[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I tell you a guy who has gotten no respect in the NCAA who I wouldnt mind at all being on the Knicks
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/12/2004  12:08 AM
is Hakim Warwick. he so long. I dont care if people think hes a tweener, hes one heckuva basketball player who plays two feet above the rim with tremendous skills. hey let him be a senior who drops and i wouldnt be unhappy at all to bring him on board. hes 6-8 but he plays like 7-0. i know hes a guy who will score at a 50% clip rebound and defend at the NBA level.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2004  7:48 AM
I like him too, although I don't watch college ball very often. I thought you wanted to draft a center, though
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/12/2004  9:09 AM
he's VERY aggressive and really is the type of player that for some odd reason would drop in the first round. man, we could definitely use him AND he may be in our drafting range (late teens).
BRIGGS
11/12/2004  9:16 AM
id like to get two frontcourt players out of the draft. Size is a premium but i sure wouldnt take a guy who was 7-0, but far less skilled than a player like hakim. honestly if you look at this years draft he wouldnt be a high lottery pick? maybe he wouldnt have, but in the end result, he wouldve been judged much higher than most of the draft.
RIP Crushalot😞
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/12/2004  2:52 PM
hakim is just like ariza - might even be better... but why take him? if we do, TT is gone like the wind
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/12/2004  2:59 PM
I love Hakim Warrick, but dude will not be around when the knicks pick. The guy is one of the preseason all-americans and will go top 5 in draft.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
11/12/2004  3:05 PM
I want Hakim to develop a jump shot!!
http://allknicks.com
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/12/2004  3:10 PM
This guy has gotten a lot of respect this year. Most consider him a sincere finalist for the player of the year award.
I just hope that people will like me
BRIGGS
11/12/2004  3:27 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

I view him as a 4. I know he is only 6-8 210-215, but take a look at what Haslem is doing for Miami. Hakim has much more skill and plays much higher above the rim. He seems to fit the mold here, and has the exceptional body control around the hoop with great footwork. My goal is to get two guys in the post out of this draft who can play right away and find a solid S+T candidate after the season or MLE to restructure the frontline. I have no idea who what when will be available, but if we happen to be picking in th 15-18 area and he falls, I would not happy to swipe him. I think the knicks can see the value in the draft picks with Sweetney and Ariza--they are cheap for 4 years--they are handpicked--and when you equal up enough of them--you could either be lucky to keep them all if warranted or package for a top tier player like Miami did. I dont see Vinny B here next year, and if we are bad, I can easily see KT or Nazr being moved at the trade deadline, or possibly after the season. I know there have been some people high on KT, but if you look at NBA % age 32 is late prime for many players. We dont want to get into a position where he dives and we owe him 2 more years.
RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/12/2004  11:00 PM
I would have taken Hakim two years ago.......The only position the Knicks should be looking at is center. assuming Ariza works out at the three, the Knicks seem set at every other position
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/12/2004  11:02 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

I would have taken Hakim two years ago.......The only position the Knicks should be looking at is center. assuming Ariza works out at the three, the Knicks seem set at every other position

Swish what up, missedyou in Fantasy b-ball. Eny is looking for you.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/13/2004  10:11 PM
i said several months ago that Warrick would be the type of player Isiah might be drawn to...i'd love for him to end up a Knick next year & trade TT
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2004  6:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

I view him as a 4. I know he is only 6-8 210-215, but take a look at what Haslem is doing for Miami. Hakim has much more skill and plays much higher above the rim. He seems to fit the mold here, and has the exceptional body control around the hoop with great footwork. My goal is to get two guys in the post out of this draft who can play right away and find a solid S+T candidate after the season or MLE to restructure the frontline. I have no idea who what when will be available, but if we happen to be picking in th 15-18 area and he falls, I would not happy to swipe him. I think the knicks can see the value in the draft picks with Sweetney and Ariza--they are cheap for 4 years--they are handpicked--and when you equal up enough of them--you could either be lucky to keep them all if warranted or package for a top tier player like Miami did. I dont see Vinny B here next year, and if we are bad, I can easily see KT or Nazr being moved at the trade deadline, or possibly after the season. I know there have been some people high on KT, but if you look at NBA % age 32 is late prime for many players. We dont want to get into a position where he dives and we owe him 2 more years.

I haven't seen a lot of Haslem play, but I sure have seen a lot of Hakim, and there is NO WAY this guy can play the 4 in the NBA. He would have to mainline protein shakes. The guy is SKINNY. And I see him in the same vein as Camby, who won't gain weight for a long time.

Hakim's outside shot is suspect. He has no post game and I can't speak of his handle, which probably means he is only so-so. The guy does have lots of potential at the 3, and I see Ariza as a better all-around player with potential.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jaydh
Member: #96
11/15/2004  7:01 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

hakim is just like ariza - might even be better... but why take him? if we do, TT is gone like the wind

and you see this as a bad thing?
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
11/15/2004  7:08 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by teslawlo:

I view him as a 3 with major questioning about him being able to play the 4. This guy looks good because college bball does not have as much height as the NBA, do you think trevor ariza guarding elton brand in the low post? This is sort of like what Hakim would be facing as a 4... He's a run and jump guy who I see being used as a good defender and rebounder off the bench for his size who can finish the break. If he develops a jump shot call me.
http://allknicks.com
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
11/15/2004  7:14 PM
i hate to say it because i like him so much, but if he does'nt develop some type of moves going to the basket, and a deicent jumper to play the three, he's destand to be an above avg college player. that's it. that or some weight. at least 20 or so pnds would put him at an undersized pf. but w/his quickness that should'nt slow him down much. particularly because he get's off the floor so quickly.
I tell you a guy who has gotten no respect in the NCAA who I wouldnt mind at all being on the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy