Deuce should start at the Point from here on out. None of our pg's have impacted the game on both sides of the ball, set-up teammates to score, was able to score when his number was called and didn't turn the ball over like Duece did last night. Not saying he's a future allstar, but since Rose coming off the bench seems set in stone, Duece is our best option at the point.

Rose starting is a waste of time. Agree. McBride should start. If Thibs could somehow figure it out it should be McBride starting with Kemba backing him up off the bench

Clean
12/17/2021  8:49 AM
Uptown wrote:

Personally I like Miles and IQ off the bench. The reason is they look to throw lobs. Look how much better Mitch sometimes look playing with the bench guards. When Mitch gets fed his defense and rebounding also increases. For that Reason, I think Rose should start. No matter what if we want to maximize what we get from Mitch and Obi they need to be with IQ and McBride.

When everyone is healthy I am mulling over a Grimes for RJ swap also. I think Grimes plays better with the bench but he is our best shooter and when teams double Randle he will get open shots. RJ is best in transition and he will get more transition possessions with the fast running bench. If we can somehow get Turner with trading Noel and not Mitch I think he will help unlock the starters and our team can really flourish.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/17/2021  9:06 AM
So what does this mean for game threads? Chicken Little titles and no more Rebecca baby bump pics?

And we got 24 points, 16 rebounds and 5 blocks out of our three-headed, mostly no hands 5 spot! Center by committee!

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/17/2021  9:28 AM
Good to stop the bleeding and end the losing streak. Can't say enough good things about how IQ, McBride and Robinson played. IQ and McBride just bring that youthful energy. Especially on defense! We started really lethargic on D to start but that seemed to change as soon as IQ and McBride came in. I really hope Thibs finds as many minutes as he can for these two. Maybe I'm being a homer but they give me Starks and Childs/Ward vibes. Throw Grimes into that mix too.

Also proud of Robinson. Theis was kicking his ass at the start but Robinson asjusted and finished this game strong. He was a monster in the 4th quarter!

Randle continues to shoot poorly but that three ball is starting to fall. I also liked how he was more aggressive and decisive. I think he only jumped in the air and passed once last night.

Fournier finally contributed and shot the ball well but holy crap he is so bad defensively! I did not watch many Orlando games but did watch that Boston/Brooklyn series and France in the Olympics and he wasn't this bad! It's like he's stuck in mud and his reflexes are so damn slow! He also needs to toughen up. Tate was bullying him and talking trash and Fournier just stood there.

I read yesterday Eric Gordon is on the market and we are interested. Even though Fournier is 3 years younger, I'd trade him for Gordon. Add Knox to the deal too before his value goes back down. Maybe make it bigger and try to get Woods (doubt it) or Theis.

Uptown

12/17/2021  9:29 AM
Clean wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Personally I like Miles and IQ off the bench. The reason is they look to throw lobs. Look how much better Mitch sometimes look playing with the bench guards. When Mitch gets fed his defense and rebounding also increases. For that Reason, I think Rose should start. No matter what if we want to maximize what we get from Mitch and Obi they need to be with IQ and McBride.

When everyone is healthy I am mulling over a Grimes for RJ swap also. I think Grimes plays better with the bench but he is our best shooter and when teams double Randle he will get open shots. RJ is best in transition and he will get more transition possessions with the fast running bench. If we can somehow get Turner with trading Noel and not Mitch I think he will help unlock the starters and our team can really flourish.

Thibs and Rose seem dead-set against Rose being in the first unit...Duece will improve our starting units defense. In order to be a good defensive team, we need a good defender at the point of attack. Duece at the top and Noel or Mitch at the rim will help a ton...

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/17/2021  9:39 AM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Thibs and Rose seem dead-set against Rose being in the first unit...Duece will improve our starting units defense. In order to be a good defensive team, we need a good defender at the point of attack. Duece at the top and Noel or Mitch at the rim will help a ton...

there is a certain logic to the RJ for Grimes swap but i can't see that happening. Team needs RJ to grow into an allstar caliber player and the second unit would undermine that. IMO more likely to have Grimes for EF swap because EF is not providing the defense we need

i also think when everyone gets healthy we almost have too much depth which is a nice problem to have and might be solved with some form of trade -- quantity for quality.

(5)(5)
martin
USA
12/17/2021  9:47 AM

And this is why, for me, I don't put too much fault in Thibs when talking about offense rather than the players who are playing poorly.

martin
USA
12/17/2021  9:51 AM
Uptown

12/17/2021  10:10 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Good to stop the bleeding and end the losing streak. Can't say enough good things about how IQ, McBride and Robinson played. IQ and McBride just bring that youthful energy. Especially on defense! We started really lethargic on D to start but that seemed to change as soon as IQ and McBride came in. I really hope Thibs finds as many minutes as he can for these two. Maybe I'm being a homer but they give me Starks and Childs/Ward vibes. Throw Grimes into that mix too.

Also proud of Robinson. Theis was kicking his ass at the start but Robinson asjusted and finished this game strong. He was a monster in the 4th quarter!

Randle continues to shoot poorly but that three ball is starting to fall. I also liked how he was more aggressive and decisive. I think he only jumped in the air and passed once last night.

Fournier finally contributed and shot the ball well but holy crap he is so bad defensively! I did not watch many Orlando games but did watch that Boston/Brooklyn series and France in the Olympics and he wasn't this bad! It's like he's stuck in mud and his reflexes are so damn slow! He also needs to toughen up. Tate was bullying him and talking trash and Fournier just stood there.

I read yesterday Eric Gordon is on the market and we are interested. Even though Fournier is 3 years younger, I'd trade him for Gordon. Add Knox to the deal too before his value goes back down. Maybe make it bigger and try to get Woods (doubt it) or Theis.

No thanks. Tired of trading for and signing vets and or journeymen that barely move the needle, and get minutes over young players who need the time to improve and be properly evaluated while they are still on a rookie contract. I'd rather move a player to free-up time get some of our young players into the regular rotation.

Will the Knicks crash to a new low against the Rockets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy