[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bullish on Deuce
Author Thread
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2024  3:45 PM
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:No longer considered bullish, Deuce in full bull mode

He's been my Nvidia stock

I wish I invested NVIDIA sooner, like I did with deuce. I have to say, I’m not surprised yet. To me he’s already shown this in college (mid range shoooter) and in gleague.

THE DEUCE IS LOOSE

Now we can make some noise with a top 3 two way Guard, to help JB on both ends.

His playmaking is where I see growth. And beating him man to the rim, off the dribble. That’s also an improvement. But Deuce is and always was a solid shooter and top notch man to man defender.

I am interested to see his growth as a ball handler with PG decision making at hand. Should be fun.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Posts: 27876
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
3/23/2024  4:43 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:No longer considered bullish, Deuce in full bull mode

He's been my Nvidia stock

I wish I invested NVIDIA sooner, like I did with deuce. I have to say, I’m not surprised yet. To me he’s already shown this in college (mid range shoooter) and in gleague.

THE DEUCE IS LOOSE

Now we can make some noise with a top 3 two way Guard, to help JB on both ends.

His playmaking is where I see growth. And beating him man to the rim, off the dribble. That’s also an improvement. But Deuce is and always was a solid shooter and top notch man to man defender.

I am interested to see his growth as a ball handler with PG decision making at hand. Should be fun.

Now that’s growth that may or may not happen. He’s playing exactly like he played in college when he was the starting PG. Same in the g league. My guess is he will be a similar version of what we see when he hits that ceiling as a playmaking PG. With today’s scoring guard culture, I can see him being a better player at what he’s doing now. Which isn’t a bad thing. He’s a great utility knife Thibs can use as he please. I’m just glad Thibs trust him because we need this version of deuce in the playoffs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2024  8:57 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 69103
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/24/2024  10:08 AM
blkexec wrote:I like it better when he was the underdog. But

G league Deuce is here to stay. Who said he can’t shoot? Anything he does on offense is a plus. I mean anything. So to score 23 in the first half? Wow. His confidence has blown through any ceiling anybody has put on him.

Leon is the man. Deuce always had this in him, just needed an opportunity. Good thing Thibs and Leon saw this in practice and locked him up before giving him 48 mins. deuce is that glue guy every team needs. The guard version of OG.

Ok, again with the "He needed the opportunity"? No, he needed to evolve and he did. not like he was being held back.
He as given plenty to opportunity to show up and he made progress. It was uneven at times. His G-League breakout showed what he can do but it did not translate. That was the next step. Kid is strong and a leaper. WE found our Marcus Smart!!!
Grimes traded was the opening and obviously it was predicated on him signing an extension and given the room to breath for a few years to keep doing what he is doing. Not like he was being held back.
This also is about Johnny Bryant in some form as he is the "guard whisperer".
DDV and then Deuce knocked out Grimes. This team develops and not all players will stick.

martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2024  11:37 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2024  11:45 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 53202
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/24/2024  12:06 PM
McBride is the exact opposite of everything we were supposed to get w/ Thibs.
No player development, doesnt play kids, relies too much on vets, doesnt make adjustments, doesnt use analytics, bla bla bla

Knicks literally track shots in practice and drills. They have had the data on McBride. Who knows how tactical they were w/ timing but damn this kid is just a player and he's well coached. He stays within himself. He takes good shots. All his jumpers looks like he's practiced that catch and shoot or dribble and shoot 1500x... TODAY.

Size is nice. 3&D is nice. But if you can get 3&D with a bag you got a player and it looks like McBride is getting to be that guy.

I also think Thibs plays him 48 because his value is in volume play, not matchups so much. Nobody stops Curry for this possession or that possession but let's stick McBride on him for 25 possessions and see how Steph like that

It's not easy... it's honestly cool to see the trial and error along the way but we are really building up some high motor guys.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Posts: 27876
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
3/25/2024  3:02 AM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:I like it better when he was the underdog. But

G league Deuce is here to stay. Who said he can’t shoot? Anything he does on offense is a plus. I mean anything. So to score 23 in the first half? Wow. His confidence has blown through any ceiling anybody has put on him.

Leon is the man. Deuce always had this in him, just needed an opportunity. Good thing Thibs and Leon saw this in practice and locked him up before giving him 48 mins. deuce is that glue guy every team needs. The guard version of OG.

Ok, again with the "He needed the opportunity"? No, he needed to evolve and he did. not like he was being held back.
He as given plenty to opportunity to show up and he made progress. It was uneven at times. His G-League breakout showed what he can do but it did not translate. That was the next step. Kid is strong and a leaper. WE found our Marcus Smart!!!
Grimes traded was the opening and obviously it was predicated on him signing an extension and given the room to breath for a few years to keep doing what he is doing. Not like he was being held back.
This also is about Johnny Bryant in some form as he is the "guard whisperer".
DDV and then Deuce knocked out Grimes. This team develops and not all players will stick.

Spot on with the Johnny Bryant comment. His guard development has been on full display for young and old like D.Rose.

I hear you on deuce wasn’t held back and wasn’t ready and needed development time. Nobody is arguing that, just the timing of when to make or not make roster moves to allow IQ and Deuce to run your team. So we just agree to disagree on that. But we both agree that IQ and Deuce are both playing at a high level, when given playing time. Deuce is a better fit than grimes since we add Hart then DDV.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Posts: 69103
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2024  8:14 AM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:I like it better when he was the underdog. But

G league Deuce is here to stay. Who said he can’t shoot? Anything he does on offense is a plus. I mean anything. So to score 23 in the first half? Wow. His confidence has blown through any ceiling anybody has put on him.

Leon is the man. Deuce always had this in him, just needed an opportunity. Good thing Thibs and Leon saw this in practice and locked him up before giving him 48 mins. deuce is that glue guy every team needs. The guard version of OG.

Ok, again with the "He needed the opportunity"? No, he needed to evolve and he did. not like he was being held back.
He as given plenty to opportunity to show up and he made progress. It was uneven at times. His G-League breakout showed what he can do but it did not translate. That was the next step. Kid is strong and a leaper. WE found our Marcus Smart!!!
Grimes traded was the opening and obviously it was predicated on him signing an extension and given the room to breath for a few years to keep doing what he is doing. Not like he was being held back.
This also is about Johnny Bryant in some form as he is the "guard whisperer".
DDV and then Deuce knocked out Grimes. This team develops and not all players will stick.

Spot on with the Johnny Bryant comment. His guard development has been on full display for young and old like D.Rose.

I hear you on deuce wasn’t held back and wasn’t ready and needed development time. Nobody is arguing that, just the timing of when to make or not make roster moves to allow IQ and Deuce to run your team. So we just agree to disagree on that. But we both agree that IQ and Deuce are both playing at a high level, when given playing time. Deuce is a better fit than grimes since we add Hart then DDV.

They are ready when they are ready..........
Deuce maybe a better fit than IQ fore that matter on a team with JB.
In some aspects IQ has exceeded expectations and JB for sure has.
While we can't give Bryant credit for JB, we perhaps can say he might have provided the finishing touches that helped this kid ascend to a level very few if anyone could have imagined.

martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  10:45 AM
Nalod wrote:
blkexec wrote:I like it better when he was the underdog. But

G league Deuce is here to stay. Who said he can’t shoot? Anything he does on offense is a plus. I mean anything. So to score 23 in the first half? Wow. His confidence has blown through any ceiling anybody has put on him.

Leon is the man. Deuce always had this in him, just needed an opportunity. Good thing Thibs and Leon saw this in practice and locked him up before giving him 48 mins. deuce is that glue guy every team needs. The guard version of OG.

Ok, again with the "He needed the opportunity"? No, he needed to evolve and he did. not like he was being held back.
He as given plenty to opportunity to show up and he made progress. It was uneven at times. His G-League breakout showed what he can do but it did not translate. That was the next step. Kid is strong and a leaper. WE found our Marcus Smart!!!
Grimes traded was the opening and obviously it was predicated on him signing an extension and given the room to breath for a few years to keep doing what he is doing. Not like he was being held back.
This also is about Johnny Bryant in some form as he is the "guard whisperer".
DDV and then Deuce knocked out Grimes. This team develops and not all players will stick.

I missed the Marcus Smart comment earlier, it's spot on, but with shooting

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

3/25/2024  10:45 AM
I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  10:47 AM
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
3/25/2024  11:07 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

This is the Randle.
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  11:27 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

Oh for sure. And no amount of money is gonna live up to playing near 48 minutes in 3 straight games and then starting to hear your name shouted out just as you are taking a 3 point shot. Dude living the dream.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  12:41 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
3/25/2024  1:09 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

Oh for sure. And no amount of money is gonna live up to playing near 48 minutes in 3 straight games and then starting to hear your name shouted out just as you are taking a 3 point shot. Dude living the dream.

Realistically (and I am adding facts that don't exist here), if he turned it down, do you think he is the one that ends up in Detroit?

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Posts: 69103
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2024  1:17 PM
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

He'll be 26 when his extension expires. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/miles-mcbride-74143/
He is making 1.8mm now.
Its just a handfull of games. I know we expect by next year as fans he'll be an allstar?
If he keeps this up he'll be traded and starting for another team at then make really nice money.
Or.....he comes off the bench.
Teams will counter and figure him out a bit. They will adjust.

martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  2:02 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

Oh for sure. And no amount of money is gonna live up to playing near 48 minutes in 3 straight games and then starting to hear your name shouted out just as you are taking a 3 point shot. Dude living the dream.

Realistically (and I am adding facts that don't exist here), if he turned it down, do you think he is the one that ends up in Detroit?

I am sure it went down like this: "Deuce, we love you man, but we have a trade to Detroit OR you can sign this sweet sweet 3-year team friendly deal. We really want you to think it over for a long time but the trade deadline is in an hour and we all up against a wall. Do you want to stick to NY or go to a losing team? You got an hour, so get back to us! And remember we love you!!!"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 69103
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2024  2:26 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

Oh for sure. And no amount of money is gonna live up to playing near 48 minutes in 3 straight games and then starting to hear your name shouted out just as you are taking a 3 point shot. Dude living the dream.

Realistically (and I am adding facts that don't exist here), if he turned it down, do you think he is the one that ends up in Detroit?

I am sure it went down like this: "Deuce, we love you man, but we have a trade to Detroit OR you can sign this sweet sweet 3-year team friendly deal. We really want you to think it over for a long time but the trade deadline is in an hour and we all up against a wall. Do you want to stick to NY or go to a losing team? You got an hour, so get back to us! And remember we love you!!!"

More like his agent having pestered them for a commitment of time or some assurance he could be free to seek other opportunities. Its the benefit of being a 2nd round pick and exceeding. What this deal gives him is the confidence he has a contract for 3 more years and a value proposition from the team to give him minutes he earned.
He has fulfilled the teams and his schedule and now has IQ minutes to establish himself in the league. If he outgrows his role off the bench he'll be desired by other teams and knicks will be compensated as will he in time! Not a bad thing here.
Grimes will be behind Ivey, Cade, and sasser and perhaps others being drafted. He started the season as the incumbant starter in the worlds most famous arena!
He needs to polish up a few areas and find a team that can give him a path. I don't fault him for complaining. He is frustrated and should be. As was Drose. As was Evan. Its a tough business. Maybe his agent played the wrong hand.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 37856
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

3/25/2024  4:16 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I've never seen a contract so good that I actually feel bad for the guy who signed it. Deuce is gonna be 29 before his next contract kicks in. He basically locked up his entire prime years for 1/3rd of his current worth. Great deal for Knicks, kind of sucks for Deuce.

haha 23yo and gonna be making in the $5M range and he wildly underpaid. Life sucks sometimes!

Opportunity cost. He could of turned it down and never got his shot.

Oh for sure. And no amount of money is gonna live up to playing near 48 minutes in 3 straight games and then starting to hear your name shouted out just as you are taking a 3 point shot. Dude living the dream.

Realistically (and I am adding facts that don't exist here), if he turned it down, do you think he is the one that ends up in Detroit?

I am sure it went down like this: "Deuce, we love you man, but we have a trade to Detroit OR you can sign this sweet sweet 3-year team friendly deal. We really want you to think it over for a long time but the trade deadline is in an hour and we all up against a wall. Do you want to stick to NY or go to a losing team? You got an hour, so get back to us! And remember we love you!!!"

More like his agent having pestered them for a commitment of time or some assurance he could be free to seek other opportunities. Its the benefit of being a 2nd round pick and exceeding. What this deal gives him is the confidence he has a contract for 3 more years and a value proposition from the team to give him minutes he earned.
He has fulfilled the teams and his schedule and now has IQ minutes to establish himself in the league. If he outgrows his role off the bench he'll be desired by other teams and knicks will be compensated as will he in time! Not a bad thing here.
Grimes will be behind Ivey, Cade, and sasser and perhaps others being drafted. He started the season as the incumbant starter in the worlds most famous arena!
He needs to polish up a few areas and find a team that can give him a path. I don't fault him for complaining. He is frustrated and should be. As was Drose. As was Evan. Its a tough business. Maybe his agent played the wrong hand.

Probably. Remember the rumors of the Knicks turning down offer in the off-season for Deuce. I believe that Deuce was never on the table because the FO knew they were trading IQ and Thibs told them that Deuce had developed to the point that he was ready. Not as ready as he's shown, but certainly capable of eating NBA minutes.
I'm sure Deuce's agent was pushing for a trade and reading the market. He was probably like "My guy can at least pull $5M on the open market. You can take care of us of now, or risk losing us."
The FO did the math and figured it's better to get this done now. I'm sure noone outside of the McBride family and, maybe, Thibs knew how much McBride would impact the team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bullish on Deuce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy