[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

wake and bake people... Knicks vs. Bulls tonight (only RJ and Sims listed as questionable)
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/3/2021  10:36 AM
Panos wrote:
Clean wrote:
Some good news is McBride and Luka are still wrecking the G League.

Luka is shooting 42%. Not great for a 6'10" player.

Not great for most players actually.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
12/3/2021  10:45 AM
Randle might be the most frustrating player this team has had. He was dominating in terms of his shooting efficiency yet he makes the dumbest mistakes when handling the ball. Thibs HAS to get Randle to stop taking the ball up the court. That should be the top priority. Then people say “let the game slow down.” It doesn’t matter how you slow the game down. If you aren’t aware of where your teammates are and where the defense is, your turning the ball over. A big guy dribbling for no reason with Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso right near by is a TO waiting to happen.

I get it too. His talent is sick and he busts his ass. He is also dominant at times. His weaknesses still manage to takeover and that shouldn’t be the case.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/3/2021  11:02 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Randle might be the most frustrating player this team has had. He was dominating in terms of his shooting efficiency yet he makes the dumbest mistakes when handling the ball. Thibs HAS to get Randle to stop taking the ball up the court. That should be the top priority. Then people say “let the game slow down.” It doesn’t matter how you slow the game down. If you aren’t aware of where your teammates are and where the defense is, your turning the ball over. A big guy dribbling for no reason with Lonzo Ball and Alex Caruso right near by is a TO waiting to happen.

I get it too. His talent is sick and he busts his ass. He is also dominant at times. His weaknesses still manage to takeover and that shouldn’t be the case.

He’s definitely not a closer. Burks and Fournier are sloppy with the ball also and Quicklyisjust not ready yet. Chicago has it figured out and we’re not there yet. We don’t have a Derozan/Lavigne, Durant/Harden, Paul/Booker, Etc… it’s a talent thing

jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
12/3/2021  12:53 PM
Randle is in the wrong role. He needs to be an offensive option, not the main offensive option. He does not possess the court vision needed to dominate the ball the way that he does.
Clean
Member: #743
12/3/2021  1:12 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2021  1:35 PM
Randle is the best closer we have unless Drose is hot.
But Drose is not always.
Randle is the best closer we have unless RJ is. And at 22, in his 3rd season, he is still growing into it.
Mitch is not at his peak. Team will decide more later.
IQ, not a playmaker.
Obi got great PER in limited minutes. What happens if he plays more, it goes down. Then he don't.
If Thibs..........Really, you open end it thinking we, the fan, actually have better ideas? OK. Its fun.

Randle gets paid 21mm this year. Just ahead of Gallo. Randle is better. He is the 49th highest player. Next year at 26mm,, by this years standard he would be 43rd, Still not very high. Thats Derozen money.
Randle is not paid to be a 1st option. But he the best we have.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/players/

Look at KP's salary.
Jimmy Butler. We love tough Jimmy. Jimmy breaking down.
In fact, look over the list. Go ahead. Puts things in perspective. Our team is not great, and we can talk all about how Randle is not this, and Mitch is not that, but we also not tied in bad with guys.
What fans want vs. reality is not always aligned.
Remember we would have given the world for Zion. Dude has missed HALF of the games since he came in the league. He is having setbacks and soreness. Not that we know the truth, but they got big decisions to make with him and money.
I don't envy Griffin or any of them in the FO. WHy? Hindsight is one thing, forward thinking is another.
Whats the issue? We finished 4th last year and the optics of that make us "disappointing"? Get real.

Clean
12/3/2021  1:45 PM

Luka has won me over. I started negative on him due to people saying he has a low motor and I absolutely hate low motor players. However, since he came to the Knicks he been ballin and putting in good effort. I now consider him part of our young core.

26.8 Pts
54.6% FG%
44.1% 3FG%
88.9% FT%
10.3 Reb
3.3 Ast
1 Blk

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2021  2:12 PM
Clean wrote:
Luka has won me over. I started negative on him due to people saying he has a low motor and I absolutely hate low motor players. However, since he came to the Knicks he been ballin and putting in good effort. I now consider him part of our young core.

26.8 Pts
54.6% FG%
44.1% 3FG%
88.9% FT%
10.3 Reb
3.3 Ast
1 Blk

He might've turned corner. If so, this an extremely good value pick. Things to look at. He averages less than one steal and one block a game. He also has a negative assist to turnover ratio(4 turnovers a game.) And as we already know, he needs to improve the motor.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/3/2021  2:17 PM
This is just ridiculous:

Clean
12/3/2021  2:28 PM

You can tell he been a Knicks fan for 20 years. He speaking facts.
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2021  2:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
fishmike wrote:I expect a big effort, especially after the Nets loss and the Chi handled us last time. Bulls are balanced, have some size, lots of firepower... lets go boys

Melo is with the Lakers now... we got this

Was it the hat?

Rookie

12/3/2021  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2021  2:54 PM
Clean wrote:

I don’t want beca kill joy and I love deuce and want him to play, 28 Points on how many shots? In the G league he is the man and probably first option. On this team he maybe gets 3 shots a game in limited minutes. I don’t know how they fix this roster at this point. On one hand I am happy we are a.500 team. On the other hand, I don’t know how we take the next step. I guess I should be happy, but I want more

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2021  3:24 PM
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:

I don’t want beca kill joy and I love deuce and want him to play, 28 Points on how many shots? In the G league he is the man and probably first option. On this team he maybe gets 3 shots a game in limited minutes. I don’t know how they fix this roster at this point. On one hand I am happy we are a.500 team. On the other hand, I don’t know how we take the next step. I guess I should be happy, but I want more

Remember how 20 games ago, just at the end of last season, the Knicks were the 4th seed?
Remember like literally 90+ regular season games ago the Knicks were literally the 6th worst team in the league record-wise?
Remember like literally 2 seasons ago the Knicks had the WORST record in the league?

I don't know how they will ever get better from season to season any time soon

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2021  3:31 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie

12/3/2021  5:17 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Clean wrote:

Remember how 20 games ago, just at the end of last season, the Knicks were the 4th seed?
Remember like literally 90+ regular season games ago the Knicks were literally the 6th worst team in the league record-wise?
Remember like literally 2 seasons ago the Knicks had the WORST record in the league?

I don't know how they will ever get better from season to season any time soon

Well that is all progress. It looks like we have drafted pretty well during that time period as well. I just don’t see a path to more minutes for the kids who are a lot more fun to watch. Maybe we have to many role players. The whole team is role players. I would prefer if they don’t trade the kids. I wouldn’t care if they traded any of the vets except for Rose. I could go down the entire roster and do trade or stay, but probably needs its own thread

Clean
12/3/2021  9:54 PM
wake and bake people... Knicks vs. Bulls tonight (only RJ and Sims listed as questionable)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy