[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bullish on Deuce
Author Thread
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/1/2024  11:27 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:poor mans version? I think the compliment was his tough defensive ability and similar size.
THis before Deuce broke his glass ceiling and the ball started falling thru the hoop.
Come on Nalod, get it right.

Marcus Smart is a 0;poor mans; version of DEUCE.

Deuce and JB as a back court is killing the game.

Ive heard some say, if this works, d.mitch and JB would be even better. Pump the breaks.

What DEUCE brings on defense, can;t be touched by d.mitch.

What DEUCE does as a ball spacer is different from d.Mitch who performs better on the ball.

Right now JB and Deuce are a great pair and hard to say which player is better when paired with JB. I7;m just enjoying what we have and how we look fully healthy. Maybe we already have a championship team and these guys just need to improve as a team.

Enjoy the run! I don't know were any of this goes but its all good. Your on a ;Deuce High; and I for sure are not talking you down! Im not in the DM camp because I don't know what the cost is and its not going to be cheap! I would be DM, a mess of picks, perhaps Deuce, and another 20 or so million in salary.
Im totally fine running this roster back another year and pray for health.
May all our Deuce dreams come true!!!
I'll say it again: If Deuce can play at 80% of the level he's shown lately, he's the perfect 3rd head of the three-headed dog that is JB/DDV/Deuce Cerberus. I roll with that, and I don't think I do spend assets on DM.

This post of mine hasn't aged well.
Did I jinx it?

Deuce did everything well on that last play. Perhaps his height not matching SGA was a contributing factor but he did not found him and played him tight.
"maybe we have a championship team"......Maybe. In the age of parity playoffs will have anomalies and make it more interesting.

Ehh, IMO it was one of his worst moments of the game. Did not disrupt his rhythm at all. That said, it takes a team effort to make it tough on a last second shot like that, like OKC did for Brunson by forcing a bad inbound pass.

Knicks had but 1.8 seconds. They were rushed for sure.
Knicks did not shoot well, but lets be real, the hot streaks are not the baseline and Thunder are a very very good team.
SAS won three in a row before losing a close game to Warriors.
Knicks are a very good team even shorthanded.
Nobody likes losing.
In an 82 game season there are stinkers, heartbreakers, bad foul shooting nights, and often the other team just flat out plays knicks. Same for every team as well.
That was an exciting game and both teams stunk at the line at times.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 53199
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/1/2024  12:13 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:poor mans version? I think the compliment was his tough defensive ability and similar size.
THis before Deuce broke his glass ceiling and the ball started falling thru the hoop.
Come on Nalod, get it right.

Marcus Smart is a 0;poor mans; version of DEUCE.

Deuce and JB as a back court is killing the game.

Ive heard some say, if this works, d.mitch and JB would be even better. Pump the breaks.

What DEUCE brings on defense, can;t be touched by d.mitch.

What DEUCE does as a ball spacer is different from d.Mitch who performs better on the ball.

Right now JB and Deuce are a great pair and hard to say which player is better when paired with JB. I7;m just enjoying what we have and how we look fully healthy. Maybe we already have a championship team and these guys just need to improve as a team.

Enjoy the run! I don't know were any of this goes but its all good. Your on a ;Deuce High; and I for sure are not talking you down! Im not in the DM camp because I don't know what the cost is and its not going to be cheap! I would be DM, a mess of picks, perhaps Deuce, and another 20 or so million in salary.
Im totally fine running this roster back another year and pray for health.
May all our Deuce dreams come true!!!
I'll say it again: If Deuce can play at 80% of the level he's shown lately, he's the perfect 3rd head of the three-headed dog that is JB/DDV/Deuce Cerberus. I roll with that, and I don't think I do spend assets on DM.

This post of mine hasn't aged well.
Did I jinx it?

Deuce did everything well on that last play. Perhaps his height not matching SGA was a contributing factor but he did not found him and played him tight.
"maybe we have a championship team"......Maybe. In the age of parity playoffs will have anomalies and make it more interesting.

Ehh, IMO it was one of his worst moments of the game. Did not disrupt his rhythm at all. That said, it takes a team effort to make it tough on a last second shot like that, like OKC did for Brunson by forcing a bad inbound pass.

If we were full strength you likely see Josh/OG guarding SGA/Williams (either or)

Love McBride and everything he does. He plays his role really well. Hopefully he continues to get better. Playing PG when Brunson sits is huge. We were +17 with Brunson on the floor. Part of that is Brunson is simply a superstar and we dont have Jules/OG to offset that when he sits.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal
Posts: 21473
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/1/2024  12:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:poor mans version? I think the compliment was his tough defensive ability and similar size.
THis before Deuce broke his glass ceiling and the ball started falling thru the hoop.
Come on Nalod, get it right.

Marcus Smart is a 0;poor mans; version of DEUCE.

Deuce and JB as a back court is killing the game.

Ive heard some say, if this works, d.mitch and JB would be even better. Pump the breaks.

What DEUCE brings on defense, can;t be touched by d.mitch.

What DEUCE does as a ball spacer is different from d.Mitch who performs better on the ball.

Right now JB and Deuce are a great pair and hard to say which player is better when paired with JB. I7;m just enjoying what we have and how we look fully healthy. Maybe we already have a championship team and these guys just need to improve as a team.

Enjoy the run! I don't know were any of this goes but its all good. Your on a ;Deuce High; and I for sure are not talking you down! Im not in the DM camp because I don't know what the cost is and its not going to be cheap! I would be DM, a mess of picks, perhaps Deuce, and another 20 or so million in salary.
Im totally fine running this roster back another year and pray for health.
May all our Deuce dreams come true!!!
I'll say it again: If Deuce can play at 80% of the level he's shown lately, he's the perfect 3rd head of the three-headed dog that is JB/DDV/Deuce Cerberus. I roll with that, and I don't think I do spend assets on DM.

This post of mine hasn't aged well.
Did I jinx it?

Deuce did everything well on that last play. Perhaps his height not matching SGA was a contributing factor but he did not found him and played him tight.
"maybe we have a championship team"......Maybe. In the age of parity playoffs will have anomalies and make it more interesting.

Ehh, IMO it was one of his worst moments of the game. Did not disrupt his rhythm at all. That said, it takes a team effort to make it tough on a last second shot like that, like OKC did for Brunson by forcing a bad inbound pass.

If we were full strength you likely see Josh/OG guarding SGA/Williams (either or)

Love McBride and everything he does. He plays his role really well. Hopefully he continues to get better. Playing PG when Brunson sits is huge. We were +17 with Brunson on the floor. Part of that is Brunson is simply a superstar and we dont have Jules/OG to offset that when he sits.

Deuce did well all game on SGA, he's proving to be a "stopper" type of player that can shadow the best guard. I probably would have liked some more size on SGA in a situation where you knew he would rise up quickly. That's pretty Deuce in a tough spot as an undersized defender. But obviously we did not have the size to throw on both him and Williams.

SupremeCommander
Posts: 33831
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

4/1/2024  2:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2024  2:24 PM
I'm more bullish on Deuce than I was before and I was pretty ****ing bullish before

Why? I thought he was a PG exclusively. That he can play off the ball and excel as a two way force? BWAHAHAHA - I feel like Hans Gruber writing that. I'm so bullish I feel like this 1993 and I need to find some freaking Pogs. Oh, and in 3 years he makes $3.9 million

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

4/4/2024  2:42 PM
Knixkik wrote:I thought the Knicks didn’t really have any real prospects left but Deuce is one. He may have real value on the market given his contract. But obviously I’d love to see him remain a homegrown talent and end up as an elite backup guard. His ability to play alongside Brunson is a welcomed surprise and really critical for this team going forward.

Keep Deuce. He’s becoming a two way beast

blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/5/2024  12:27 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I thought the Knicks didn’t really have any real prospects left but Deuce is one. He may have real value on the market given his contract. But obviously I’d love to see him remain a homegrown talent and end up as an elite backup guard. His ability to play alongside Brunson is a welcomed surprise and really critical for this team going forward.

Keep Deuce. He’s becoming a two way beast

He’s a utility knife
A substitute teacher
A jack of all trades
Deuce was created out of THIBS kitchen.
He’s the definition of a THIBS guard.

Once he learns how to command the offense, plus his defense. He’s more valuable to us than a trade.

Precious on the other hand was a valuable trade piece until Randle season was over now we need him.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/7/2024  9:42 PM
THE DEUCE WAS LOOSE
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Posts: 53199
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2024  10:43 AM
blkexec wrote:THE DEUCE WAS LOOSE
McBride still really needs a ball handler with him. It looks like Thibs is playing him off the ball more and it's been his best role.

Last night there was a stretch where it was McBride/DD/OG/Bojan/Mitch and we had Bojan running the offense and man he was cooking and we looked good.

McBride/OG/Mitch together was utterly suffocating.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/11/2024  6:39 PM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:THE DEUCE WAS LOOSE
McBride still really needs a ball handler with him. It looks like Thibs is playing him off the ball more and it's been his best role.

Last night there was a stretch where it was McBride/DD/OG/Bojan/Mitch and we had Bojan running the offense and man he was cooking and we looked good.

McBride/OG/Mitch together was utterly suffocating.

Yeah Thibs is putting Deuce through on court PG training. I remember Thibs doing this with IQ. Playing him at SG. But when you look at the positives, they out weigh Deuce negatives.

Like you said, on defense certain lineups can be suffocating with deuce on the floor. Then add in his outside shooting consistency and you see why deuce is now a trusted player in Thibs rotation.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2024  7:57 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

4/15/2024  10:03 AM
blkexec wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I thought the Knicks didn’t really have any real prospects left but Deuce is one. He may have real value on the market given his contract. But obviously I’d love to see him remain a homegrown talent and end up as an elite backup guard. His ability to play alongside Brunson is a welcomed surprise and really critical for this team going forward.

Keep Deuce. He’s becoming a two way beast

He’s a utility knife
A substitute teacher
A jack of all trades
Deuce was created out of THIBS kitchen.
He’s the definition of a THIBS guard.

Once he learns how to command the offense, plus his defense. He’s more valuable to us than a trade.

Precious on the other hand was a valuable trade piece until Randle season was over now we need him.

Deuce has been unbelievable this season. We have him under contract for another 3 years after this season on an extremely reasonable contract. Literally every GM will be begging us for him next offseason. Keep him

Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

4/15/2024  10:04 AM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:THE DEUCE WAS LOOSE
McBride still really needs a ball handler with him. It looks like Thibs is playing him off the ball more and it's been his best role.

Last night there was a stretch where it was McBride/DD/OG/Bojan/Mitch and we had Bojan running the offense and man he was cooking and we looked good.

McBride/OG/Mitch together was utterly suffocating.

Deuce is a two guard who can play a little bit of pg. he’s taken over for IQ in that role

blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/15/2024  1:05 PM
Deuce will be one of the most important players to get past Philly. Beat up Maxey and keep hart, DDV and JB out of foul trouble. Plus be an outlet when they double JB.

Mitch, iHart and Precious will be huge as well. But embiid will get his. We can’t have both of them go nut. One of them needs a low efficiency playoff series.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
DLeethal
Posts: 21473
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/15/2024  1:27 PM
blkexec wrote:Deuce will be one of the most important players to get past Philly. Beat up Maxey and keep hart, DDV and JB out of foul trouble. Plus be an outlet when they double JB.

Mitch, iHart and Precious will be huge as well. But embiid will get his. We can’t have both of them go nut. One of them needs a low efficiency playoff series.

I am not suggesting we switch our starting lineup, but I would absolutely love to see Deuce shadow Maxey, similar to how we used him against Curry. With Deuce on Maxey and OG on Tobias, and our bigs ability to match up with Embiid 1v1. We could really make it a nightmare to score in the half court.

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2024  2:10 PM
DLeethal wrote:
blkexec wrote:Deuce will be one of the most important players to get past Philly. Beat up Maxey and keep hart, DDV and JB out of foul trouble. Plus be an outlet when they double JB.

Mitch, iHart and Precious will be huge as well. But embiid will get his. We can’t have both of them go nut. One of them needs a low efficiency playoff series.

I am not suggesting we switch our starting lineup, but I would absolutely love to see Deuce shadow Maxey, similar to how we used him against Curry. With Deuce on Maxey and OG on Tobias, and our bigs ability to match up with Embiid 1v1. We could really make it a nightmare to score in the half court.

Plus, with OG on Tobias, he can help off him all day

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 53199
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2024  2:47 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
blkexec wrote:Deuce will be one of the most important players to get past Philly. Beat up Maxey and keep hart, DDV and JB out of foul trouble. Plus be an outlet when they double JB.

Mitch, iHart and Precious will be huge as well. But embiid will get his. We can’t have both of them go nut. One of them needs a low efficiency playoff series.

I am not suggesting we switch our starting lineup, but I would absolutely love to see Deuce shadow Maxey, similar to how we used him against Curry. With Deuce on Maxey and OG on Tobias, and our bigs ability to match up with Embiid 1v1. We could really make it a nightmare to score in the half court.

Plus, with OG on Tobias, he can help off him all day

McBride has potential to be menace in this series. I hope he comes out scoring. The longer he's on the floor the more rest for OG or a Nova guy and that's gonna be huge in this series
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/16/2024  10:13 AM
Deuce!!!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 53199
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2024  10:40 AM
martin wrote:Deuce!!!!

feels like he's such an x factor. Thibs will play our backcourt 40+.. we really need McBride to come up big
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/20/2024  7:22 PM
X-FACTOR
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
4/20/2024  7:37 PM
Put some respect on his name.

DO NOT TRADE HIM

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Bullish on Deuce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy