[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks - Atlanta- It's payback time
Author Thread
Philc1
Posts: 23255
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

11/27/2021  11:05 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

Is Kemba's defense that bad? He misses a game and we get back to the defense we had last year. Mind you EF played and we still played good D.

Imagine when we sign Elf to a 10-day contract when the suns cut him

AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Posts: 22895
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/12/2012
Member: #4385

11/27/2021  11:31 PM
Great threat title. Payback time was right.

I had this game circled on my calendar the very moment our schedule came out and it didn't disappoint; because this was my favorite Knicks win of the season this far.

Hopefully a confidence builder moving forward and I really liked Alec Burks in the starting lineup.

On the road @ Atlanta?
Without our two PGs in Rose and Kemba?
Without our two backup Centers in Noel and Taj?
And we beat the Hawks by 9?

And oh yeah. Mitchell Robinson was BACK!

Clean
Posts: 25791
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/22/2004
Member: #743
11/28/2021  12:11 AM

I been saying the same thing forever. The starter don't fit his strengthes and the bench does.
Kemet
Posts: 21492
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

11/28/2021  12:41 AM
franco12 wrote:we look so much better without Kemba Walker.


We look so much better, when Thibs doesn't let Randle control the offense on every Knicks offensive-possession. The Knicks had Burks & Quickley at the point speeding up the tempo to score quick baskets on the court to stretch the lead as if Fournier performance was D.Rose.

Clean
Posts: 25791
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/22/2004
Member: #743
11/28/2021  2:56 AM


Look at all these easy shots because of our guards(more specifically IQ) is initiating the offense. Simple and effective basketball plays. How can anyone see this and still want to go with ISO's. The more movement you force the defense to do the more chance of miscommunications and it breaking down. ISO's is the easiest thing to game plan for.
Jimbo5
Posts: 20559
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/12/2020
Member: #8854

11/28/2021  3:39 AM
The more they play and the starting 5 continues to struggle, it seems the success of the knicks season may depend on how far the bench can carry this team.

It seems like Evan has a chance to turn things around for himself. Kemba outside the feel good-coming home story is so far a low risk-no reward signing. He has been very inconsistent, im still hoping he can figure things out.

What the bench has shown tonight is that they are willing to step up when called upon. I have a feeling Kemba might be the odd man out of the rotation towards the end of the season. Burks taking over the starting pg for the long term might be a good look. IQ seems prime for a larger role and so too is Obi. It all boils down to opportunity and trust. I think the long term starting PG is already in the roster. Im hoping IQ, burks or Deuce be given the opportunity to start similar to how Doc gave the starting job to Maxey.

Philc1
Posts: 23255
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

11/28/2021  9:01 AM
An argument can be made after last night Burks should be the starting pg
SergioNYK
Posts: 20296
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/8/2002
Member: #333
USA
11/28/2021  10:55 AM
So proud of this team! To be able to come back after the beatdown against Phoenix and go on the road against the team that sent you home last spring and do it when they are on a 7 game win streak and 8-1 at home is just such a big time win and it tells us a lot about the character and heart of this group! You cannot play better than that fourth quarter. Everyone was in sync and it was beautiful to watch!

Everyone played a part in this win but the game ball has to go to Burks and IQ. Burks was outstanding with his shot making and IQ played such great defense on Young and he also had his best game of his career in terms of playmaking. Alan Hahn mentioned it last night and I agree with him - at what point does IQ graduate and get promoted to the SL? I really do not wanna mess with our bench because I think it's one of our biggest strengths but our SL has played so poorly (but is getting a little bit better) and IQ's shot making ability, defense, ability to get into the paint and his overall demeanor and energy would be such a boost to that starting lineup, which is missing that energizer and floor general. I know it's very unlike Thibs to demote a vet like Kemba but it's something to consider. At the very least, I hope he continues to give IQ as many minutes as possible, especially in the fourth.

Great game by Fournier too. He made all the big shots, especially those 5 points in the third quarter when the Hawks started the quarter on a 7-0 run. Absolutely loved what I saw from Obi. Gallo just couldn't keep up with his speed and athleticism. That alley-oop off Grimes pass was sick! Gotta give kudos to Sims too. He was big with his rebounding, altering shots and he's probably our best pick-setter. Great find by the front office to find this kid at the end of the second round.

I also have to give Randle some credit. His lack of aggressiveness and body language are concerning but he played and contributed to this win with key plays despite shooting poorly. He made some great passes off double teams, had that nice drive at the buzzer to end the third and played good defense when he was switched on Young. But something is off with him. He seems distracted and depressed. Like he's not all there. I really hope he's OK and this is just a slump but it's getting concerning to me.

At least RJ snapped out of it and made some shots. Overall, great win!

Jmpasq
Posts: 24862
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/28/2021  11:15 AM
Damn looks like I missed a good game. I thought this stretch was going to be a disaster but they are holding strong. 2-2 so far, .500 over this stretch of games would be a huge win
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
Posts: 25723
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
11/28/2021  11:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2021  11:40 AM
SergioNYK wrote:So proud of this team! To be able to come back after the beatdown against Phoenix and go on the road against the team that sent you home last spring and do it when they are on a 7 game win streak and 8-1 at home is just such a big time win and it tells us a lot about the character and heart of this group! You cannot play better than that fourth quarter. Everyone was in sync and it was beautiful to watch!

Everyone played a part in this win but the game ball has to go to Burks and IQ. Burks was outstanding with his shot making and IQ played such great defense on Young and he also had his best game of his career in terms of playmaking. Alan Hahn mentioned it last night and I agree with him - at what point does IQ graduate and get promoted to the SL? I really do not wanna mess with our bench because I think it's one of our biggest strengths but our SL has played so poorly (but is getting a little bit better) and IQ's shot making ability, defense, ability to get into the paint and his overall demeanor and energy would be such a boost to that starting lineup, which is missing that energizer and floor general. I know it's very unlike Thibs to demote a vet like Kemba but it's something to consider. At the very least, I hope he continues to give IQ as many minutes as possible, especially in the fourth.

Great game by Fournier too. He made all the big shots, especially those 5 points in the third quarter when the Hawks started the quarter on a 7-0 run. Absolutely loved what I saw from Obi. Gallo just couldn't keep up with his speed and athleticism. That alley-oop off Grimes pass was sick! Gotta give kudos to Sims too. He was big with his rebounding, altering shots and he's probably our best pick-setter. Great find by the front office to find this kid at the end of the second round.

I also have to give Randle some credit. His lack of aggressiveness and body language are concerning but he played and contributed to this win with key plays despite shooting poorly. He made some great passes off double teams, had that nice drive at the buzzer to end the third and played good defense when he was switched on Young. But something is off with him. He seems distracted and depressed. Like he's not all there. I really hope he's OK and this is just a slump but it's getting concerning to me.

At least RJ snapped out of it and made some shots. Overall, great win!

I think if our life was under a microscope and we are constently being recorded at work. There will be up and down days, thats not related to work (We are humans not robots). I just think he's a typical human being in his 20s with a wife and kid and will eventually pull himself out of whatever he's in. He's already proved that much last year. Same with RJ. They both have proved they can improve with extra work for mental and physical toughness.

What I hope this proves to Randle is to trust EF and developing those catch and shoot timing chemistry Randle had with Bullock. Thats the key to us being a playoff team again with this current roster. Randle and EF chemistry. Along with Thibs navigating political powers and playing the right guys (Grimes) to win, regardless of paycheck (Randle) or status (Kemba / Rose) or high draft picks (RJ). But play the guys that brings energy (Sims), easy fastbreak points (Obi), and opens the floor while playing down hill (Quick). We have a nice balance within our young core of players. All of our young guys are positive, energetic, plays hard on defense and fits our culture.

Big props to Burks. Yes, it was a team win, but Burks continues to show he's the engine that makes this team work. He's the ultimate glue guy that every successful team should have. We need more players like him. A professonal who plays with the same energy, regardless if he starts or comes off the bench. or DNP. He's had a few of those last year, and still played hard. Guards 3 positions. "He's as valuable to this club now as D Rose was last year." And Burks showed this last year as, but he had Bullock in the way. And Bullock was our starter.....This year, Burks needs to be our starter. Either for Kemba or EF.

Most say Kemba, but that will leave 3 rotational guards under 6'3 on the bench, ready to play. Second unit lineups might look small. But you can't play Kemba, Rose and IQ at the same time. Thats the negative for moving Burks up and Kemba down. And playing EF like a starter, just to make him come off the bench, doesn't look good on the FO. But somehow Burks should start.

Knowing Thibs, he will adjust minutes to over compensate, instead of changing the starting lineup. It's stubborn, it's old school, but it's a smart long term strategy. The starting unit will eventually improve with this strategy. Backups will grow in confidence, since they understand their value and role in the teams success. And if the starting unit builds enough chemistry come playoff time, we will have a strong Starting unit and Bench, at the right time. With a healthy Rose and Kemba.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
Jmpasq
Posts: 24862
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/28/2021  11:23 AM
JesseDark wrote:
franco12 wrote:we look so much better without Kemba Walker.

Hate to say it but it's true. Walker looks light he is shot. He gives us a few threes and an occasional charge. It's gonna be hard to justify Walker continuing to start.

It was still worth a shot by the front office. Every team in the league would of signed him to that deal.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Posts: 51070
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/28/2021  11:52 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Damn looks like I missed a good game. I thought this stretch was going to be a disaster but they are holding strong. 2-2 so far, .500 over this stretch of games would be a huge win
you didnt miss anything. Knicks are trash remember? See you next year.

Its a little interesting how much some of our fans love to trash any player not playing well.

Burks and Fournier are pretty much the same guy. They are both snipers who do some other things well, but when they are not sniping they are not impressive NBA players.

Randle and RJ have not played well this year (overall). They are not out of shape. They are not demanding more touches or calling out teammates. They are grinding and trying to break out of it. Like these guys were the pillars of our turnaround last year and now people cant wait to see them off the floor. We are 20 games in and they are playing hard trying to get right

Knicks are 11-9 despite:
Randle/RJ having terrible shooting starts
Wildly inconsistent play from center
Starters not gelling at all

Your 2 leading scorers last year are having dreadful starts to the season. The team's defense has gone from elite to lower tier mush. New guys are struggling to fit in and yet we are 11-7, 7th place and a couple games from moving to a home court seed.

I love hearing how antiquated and slow to adjust everyone thinks Thibs is. Its been one year of this guy and after decades of losing Knick fans think they should be winning every night. The self awareness is impressive

Also... Phuck the Hawks. They got hot last year but are nowhere near as good as people give them credit for.

Thibs and his staff have challenges. I 100% believe Randle/RJ will show out to be the players they were last year.
IQ/Obi are both progressing beautifully and its a joy to watch.
I have no idea what is going to happen at center.

Its pretty clear that any bench player any night can get 25-30 minutes when they are playing well. We play our 10 best guys every night. Still love the squad.

BillTheButcher
Posts: 20599
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/5/2016
Member: #6326

11/28/2021  1:27 PM
Thibs needs to decide if he wants to win or be loyal to vets .........If he wants to win we need more IQ,Grimes,Simms ,OBI,Burks and RJ getting most of his run with the young guns .The starting lineup does not work to slow RJ wants to go .......
[IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q636/shemmue0311/member15202.png[/IMG]
smackeddog
Posts: 37614
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
11/28/2021  3:03 PM
Fun game! Was great to see so many of the young players play well- please no more of the starting lineup, they’re unwatchable!
BigDaddyG
Posts: 31828
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

11/28/2021  4:33 PM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:

Is Kemba's defense that bad? He misses a game and we get back to the defense we had last year. Mind you EF played and we still played good D.

It's bad, but I think the big thing is switchability with Burks in the lineup. Burks isn't GP3, but he isn't any easy target and he has good size.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Posts: 21492
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

11/28/2021  11:53 PM
Great 4th quarter rotation for a Knicks win .. MitchRob & Sims dynamic STOPS on defense .. Obi & Randle nice 2-Way performance at PF .. Grimes & Fournier 2-Way meshing at SF .. And Burks & Quickley's decision-making performance in the back-court was win-win !!!

In the next few games .. I dont want to read put Quickley in the starter lineup! Quickley & Obi chemistry are getting better n better each game as their minute of playing time increase.
The Starter lineup need HELP! The same excuse the past few seasons going back to Melo's tenor.
The Knicks awful starters excuse were always pinned on the PG! It was Payton the past two seasons, now its Kemba. I'm from the Bronx, and got luv for Kemba, but never improving on his passing-skills, and the Hornets got tired of his dribble-dribble-dribble performance. But Kemba's not the problem. RJ Barrett has never showed any signs of being a starter, and RJ Barrett's inconsistency been showing he is not a 30 minute NBA player (He's just the 3rd pick in draft)!
The Knicks Randle & Barrett advertisement .. need to stop.
Yes, Burks should've been in the starter lineup last season.
Put Burks & Kemba as the Knicks starter backcourt to confuse opponent by having 3 players in the starter lineup to switch at running the point. Randle have to stop running the point (and getting a touch of the ball) on every Knicks offensive-possession for 40 min a game.

GameThread: Knicks - Atlanta- It's payback time

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy