Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

12/17/2021  8:47 AM
Uptown wrote:Duece is the epitome of a winning player:

Positive Impact on both sides of the ball
unselfish
low turnovers

Love the way he fights over screens and he has Caruso-like nose for the ball on the defensive side. Anticipates well and was always in the right place last night. I highly doubt it will happen, but honestly, Duece needs to be the starting pg from here on out...Who has played a better all around game at the point so far this year?

His tenacity on defense is something we haven’t seen in forever out of a Knicks pg

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/17/2021  8:56 AM
Not like anyone is over doing the mcbride thing. Trade rose? Really?
Once the league gets some scouting on him we all know it gets harder. The kid needs to ease in.

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check
Start due to illness-Check

Y’all got him pegged for linsanity. Get real, he a 21 year old rookie who was not a blue chipper. He had one good year in college.
I know, make up conspiracy stuff that thibs held him back. Nope. He is growing into it. Enjoy it wihout ruining it FOR YOURSELVES WITH UNREAL EXPECTATIONS.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/17/2021  11:20 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

12/17/2021  11:21 AM
Nalod wrote:Not like anyone is over doing the mcbride thing. Trade rose? Really?
Once the league gets some scouting on him we all know it gets harder. The kid needs to ease in.

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Y’all got him pegged for linsanity. Get real, he a 21 year old rookie who was not a blue chipper. He had one good year in college.
I know, make up conspiracy stuff that thibs held him back. Nope. He is growing into it. Enjoy it wihout ruining it FOR YOURSELVES WITH UNREAL EXPECTATIONS.

C,'mon Nalod. I NEED SOMETHING!

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/17/2021  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2021  11:42 AM
Nalod wrote:Not like anyone is over doing the mcbride thing. Trade rose? Really?

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

I haven't read all of the posts but are people really claiming he is going to be the next Linsanity? What unreal expectations have been placed on him? Doesn't take much to see that he is our best 2-way pg. Doesn't mean he's a future allstar, just means he's the best one that we have on this team.

Nalod
USA
12/17/2021  11:31 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

C,'mon Nalod. I NEED SOMETHING!

I know its christmas and we want a Savior. But Santa is not real and Mommy and Daddy don't have the money for a pony. LOL,
Deuce vs. Marcus Smart. Enjoy the match up.
Deuce vs. covid. He blow it out his mouth like smoke rings! Deuce don't get no infectious virus!
Deuce vs Lin: Lin came from know where. Not on the UK, we all saw how great he was and taking credit. Not Nalod?
Sure, I new Deuce would be great the day he was born! Yep, Nalod was all for us drafting him but really it was me who saw his parents after he was born and said "one day, a young man shall rain down from the heavens with bleached tips and lead the knicks to glory. Follow the north star!

SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
12/17/2021  11:32 AM

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

I'd be content if Deuce ends up bring Ward/Childs.

Uptown

12/17/2021  11:52 AM
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

You mean Chris Childs that averaged 5 and 5 for us? Duece is more skilled...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/17/2021  12:02 PM

unselfish
low turnovers

Love the way he fights over screens and he has Caruso-like nose for the ball on the defensive side. Anticipates well and was always in the right place last night. I highly doubt it will happen, but honestly, Duece needs to be the starting pg from here on out...Who has played a better all around game at the point so far this year?

Damn. Caruso now getting gold standard defensive references. I hate that Chicago is that damned good. I hate myself for watching Chicago highlights.

Philc1 wrote:His tenacity on defense is something we haven’t seen in forever out of a Knicks pg

I know 'forever' can be a relative term to some people, but is that a veiled Frankie-hate reference?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/17/2021  12:02 PM
Uptown wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

I haven't read all of the posts but are people really claiming he is going to be the next Linsanity? What unreal expectations have been placed on him? Doesn't take much to see that he is our best 2-way pg. Doesn't mean he's a future allstar, just means he's the best one that we have on this team.

He fills a great immediate role and need. He's tough on defense and he doesnt need to get his own shot to help us.

As far as what he can and cant do he looks a lot like ELF with some scoring chops and better hops. I dont remember ELF elevating like Deuce does.

Kemba is out. Burks is a fill in and NOT a PG in any way shape or form. McBride has a real shot to get time and starting makes a lot of sense. Knicks just need a spark. The team doesnt need to be rescued. They have a lot of talent. They need a Jeter type kid who gets in the middle of everything, gets people involved and makes plays. IQ has a lot of that but is also inconsistent and prolly less of a PG than McBride

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG

12/17/2021  12:05 PM
Uptown wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

You mean Chris Childs that averaged 5 and 5 for us? Duece is more skilled...

There are some similarities. Chris used the dribble to leverage his midrange J and long twos. He also didn't take it too the rim that well and was a physical defender when engaged. But overall, Chris was kinda trash. I hope Deuce has a far more productive career.

Nalod
USA
12/17/2021  1:01 PM
SergioNYK wrote:

Gleauge-check
Spot time- Check

Like frustrated with our PG on a good team instead of being frustrated on a sub .500 team?

We love Deuce. He brings us hope!
If Thibs does not play him we can hate on him to feel better.
If Deuce plays poorly its not on us to be accountable. We can blame Randle.

Nalod
USA
12/17/2021  1:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:

unselfish
low turnovers

Damn. Caruso now getting gold standard defensive references. I hate that Chicago is that damned good. I hate myself for watching Chicago highlights.

Philc1 wrote:His tenacity on defense is something we haven’t seen in forever out of a Knicks pg

I know 'forever' can be a relative term to some people, but is that a veiled Frankie-hate reference?

Good catch. Frankie was french, frankie could not shoot, but frankie could lock it down!
Toney Douglas.
Pablo

All not flawed, but we loved them anyway.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/17/2021  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2021  2:46 PM
The way we are going, Deuce might play 40 mins against the Celtics. Major major test for the young rookie, to go up against a mirror image of himself(Marcus Smart). This is a player that reminds me of Deuce potential as a veteran nba player in the near future. They have similar lock down defense. I believe Duece is ahead of Smart, comparing Smart rookie year to McBride. And I'm not talking stats, just the eye test. Rookie stats is all about the team and less about the player. But over time, I think Duece can be our Marcus Smart. Hopefully Smart is his floor and not his ceiling. But I would take it. This team would do wonders if Smart was defending the perimeter. Maybe Deuce can build up more confidence guarding Smart and being guarded by Smart for majority of the game. I'm not sure we have any guards left that's not in covid protocol. This is bad and may need some attention from the top. Looks like we are going back to not having any fans again, which was good for us.

Its like the NBA and all sports are pandemic experiments and provides some insight into how fast this covid or new covid spread is occurring.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
12/17/2021  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2021  2:49 PM
Knixkik wrote:He should be an excellent backup PG for this team for a long time.

If Deuce is the long term backup, you must have a long term starter in mind. Please share. I'm curious who the long term starter will be.

If Deuce is the long term backup, and we don't have a long term starter, doesn't that make Deuce the long term starter? Maybe I'm missing something.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown

12/17/2021  2:50 PM
blkexec wrote:
Knixkik wrote:He should be an excellent backup PG for this team for a long time.

If Deuce is the long term backup, you must have a long term starter in mind. Please share. I'm curious who the long term starter will be.

If Deuce is the long term backup, and we don't have a long term starter, doesn't that make Deuce the long term starter? Maybe I'm missing something.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/17/2021  3:11 PM
blkexec wrote:The way we are going, Deuce might play 40 mins against the Celtics. Major major test for the young rookie, to go up against a mirror image of himself(Marcus Smart). This is a player that reminds me of Deuce potential as a veteran nba player in the near future. They have similar lock down defense. I believe Duece is ahead of Smart, comparing Smart rookie year to McBride. And I'm not talking stats, just the eye test. Rookie stats is all about the team and less about the player. But over time, I think Duece can be our Marcus Smart. Hopefully Smart is his floor and not his ceiling. But I would take it. This team would do wonders if Smart was defending the perimeter. Maybe Deuce can build up more confidence guarding Smart and being guarded by Smart for majority of the game. I'm not sure we have any guards left that's not in covid protocol. This is bad and may need some attention from the top. Looks like we are going back to not having any fans again, which was good for us.

Its like the NBA and all sports are pandemic experiments and provides some insight into how fast this covid or new covid spread is occurring.

It's Thibs, 40 minutes could be on the low side

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/17/2021  4:46 PM
blkexec wrote:

I didn’t view him as having elite starter upside. I figured knicks had bigger plans there. But I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. I wrote that after the golden state game.

JesseDark
Member: #467
12/17/2021  8:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2021  8:43 PM
Duce’s game reminds me Marcus Smart.
Bring back dee-fense
Panos
Member: #520
12/17/2021  8:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I didnt view him as having elite starter upside. I figured knicks had bigger plans there. But I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. I wrote that after the golden state game.

At this point I'll settle for a competent and solid 2-way starter PG. Even if he's average on both sides of the ball (which i actually think he's at least above average on D) all in, he's an above average at the position. Most players in the league are NOT 2 way competent as Deuce is
If Deuce can maintain, then I'd focus on acquiring an elite wing.

Bullish on Deuce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy