Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

12/17/2021  9:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not like anyone is over doing the mcbride thing. Trade rose? Really?
Once the league gets some scouting on him we all know it gets harder. The kid needs to ease in.

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check
Start due to illness-Check

Y’all got him pegged for linsanity. Get real, he a 21 year old rookie who was not a blue chipper. He had one good year in college.
I know, make up conspiracy stuff that thibs held him back. Nope. He is growing into it. Enjoy it wihout ruining it FOR YOURSELVES WITH UNREAL EXPECTATIONS.

I'd be content if Deuce ends up bring Ward/Childs.

You mean Chris Childs that averaged 5 and 5 for us? Duece is more skilled...

There are some similarities. Chris used the dribble to leverage his midrange J and long twos. He also didn't take it too the rim that well and was a physical defender when engaged. But overall, Chris was kinda trash. I hope Deuce has a far more productive career.

Chris Child were the PG u wanted when u have a high scoring SG or SF, plus an above the rim scoring big man.
Chris made the poor Nets a playoff team until their top scorer was killed during the season.
The Knicks were a 11 seeded team halfway thru the midseason when the Knicks GM punched JVG in the face outside MSG for playing Sprewell & Camby wrong throughout the season to make owner Dolan and his NBA advisor attend every Knicks game home n away. Chris, Houston, Sprewell, and Camby went on a long winning-streak to make the Knicks a 8th seeded team, and the 8th seeded Knicks went to the FINALS having Chris Childs as the starter PG. When the Knicks new BUM GM Dolan found in Utah traded Chris Childs to Toronto, and Ewing to Seattle both players performance played like they were ready to retire each game.

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/17/2021  9:37 PM
I'm not big into "player comparisons" but from I've seen, I see a little bit of CP3 within this kids game.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/17/2021  9:42 PM
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not like anyone is over doing the mcbride thing. Trade rose? Really?
Once the league gets some scouting on him we all know it gets harder. The kid needs to ease in.

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Y’all got him pegged for linsanity. Get real, he a 21 year old rookie who was not a blue chipper. He had one good year in college.
I know, make up conspiracy stuff that thibs held him back. Nope. He is growing into it. Enjoy it wihout ruining it FOR YOURSELVES WITH UNREAL EXPECTATIONS.

There are some similarities. Chris used the dribble to leverage his midrange J and long twos. He also didn't take it too the rim that well and was a physical defender when engaged. But overall, Chris was kinda trash. I hope Deuce has a far more productive career.

Chris Child were the PG u wanted when u have a high scoring SG or SF, plus an above the rim scoring big man.
Chris made the poor Nets a playoff team until their top scorer was killed during the season.
The Knicks were a 11 seeded team halfway thru the midseason when the Knicks GM punched JVG in the face outside MSG for playing Sprewell & Camby wrong throughout the season to make owner Dolan and his NBA advisor attend every Knicks game home n away. Chris, Houston, Sprewell, and Camby went on a long winning-streak to make the Knicks a 8th seeded team, and the 8th seeded Knicks went to the FINALS having Chris Childs as the starter PG. When the Knicks new BUM GM Dolan found in Utah traded Chris Childs to Toronto, and Ewing to Seattle both players performance played like they were ready to retire each game.

I'd say Chris had one decent year with the Nets, but he was underwhelming for most of his Knicks tenure. I also think Charlie was the starter on that finals team. He was an OK backup, but he wasn't starting caliber. I'd still take him over Elfrid Payton.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/17/2021  9:59 PM
Panos wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He should be an excellent backup PG for this team for a long time.
If Deuce is the long term backup, you must have a long term starter in mind. Please share. I'm curious who the long term starter will be.

If Deuce is the long term backup, and we don't have a long term starter, doesn't that make Deuce the long term starter? Maybe I'm missing something.

I didnt view him as having elite starter upside. I figured knicks had bigger plans there. But I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. I wrote that after the golden state game.

At this point I'll settle for a competent and solid 2-way starter PG. Even if he's average on both sides of the ball (which i actually think he's at least above average on D) all in, he's an above average at the position. Most players in the league are NOT 2 way competent as Deuce is
If Deuce can maintain, then I'd focus on acquiring an elite wing.

The Knicks FO and 6 man rotation head coach was gomnna hide Grimes & Deuce-Deuce dynamic performance on the bench like they did to Obi Toppin rookie season. Last season their were no reason for Randle to play 40 to 45 min every game.
Deuce-Deuce Defense and hops were NBA dynamic in the Knicks past 2 games. He surprised me with his scoring, and first step speed to complete a layup.
The Knicks poor defensive starters need Deuce-Deuce speed & defense in the starter lineup to get our slow starter lineup to start running offensive transition plays to score.

NYKMentality

12/17/2021  10:58 PM
Kemet wrote:
Panos wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He should be an excellent backup PG for this team for a long time.
If Deuce is the long term backup, you must have a long term starter in mind. Please share. I'm curious who the long term starter will be.

If Deuce is the long term backup, and we don't have a long term starter, doesn't that make Deuce the long term starter? Maybe I'm missing something.

I didnt view him as having elite starter upside. I figured knicks had bigger plans there. But I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. I wrote that after the golden state game.
At this point I'll settle for a competent and solid 2-way starter PG. Even if he's average on both sides of the ball (which i actually think he's at least above average on D) all in, he's an above average at the position. Most players in the league are NOT 2 way competent as Deuce is

The Knicks FO and 6 man rotation head coach was gomnna hide Grimes &; Deuce-Deuce dynamic performance on the bench like they did to Obi Toppin rookie season.

I don't agree about Thibs nor our Front Office "not wanting to play our young kids".

Obi, Quickley, Grimes and McBride were all drafted the previous two years. And for a reason. And that was to first learn, and then play. Hello.

What, Obi Toppin learning from the outside looking in behind an All-Star Center is an example of Knicks FO "not playing" our youth?

I call horse crap.

■ No mention of Thibs playing a young 23 year old Mitchell Robinson as his starting Defensive anchor at Center?

■ No mention of Thibs playing an even younger 20-21 year old R.J. Barrett as a starter at both 2G and now SF?

■ No mention of Thibs playing a young Immanuel Quickley as a Rookie and so much so and to the point of Quickley himself earning both All-Rookie and Team USA Select honors?

• And now it's Deuce McBride and Quentin Grimes time to play; they've earned it not even 30 games in.

Obi Toppin has been playing too. It's up to him as a 2nd year player to learn to hit 3s or stop taking them and both REBOUND and play DEFENSE before he "deserves" starting minutes as a 2nd year kid.

I 100% disagree with the false claims that Thibs and his Front Office only want to play "veterans".

That's actually NEVER been the case with Thibs dating back to Chicago he's always allowed young talents to play.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/19/2021  11:02 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Kemet wrote:
Panos wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:

The Knicks FO and 6 man rotation head coach was gomnna hide Grimes &; Deuce-Deuce dynamic performance on the bench like they did to Obi Toppin rookie season.

I don't agree about Thibs nor our Front Office "not wanting to play our young kids".

Obi, Quickley, Grimes and McBride were all drafted the previous two years. And for a reason. And that was to first learn, and then play. Hello.

What, Obi Toppin learning from the outside looking in behind an All-Star Center is an example of Knicks FO "not playing" our youth?

I call horse crap.

■ No mention of Thibs playing a young 23 year old Mitchell Robinson as his starting Defensive anchor at Center?

■ No mention of Thibs playing an even younger 20-21 year old R.J. Barrett as a starter at both 2G and now SF?

■ No mention of Thibs playing a young Immanuel Quickley as a Rookie and so much so and to the point of Quickley himself earning both All-Rookie and Team USA Select honors?

• And now it's Deuce McBride and Quentin Grimes time to play; they've earned it not even 30 games in.

Obi Toppin has been playing too. It's up to him as a 2nd year player to learn to hit 3s or stop taking them and both REBOUND and play DEFENSE before he "deserves" starting minutes as a 2nd year kid.

I 100% disagree with the false claims that Thibs and his Front Office only want to play "veterans".

That's actually NEVER been the case with Thibs dating back to Chicago he's always allowed young talents to play.

I recall Thibs having no problem with playing a 19 year old rookie Derrick Rose alongside a 23 year old second year Noah

Philc1

12/19/2021  11:05 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

I'd say Chris had one decent year with the Nets, but he was underwhelming for most of his Knicks tenure. I also think Charlie was the starter on that finals team. He was an OK backup, but he wasn't starting caliber. I'd still take him over Elfrid Payton.

Childs was a one year wonder on the nets who never lived up to the big contract Ernie Grunfeld gave him. Defensively I could see a similarity between McBride and Childs. Childs was a tenacious defender just like McBride. Defensive tenacity is rare especially in today’s nba

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/19/2021  2:16 PM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Childs was a one year wonder on the nets who never lived up to the big contract Ernie Grunfeld gave him. Defensively I could see a similarity between McBride and Childs. Childs was a tenacious defender just like McBride. Defensive tenacity is rare especially in today’s nba

Why the hell are we talking about Chris Childs? McBride is already better than Childs.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

12/19/2021  2:31 PM
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Why the hell are we talking about Chris Childs? McBride is already better than Childs.

Chris and especially Charlie were very
Good defensive players. Neither had the offensive potential that deuce has. Deuce has a chance to be a special player in this league. It’s up to deuce to achieve it.

Philc1

12/19/2021  3:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Good defensive players. Neither had the offensive potential that deuce has. Deuce has a chance to be a special player in this league. It’s up to deuce to achieve it.

Ward was a better version of Elf which means he was a scrub

Philc1

12/19/2021  3:18 PM
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

I was going to bring up Rick Brunson too

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/19/2021  4:56 PM
Philc1 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Ward was a better version of Elf which means he was a scrub

Charlie could actually hit a three though. And he consistently passed to the open man. And he was mentally tough.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

12/19/2021  6:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2021  6:11 PM
Please no s#!tting on Charlie W!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/19/2021  7:54 PM
Charlie was the best QB in NYC in his tenure.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/19/2021  9:00 PM
From Drunk To Knick, He Took The Long Road To NBA

https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=19961013&slug=2353998

CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

12/20/2021  5:30 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
Panos wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Well said. I see people saying Deuce is similar to Charlie Ward and point taken (in part) as both were Quarterbacks and have some similar skills.
But Deuce is an animal, on another level re intensity and IQ/Skill. And Deuce on offense imo is superior NOW to at ANY point in Wards career.
I liked Ward, but Deuce is Ward on steroids.

Philc1

12/20/2021  3:32 PM
Nalod wrote:Charlie was the best QB in NYC in his tenure.

He’d probably the best qb in NY now

NYKMentality

12/20/2021  5:31 PM
I remember when Childs stuck (rip) Kobe with a two piece right to the grill. I loved it lol
Philc1

12/21/2021  3:00 PM
NYKMentality wrote:I remember when Childs stuck (rip) Kobe with a two piece right to the grill. I loved it lol

Luckily for Childs he had Larry Johnson and Kurt Thomas there to save him because Kobe was about to kick his @ss

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/21/2021  11:24 PM
Ward and Childs were terrible PGs. Neither could penetrate or break down anyone with their dribble. The only thing either guy contributed on O was an occasional 3. They were mostly good on defense, but somehow constantly got backed down in the post by Mark Jackson. Of course we finally traded one of them for Mark Jackson who proceeded to stick the fork deeper in his back when he got here. I was hoping we'd sign RObert Pack when we signed Childs. Pack was fast and could penetrate and if he had him with Camby and Spree we could have really pushed the ball.
Bullish on Deuce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy