[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA All Time 3pt Leader Steph Curry comes to the garden
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/14/2021  10:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2021  10:56 PM
The constant ball and body movement of the Warriors is a stark contrast to our stagnant, one on one and pick and post offense.
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/14/2021  10:55 PM

From Rose's mouth on Mcbride "Hopefully Thibs gives him the time." Even players are calling for it now but me calling out Thibs for not doing it is seen as negative or asking for him to get time while other players are in a bad slump is seen as giving up on them.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/14/2021  11:02 PM
Fournier - 29 minutes. 0/4 from 3pt (some massively open, in rhythm) 2pts, -13

Kevin Knox- 20 minutes, 9 pts and a net of 0.

Can we give Kemba another shot?

Uptown

12/14/2021  11:14 PM
Clean wrote:
From Rose's mouth on Mcbride "Hopefully Thibs gives him the time." Even players are calling for it now but me calling out Thibs for not doing it is seen as negative or asking for him to get time while other players are in a bad slump is seen as giving up on them.

Salute to Rose for looking out for the Rooks...

Clean
12/15/2021  3:17 AM

Like I said before I won't judge anyone in the starting lineup until I see them play without Randle. EF has been able to score his whole career but now. The same goes for Kemba. They are not Reggie Bullock. They need to be in a rhythm. They can't get into one being relegated to spot up shooters at the end of the shot clock. I don't care that Randle got his numbers when it hurts other players on the team.

Clean
12/15/2021  3:38 AM
I don't think Mitch will be here after this season.
shinmen
Member: #6029
France
12/15/2021  4:28 AM
Clean wrote:

Like I said before I won't judge anyone in the starting lineup until I see them play without Randle. EF has been able to score his whole career but now. The same goes for Kemba. They are not Reggie Bullock. They need to be in a rhythm. They can't get into one being relegated to spot up shooters at the end of the shot clock. I don't care that Randle got his numbers when it hurts other players on the team.

I agree 💯. The iso is killing the starting 5. Randle should not be the focal point of our offense.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2021  6:59 AM
Clean wrote:

PLayers have more cred than fans. They see the practice and what he does. You called for it based on frustration. Your not at practice. McBride earned it and got his chance on merit. Not on the back of others not performing. Its not about fans. Its about the games.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2021  7:51 AM
franco12 wrote:Fournier - 29 minutes. 0/4 from 3pt (some massively open, in rhythm) 2pts, -13

It's a give and take and you also have to consider the roster.

I'll put it to you: you would like to see Kemba more. Whose minutes are you taking away: Rose, Burks, IQ, McBride?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
12/15/2021  7:52 AM
Nalod wrote:
Clean wrote:

PLayers have more cred than fans. They see the practice and what he does. You called for it based on frustration. Your not at practice. McBride earned it and got his chance on merit. Not on the back of others not performing. Its not about fans. Its about the games.

The bold is not true at all. I called it because it was common sense. When we were thought to have a deep bench but some of the rotation players are on an extended slump why not use our strength the deep bench. What good is a strength when we never use it. Also McBride did not earn this opportunity on merit. He would have not gotten this chance now if it were not for Covid. Until Thibs kicked Kemba out of the rotation he was the last guard on the depth chart and at most given garbage time.

Thibs has to be forced to try anything new when it involves young players. It was obvious that we needed defense and shooting this whole year. It is not rocket science to give the 2 players who do both a chance. Instead we went through an extended Quick slump, no defense Kemba and no defense and can't score EF. They still would not have gotten a chance in these games if the team was not decimated by Covid.

Remember those games vs the magic when all we needed was some energy and we went the whole game playing the same uninspired basketball? McBride would have given us everything he had on the court because that is who he is. He will make mistakes because he is a rookie who up until now had gotten no real time in the NBA but one thing I am for sure is that he will never cheat us with effort. You don't need to be in practice to know that he is all hustle and effort.

If the vets were playing good I would not even bring up the rooks. Its the fact that no matter how bad the vets play they were not given a chance and that did not make sense.

Uptown

12/15/2021  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/15/2021  8:14 AM
Clean wrote:

Evan has been awful!! So far, one of our worse free agent signings in some time. With that said, Thibs needs to be innovative in his offensive sets. We stand around and watch Randle go to work on the majority of our offensive possessions. If you are a spot-up shooter, you can be effective (See Grimes). We do need more off-ball actions, off ball screens, and basket cuts. Been calling for this since last year... It would be nice to run some pin-down or flare screens to free-up our shooters. Although, Evan will probably just put ball on the deck anyway and dribble into traffic....

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/15/2021  8:30 AM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

Evan has been awful!! So far, one of our worse free agent signings in some time. With that said, Thibs needs to be innovative in his offensive sets. We stand around and watch Randle go to work on the majority of our offensive possessions. If you are a spot-up shooter, you can be effective (See Grimes). We do need more off-ball actions, off ball screens, and basket cuts. Been calling for this since last year... It would be nice to run some pin-down or flare screens to free-up our shooters. Although, Evan will probably just put ball on the deck anyway and dribble into traffic....

Evan is actually good at plays like the curls you are describing. He said s just not very go0d 1v1
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/15/2021  8:35 AM
Clean wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Clean wrote:

The bold is not true at all. I called it because it was common sense. When we were thought to have a deep bench but some of the rotation players are on an extended slump why not use our strength the deep bench. What good is a strength when we never use it. Also McBride did not earn this opportunity on merit. He would have not gotten this chance now if it were not for Covid. Until Thibs kicked Kemba out of the rotation he was the last guard on the depth chart and at most given garbage time.

Thibs has to be forced to try anything new when it involves young players. It was obvious that we needed defense and shooting this whole year. It is not rocket science to give the 2 players who do both a chance. Instead we went through an extended Quick slump, no defense Kemba and no defense and can't score EF. They still would not have gotten a chance in these games if the team was not decimated by Covid.

Remember those games vs the magic when all we needed was some energy and we went the whole game playing the same uninspired basketball? McBride would have given us everything he had on the court because that is who he is. He will make mistakes because he is a rookie who up until now had gotten no real time in the NBA but one thing I am for sure is that he will never cheat us with effort. You don't need to be in practice to know that he is all hustle and effort.

If the vets were playing good I would not even bring up the rooks. Its the fact that no matter how bad the vets play they were not given a chance and that did not make sense.

Merit based on his play in the GLeague. Merit because he is on the roster in the NBA. Covid, flu, injuries, rooks get opportunities. He is making something of it.
I don’t agree that a coach has to try new things. A coach likly has to try to get his team to execute what it knows better.
Mcbride was forcing up shots but hitting them. Thats all good and this is how development gets further. Real playing time. Grimes is there also. Covid and injuries happen. Many times player shoot their way back to their career norms. Most of the time. Losing sucks and we tilt toward “Why is the coacchig doing that” when things are not turning around.
Thibs until otherwise might have seen all he needs from Kemba and he played mcBride over him. He is putting development over Kemba’s pride. Thats a pretty good thing isn’t it? Duece came in and did his thing. He took a few bad shots but was not yanked right away. Burks might be playing his way out of the role. Thibs says “next guy up” all the time. Its could be a 10 game at a time thing. Why wait? More often than not guys play to thier career norms. Maybe he sees it as a reasonable time to give a player. EF if hurt and with Grimes out was an issue. we lost so the proof is there it did not work. we have RJ and grimes out. Two guys that can play the 2.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/15/2021  9:56 AM
I like Curry but Knicks fans openly cheering for the guy in the Garden last night? Puh-lease
Philc1

12/15/2021  9:57 AM
franco12 wrote:Fournier - 29 minutes. 0/4 from 3pt (some massively open, in rhythm) 2pts, -13

No. There’s no way Kemba makes the Knicks better despite all statistical and objective evidence clearly stating the exact opposite

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/15/2021  10:40 AM
Philc1 wrote:I like Curry but Knicks fans openly cheering for the guy in the Garden last night? Puh-lease

I remember them going nuts when Jordan would air dunk on us. God I f@%king hate that s#!t.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/15/2021  12:14 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Philc1 wrote:I like Curry but Knicks fans openly cheering for the guy in the Garden last night? Puh-lease

I remember them going nuts when Jordan would air dunk on us. God I f@%king hate that s#!t.

Don’t forget chanting M-V-P for Kobe.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/15/2021  4:40 PM

It's because Knick fans appreciate greatness.

Steph is by far the best shooter in the history o the game, and he literally made a 40 foot jump shot into a normal shot.

In fact if it wasn't for him, you think IQ could get away from taking some of his crazy shots

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/15/2021  5:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

It's because Knick fans appreciate greatness.

Steph is by far the best shooter in the history o the game, and he literally made a 40 foot jump shot into a normal shot.

In fact if it wasn't for him, you think IQ could get away from taking some of his crazy shots

now u’re gonna have a half a dozen guys accusing u of comparing iq to steph

Philc1

12/15/2021  8:19 PM
KnickDanger wrote:

No one in the nosebleed seats in the garden is doing that. Just the millionaire stockbrokers and celebrity clowns with the $3500 tix by midcourt

NBA All Time 3pt Leader Steph Curry comes to the garden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy