[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bullish on Deuce
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Posts: 25099
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

12/16/2021  12:19 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I am bullish on him and Grimes... I would get both into the rotation because maybe their hunger and desire to proves themselves rubs off on these guys acting as though they have arrived

Kinda like how IQ was a spark plug last year for the team. Grimes and McBride could both be that for us this year.

AUTOADVERT
Jimbo5
Posts: 20875
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/12/2020
Member: #8854

12/16/2021  4:21 AM
After summer league I thought the front office did a solid job drafting all 4 rookies. I had a feeling the knicks potential have the point guard of the future in the stable(IQ, Deuce, Rokubaitis). I always thought whoever the knicks sign in free agency at the starting PG(it so happens to be Kemba) will just be a place holder until IQ or Deuce is ready to grab the starting PG spot. Hopefully after what Deuce showed against the warriors he can now be part of the rotation.

I also believe whoever the knicks sign to replace Bullock is just an insurance, i also thought Grimes at some point in the season can step in the role Bullock had last season.

Just looking at what deuce and Grimes can do defensively and their ability to hit the long ball, i think at some point in the season if they are given the roles of Payton and bullock, both can be viewed as intstant upgrades to the roster.

Only if Thibs can see it that way, just let both players play!

Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/16/2021  7:32 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:After summer league I thought the front office did a solid job drafting all 4 rookies. I had a feeling the knicks potential have the point guard of the future in the stable(IQ, Deuce, Rokubaitis). I always thought whoever the knicks sign in free agency at the starting PG(it so happens to be Kemba) will just be a place holder until IQ or Deuce is ready to grab the starting PG spot. Hopefully after what Deuce showed against the warriors he can now be part of the rotation.

I also believe whoever the knicks sign to replace Bullock is just an insurance, i also thought Grimes at some point in the season can step in the role Bullock had last season.

Just looking at what deuce and Grimes can do defensively and their ability to hit the long ball, i think at some point in the season if they are given the roles of Payton and bullock, both can be viewed as intstant upgrades to the roster.

Only if Thibs can see it that way, just let both players play!

Its all good. But more than likely they somewhere in the middle which makes it no so clear cut to define they fill those roles. Solid vets get there over time and experence. Elf was not great, but he was solid. Bullock had many flaws but was a good defender. We fans can keep telling ourselves over and over our rooks are but they have yet to be consistant, and thats what rookies do. Thibs knows more than we can ever forget.

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2021  8:58 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:After summer league I thought the front office did a solid job drafting all 4 rookies. I had a feeling the knicks potential have the point guard of the future in the stable(IQ, Deuce, Rokubaitis). I always thought whoever the knicks sign in free agency at the starting PG(it so happens to be Kemba) will just be a place holder until IQ or Deuce is ready to grab the starting PG spot. Hopefully after what Deuce showed against the warriors he can now be part of the rotation.

I also believe whoever the knicks sign to replace Bullock is just an insurance, i also thought Grimes at some point in the season can step in the role Bullock had last season.

Just looking at what deuce and Grimes can do defensively and their ability to hit the long ball, i think at some point in the season if they are given the roles of Payton and bullock, both can be viewed as intstant upgrades to the roster.

Only if Thibs can see it that way, just let both players play!

1000%

Kemba and Rose are placeholders. I can't want for a couple of years when IQ, Grimes, McBride, Rokus start to turn the corner. Feisty, long armed dudes that get after it on D, space and can put ball on floor for mid range or rim finish, all seemingly hard workers with high IQ. You can see the FO thought process.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

12/16/2021  10:33 PM
I know it was against a bad rockets team but McBride was a revelation
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
12/16/2021  10:41 PM
Can’t hate Thibs for playing mcbride over Kemba…….
JrZyHuStLa
Posts: 25677
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/5/2007
Member: #1241

12/16/2021  10:43 PM
Here comes the McBride.
Uptown
Posts: 30878
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

12/16/2021  10:50 PM
15, 9 and 4....Keep him in the rotation!!!
BigDaddyG
Posts: 37761
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

12/16/2021  10:53 PM
He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fitzfarm
Posts: 25099
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

12/16/2021  11:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Clean
Posts: 28821
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/22/2004
Member: #743
12/16/2021  11:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/16/2021  11:12 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Thibs will be forced now. Now that the non hardcore Knicks fans know what some of us here knew about McBride they will chant the whole game if Thibs keeps him stuck to the bench when everyone is back.

BigDaddyG
Posts: 37761
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

12/16/2021  11:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Yeah, but now that I think about it....I might've said the same thing about Toney Douglas. I'm gonna take it back. I don't want to doom our room to life time of playing lower level Euro leagues. But the kids got it

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
12/16/2021  11:27 PM
Clean wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Thibs will be forced now. Now that the non hardcore Knicks fans know what some of us here knew about McBride they will chant the whole game if Thibs keeps him stuck to the bench when everyone is back.

If thibs doesn’t play McBride or grimes, he should be fired. If the FO don’t make a move or 2 to free up the log jam at PG, they failed. Easy contracts to move or buy out. So that Thibs can play McBride and grimes.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Posts: 27866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
12/16/2021  11:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Yeah, but now that I think about it....I might've said the same thing about Toney Douglas. I'm gonna take it back. I don't want to doom our room to life time of playing lower level Euro leagues. But the kids got it

Toney Douglas was a good role player. Duece is a complete player that fits. Fit out weighs talent. With deuce he has both.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

12/16/2021  11:35 PM
blkexec wrote:
Clean wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He reminds me of mookie Blalock. I think the PG position might be set.

I can see that he’s a hawk on defense and is a QB on offense, can shoot and score… thibs has to get him minutes.

Thibs will be forced now. Now that the non hardcore Knicks fans know what some of us here knew about McBride they will chant the whole game if Thibs keeps him stuck to the bench when everyone is back.

If thibs doesn’t play McBride or grimes, he should be fired. If the FO don’t make a move or 2 to free up the log jam at PG, they failed. Easy contracts to move or buy out. So that Thibs can play McBride and grimes.

McBride will continue to play. What is the other option? Burks has become a brick layer since moving to full time PG and Rose can’t play more than 20 minutes

NYKMentality
Posts: 23994
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 11/12/2012
Member: #4385

12/17/2021  3:16 AM
Uptown wrote:15, 9 and 4....Keep him in the rotation!!!

Damn right.

15 points (off 6/11 from the field and 2/5 from 3PT).
9 assists (beautiful).
3 rebounds.
4 steals (glue like Defense.

And most importantly believe it or not?

0 TURNOVERS (I repeat, 0 turnovers)!

This kid is the three E's of electric, explosive and exciting and looks to have an extremely high I.Q.

I'm already in love with the game of Deuce McBride.

franco12
Posts: 33271
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
12/17/2021  5:57 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:15, 9 and 4....Keep him in the rotation!!!

Damn right.

15 points (off 6/11 from the field and 2/5 from 3PT).
9 assists (beautiful).
3 rebounds.
4 steals (glue like Defense.

And most importantly believe it or not?

0 TURNOVERS (I repeat, 0 turnovers)!

This kid is the three E's of electric, explosive and exciting and looks to have an extremely high I.Q.

I'm already in love with the game of Deuce McBride.

You forgot the most important E - energizing. It’s what we’ve lacked for stretches.

NYKMentality
Posts: 23994
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 11/12/2012
Member: #4385

12/17/2021  6:09 AM
franco12 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:15, 9 and 4....Keep him in the rotation!!!
Damn right.

15 points (off 6/11 from the field and 2/5 from 3PT).
9 assists (beautiful).
3 rebounds.
4 steals (glue like Defense.

And most importantly believe it or not?

0 TURNOVERS (I repeat, 0 turnovers)!

This kid is the three E's of electric, explosive and exciting and looks to have an extremely high I.Q.

I'm already in love with the game of Deuce McBride.

You forgot the most important E - energizing. It;s what we;ve lacked for stretches.

Wrong.

Electric, Explosive and Exciting couldn't happen without... Energy 🤑

On a more serious note, I believe our starting 5 moving forward should become...

C: Mitchell Robinson.
PF: Julius Randle.
SF: R.J. Barrett.
SG: Immanuel Quickley.
PG: Deuce McBride.

Imo that's an exciting starting 5 with 4 younger players and 1 veteran (Julius Randle).

I think that Defense would become fun to watch too.

C: Nerlens Noel.
PF: Obi Toppin.
SF: Quentin Grimes.
SG: Alec Burks.
PG: Derrick Rose.

That's an awesome bench unit imo.

Evan Fournier can go to hell.

Uptown
Posts: 30878
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

12/17/2021  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/17/2021  8:28 AM
Duece is the epitome of a winning player:

Positive Impact on both sides of the ball
unselfish
low turnovers

Love the way he fights over screens and he has Caruso-like nose for the ball on the defensive side. Anticipates well and was always in the right place last night. I highly doubt it will happen, but honestly, Duece needs to be the starting pg from here on out...Who has played a better all around game at the point so far this year?

knicks1248
Posts: 42059
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
12/17/2021  8:40 AM
martin wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:After summer league I thought the front office did a solid job drafting all 4 rookies. I had a feeling the knicks potential have the point guard of the future in the stable(IQ, Deuce, Rokubaitis). I always thought whoever the knicks sign in free agency at the starting PG(it so happens to be Kemba) will just be a place holder until IQ or Deuce is ready to grab the starting PG spot. Hopefully after what Deuce showed against the warriors he can now be part of the rotation.

I also believe whoever the knicks sign to replace Bullock is just an insurance, i also thought Grimes at some point in the season can step in the role Bullock had last season.

Just looking at what deuce and Grimes can do defensively and their ability to hit the long ball, i think at some point in the season if they are given the roles of Payton and bullock, both can be viewed as intstant upgrades to the roster.

Only if Thibs can see it that way, just let both players play!

1000%

Kemba and Rose are placeholders. I can't want for a couple of years when IQ, Grimes, McBride, Rokus start to turn the corner. Feisty, long armed dudes that get after it on D, space and can put ball on floor for mid range or rim finish, all seemingly hard workers with high IQ. You can see the FO thought process.

I'm not even going to get to high on these guys because the FO is looking at trades and these young guys are our blue chip assets.

I really like all of our young guys, but I love the pace and energy Mcbride plays with, if he could master that pull up mid range jumper, and fight through screens the way he does, he's going to be a very good player.

ES
Bullish on Deuce

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy