[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

wake and bake people... Knicks vs. Bulls tonight (only RJ and Sims listed as questionable)
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/2/2021  10:51 PM
Clean wrote:
Some good news is McBride and Luka are still wrecking the G League.

Luka is shooting 42%. Not great for a 6'10" player.

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
12/2/2021  11:06 PM
Panos wrote:
Clean wrote:

He is a big that mostly plays outside. Where as all our bigs are pick and roll he is pick and pop. He takes almost 6 3's a game and hits them at 43%. If you want spacing he is the only big we have that can provide it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/2/2021  11:07 PM
Panos wrote:
Clean wrote:

? From 3pt land?

His splits over 5 games are 50/43/93

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
12/3/2021  12:29 AM

This is the guy that struggles to get over 13 minutes of playing time and often gets pulled for 1 defensive mistake. Maybe that is why we have energy problems.
Clean
12/3/2021  12:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2021  12:41 AM

Looking at all the games McBride played in the G League most of his assists are to Luka. Luka can shoot the rock. Both players need time in the big league. They both give us things we don't have.
JesseDark
Member: #467
12/3/2021  12:44 AM
Sometimes watching this team they give a diva vibe. They are getting too unraveled when calls don't go their way.
Bring back dee-fense
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/3/2021  1:37 AM
Clean wrote:

Looking at all the games McBride played in the G League most of his assists are to Luka. Luka can shoot the rock. Both players need time in the big league. They both give us things we don't have.

Why does their ball movement and play execution look so much better than the big club's.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/3/2021  6:21 AM
Clean wrote:

Is Luka a 4 or a 5?

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/3/2021  7:15 AM
Frustrating loss but definitely get the sense that they’re right on verge of getting this together consistently and then a great run

Also sense a trade

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2021  8:08 AM
Clean wrote:
This is the guy that struggles to get over 13 minutes of playing time and often gets pulled for 1 defensive mistake. Maybe that is why we have energy problems.

I literally don't understand why Obi doesn't get minutes. But my assumption is that the Knicks really like this kid and want to develop him the best they can. I don't know what coaches and their staff use as carrot and stick to get players to do all of the things the correct way but minutes seems to be one of them while they have the luxury of Randle.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/3/2021  8:15 AM
blkexec wrote:
BMart wrote:
Uptown wrote:Burks had Obi wide open cutting down the lane...

Great shooter not great court vision

Burks was a good move from a defensive minded coach perspective. But on offense it’s clear that Burks had a shooting guard mentality.

Agreed. Have said this in other threads. Would be nice to have a PG that can score but knows the importance of creating and running a pick and roll. Would like to see him drive and kick out the ball a few times or get into a PnR with the interior to set someone up. Feel we now have two PGs that think shoot first.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/3/2021  8:21 AM
Chandler wrote:Frustrating loss but definitely get the sense that they’re right on verge of getting this together consistently and then a great run

Also sense a trade

The selfish basketball from at least 5 players in the 1st half was a disgrace..3 on 2 fast breaks resulting in zero passes.

At one point Fournier would rather take a well contested layup than kick to a wide open IQ for 3.

Knox gets a cameo, but he took OBI out to do it.

We definitely play frustrating basketball

ES
Uptown
Member: #1883

12/3/2021  8:40 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

I literally don't understand why Obi doesn't get minutes. But my assumption is that the Knicks really like this kid and want to develop him the best they can. I don't know what coaches and their staff use as carrot and stick to get players to do all of the things the correct way but minutes seems to be one of them while they have the luxury of Randle.

Honestly, if Randle had turned it over the way Obi did, no way does Randle sprint down the court to make that defensive play. Randle would have been sulking on the other side of half court. Knicks just extended Randle so it seems like its inevitable that we will be moving Obi at some point . How much longer can this kid only play 15 mins per game?

Uptown
Member: #1883

12/3/2021  8:45 AM
Clean wrote:

McBride is impressive...His midrange game is going to be killer in the NBA once he gets playing time and confidence. He has a strong build which allows him to finish through contact and he is quick enough to guard the full 94 feet. Foot work is better than I thought, too. At some point, I hope we give this kid a shot at the point. Let him fall flat on his face before we grab another past his prime or perennial back-up veteran pg.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2021  9:08 AM
1. First half was ugly. Amazing how slow fans were in the lower bowl to get back to seats for 2nd half.
2. Second half EF and Randle looked great. Burks was statistically a non factor. Thats ok, we needed good play from others. Mitch played spirited defense 2nd half.

Take away. The energy came but they had to dig out of a hole. Rose played great then ran out of steam. This is who he is.
IQ is not starting material Yet. does it happen? Don’t know. Taking out Kemba was not the answer, but its a point int he right direction. Chicago is a rather decent team.

That was a big boy game for Randle. More upright shooting, demonic in the paint, and good energy 2nd half without the pity party. My take is his outside game is always better when he plays more in the paint. Nalod just guessing he either ignores my suggestions or the team was fine with him playing slow and outside. Detect sarcasm folks.
Burks, got to the line alot last night and wonder how long the experiment will last. He is a microwave 3 over long season.
I want to see Grimes do well. Not a dramatic break out game. Thats for the movies or Lin. He is getting time on the court. Its a start. Was Knox’s family there tonite? LOL.
We’d be all over Lonzo shooting if he was a knick. What was our level of interest in reality? Either we don’t tamper or we did not have strong interest. For our purpose EF a better fit? Is Ball the PG that Thibs wanted to marry? We never made a big commitment to Kemba. We don’t have the PG of our future. The won as Lavine had an effiecient shooting night. Cuz Ball was awful shooting. Derozen at 25mil per and assets for trade. Lets see how this pans out longer term. EF is not the better player, but on a better contract? He is accountable and feeling the Thibs heat and from Randle. This is how teams come together long term.

.500 is not awful unless your expectations were out of wack with reality. Y’all can whine about ESPN and others “hate” or look in the mirror and actualize reality is not “hate”.

Hate moral victories as much as anyone but I’ll take it over a blow out. Thibs has a firm grip on this team and un 2nd half mattered. Pehraps not for the standings but for confidence. Some loses are better than others.

Clean
12/3/2021  9:21 AM
While discussing Luka I don't think people are discussing how many effort plays are being sown in these videos. For a player with a low motor he is making a lot of effort plays. Like that last ast from McBride where Luka sprints up the middle for an easy dunk on the break. He was obviously slower than Obi but that was a pure effort play right there that Obi lives on. That also shows that McBride would hit Obi in those exact situations. Thibs needs to start giving these young players a real chance. Not the fake chance where they get pulled after 1 mistake. Give them a chance to get a rhythm. Play them only with the other young players and tell them to push the pace. Putting them with the slow and stagnant starters will set them up for failure as seen with Grimes. Grimes has looked good whenever he played except when he played with the starters.
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/3/2021  9:28 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

My guess is that Thibs doesn't think Randle or Obi can anchor the defense playing the 5

i agree though need to get more minutes for this guy. He's tiring out the opponent just trying to keep up with him.

(5)(5)
Clean
12/3/2021  9:37 AM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

My guess is that Thibs doesn't think Randle or Obi can anchor the defense playing the 5

i agree though need to get more minutes for this guy. He's tiring out the opponent just trying to keep up with him.

Some matchups I agree will be too big for Obi. However, like I seen someone else say its not like Mitch and Noel are giving us amazing minutes right now. Plus Obi lead the TEAM in PER in November and that is one of the best adv stats. Not even our "star" player had a better PER than Obi.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
12/3/2021  9:45 AM
If Obi gets a few more minutes, or Noel played, I think we would have won. Same for RJ.

Hate the losses, but we’re seeing more quarters of watchable basketball.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
12/3/2021  10:09 AM
Bulls have two closers in DeRozan and LaVine and we don't. Bottom line. Kudos for the comeback but to allow a team to get a 20 point lead on you at home is inexcusable. It's frustrating how we pretty much have no homecourt. As great as the Garden is (or was), teams just have no fear about playing here. They actually look forward to it and it's a disadvantage for us when you think about it.

Poor job by the team to start this game. They were not in the game mentally and the carry over from the Nets loss seemed to carry over. It got worse when Taj was thrown out for no good reason. Even Mike Breen, who historically loves the zebras, complained about just how bad and inconsistent they were. But there is just nothing we can about it. We need to start going into games assuming the opposing team is going to get the majority of the calls and we are not. We cannot control that. We can control are the turnovers and offensive rebounds, which once again killed us. It's not like the Bulls are these big team either. Can't allow Caruso and Green to grab 7 offensive rebounds and help the Bulls get 7 more shots. Turnovers need to stop too. We're trying to make the homerun pass way too many times. Keep it simple! Especially Randle! Bulls with Caruso and Lonzo are not the team to be dribbling the ball and looking to make fancy passes in the air!

Not sure if it was the gameplan (I doubt it) but the defensive strategy on Vucevic was infuriating. This is not new, the entire league knows he's one of the top three point shooting Centers in the league and we left him wide open off simple pick-and-pops! Awful defense and communication!

We played hard and came back against one of the better teams in the East but we need to stop bitching to the zebras, stop with the silly turnover and keep wings and guards off the offensive glass!

wake and bake people... Knicks vs. Bulls tonight (only RJ and Sims listed as questionable)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy