[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College basketball and nba draft thread 2022
Author Thread
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/19/2022  1:49 PM
Who thought or predicted a year ago our picks would be Grimes, Rokas, McBride, and Sims? Or the year before Obi and IQ? I expect to be surprised, maybe pleasantly. What I don't expect is a massive giveaway of assets for a shiny toy that will be tossed aside as soon as we are tired of it.

Four days!

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/19/2022  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2022  3:06 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Who thought or predicted a year ago our picks would be Grimes, Rokas, McBride, and Sims? Or the year before Obi and IQ? I expect to be surprised, maybe pleasantly. What I don't expect is a massive giveaway of assets for a shiny toy that will be tossed aside as soon as we are tired of it.

Four days!

Last few years, Knicks usually let the top 10 pick be known a few days before the draft, for some reason they don't seem to lie or hide it despite being in a big media- I don't understand why! But it was known we'd take Knox the day before the draft (he even did an interview where he used the term 'we' when talking about the Knicks and Fiz), Frank was pretty much known days before the draft, Obi was definitely known the day before the draft because there were stories about us wanting to trade up with the Cavs to get him. RJ was pretty obvious (though there were a few stories of us wanting to trade down for 2 picks instead).

The mid firsts and second rounders have always been surprises, however, in retrospect there was a few articles about IQ impressing us- think the mid to late picks are less nailed down due to the unpredictability off what players will be available.

Current office does seem to have a preference for older players, they like players who do well at the combine work outs/ games, they like mature hard-workers.

Still think we'll go for Johnny Davis and maybe trade down if the Wiz take him- Berman tweeted his prediction and his source is usually Thibs (who can't help but rave about which players he likes to Berman), and he fits the player type this front office seems to like. Not exciting or a game changer, but it is what it is.

houston20
Member: #8797

6/19/2022  3:23 PM
Outside of ivey i think the knicks board is dyson daniels,johnny davis, malaki brahnmam, mark williams, and possibly shaden sharpe.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/19/2022  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2022  5:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Who thought or predicted a year ago our picks would be Grimes, Rokas, McBride, and Sims? Or the year before Obi and IQ? I expect to be surprised, maybe pleasantly. What I don't expect is a massive giveaway of assets for a shiny toy that will be tossed aside as soon as we are tired of it.

Four days!

Last few years, Knicks usually let the top 10 pick be known a few days before the draft, for some reason they don't seem to lie or hide it despite being in a big media- I don't understand why! But it was known we'd take Knox the day before the draft (he even did an interview where he used the term 'we' when talking about the Knicks and Fiz), Frank was pretty much known days before the draft, Obi was definitely known the day before the draft because there were stories about us wanting to trade up with the Cavs to get him. RJ was pretty obvious (though there were a few stories of us wanting to trade down for 2 picks instead).

The mid firsts and second rounders have always been surprises, however, in retrospect there was a few articles about IQ impressing us- think the mid to late picks are less nailed down due to the unpredictability off what players will be available.

Current office does seem to have a preference for older players, they like players who do well at the combine work outs/ games, they like mature hard-workers.

Still think we'll go for Johnny Davis and maybe trade down if the Wiz take him- Berman tweeted his prediction and his source is usually Thibs (who can't help but rave about which players he likes to Berman), and he fits the player type this front office seems to like. Not exciting or a game changer, but it is what it is.

Well this FO didn’t pick Knox or Frank and although it was reported the Knicks might want to move up to get Obi it wasn’t expected he would be there at #8 so I call that a surprise. To the best of my memory there was virtually no discussion of IQ, Grimes, Roma’s, McBride so I’m going to stick with the take I can’t predict what *this* FO is going to do and my only expectation is I will be surprised. But I’m not one of the experts here.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/19/2022  5:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Team needs a playmaker shot creator. Not another role player

This.

Trade back and draft Kennedy Chandler. We are way too overloaded at the wing positions with almost nothing at pg

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/19/2022  5:39 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Mark Williams would be such an underwhelming pick to me. I don't like the idea of taking that position and that skill set in the lottery. You can find C's later on tbh.

Agree. Even if we lose Mitch, we still have Sims. Then just do the inevitable 3 year deal for Mo Bamba

wargames
Member: #6053

6/19/2022  6:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/19/2022  6:10 PM
Philc1 wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Mark Williams would be such an underwhelming pick to me. I don't like the idea of taking that position and that skill set in the lottery. You can find C's later on tbh.

Agree. Even if we lose Mitch, we still have Sims. Then just do the inevitable 3 year deal for Mo Bamba

It could be due diligence for a trade down. As much as I would love a trade up, the Hornets at #13 and #15 seem like a ideal trade partner for a Knicks team at #11 with the Thunder at #12 in need of a center. If the Thunder don’t get Chet the Hornets might be willing to pay to move up and grab either Duren or Mark Williams before the Thunder can take them at #12.

Plus I don’t know if we talked about this enough. This draft is looking real slim on known quantity talent. The Knicks should have a lot of practices because maybe Mark is the Best Plasyer available at #11.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/19/2022  8:13 PM
wargames wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

It could be due diligence for a trade down. As much as I would love a trade up, the Hornets at #13 and #15 seem like a ideal trade partner for a Knicks team at #11 with the Thunder at #12 in need of a center. If the Thunder don’t get Chet the Hornets might be willing to pay to move up and grab either Duren or Mark Williams before the Thunder can take them at #12.

Plus I don’t know if we talked about this enough. This draft is looking real slim on known quantity talent. The Knicks should have a lot of practices because maybe Mark is the Best Plasyer available at #11.

Teams that take that approach will fail.

Center will always have value just like running back will always have value. But good teams are taking really good running backs in the 2 Nd rd and unless I felt I was drafting Alonzo mourning 25-60 is the reasonable investment point for a center. Mark Williams does not do enough on the court to warrant an 11 pick in the nba.I’d rather pick a player w higher upside and be wrong about it than settle for a very common center.

RIP Crushalot😞
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/20/2022  9:37 AM
I'd love to have another 1st rounder this year, not for a trade up but I think there is so much depth in this draft. If only last years 1st rounder trade to this year was less restrictive and we still had it. I's love to get a Mark Williams, Tari Eason and/or Dalen Terry in addition to who we will pick a #11.

I really think Dalen Terry will be a steal in the mid to later 1st round, 6'7 playmaker who played a role this year.

HoustonSprewell84
Member: #8931

6/20/2022  10:14 AM

I want a 10 year starter, with all star potential.

Be it a center, pf, sf, pg. Any position.

I’m not trying to draft another project like Knox, Frank, swinging for a high ceiling, then getting a player who can’t even crack your rotation.
Those are wasted picks.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/20/2022  12:46 PM
I want the best shooter in the draft. I don't care what position.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/20/2022  1:56 PM
HoustonSprewell84 wrote:

I want a 10 year starter, with all star potential.

Be it a center, pf, sf, pg. Any position.

I’m not trying to draft another project like Knox, Frank, swinging for a high ceiling, then getting a player who can’t even crack your rotation.
Those are wasted picks.

Most 10 yr starters with allstar potential are usually off the board by 11. Some late bloomers or players who werent scouted properly slip through the cracks but we would be fortunate to grab a rotational player at 11.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/20/2022  1:58 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I want the best shooter in the draft. I don't care what position.

Brahnam is one of the most efficient shooters in the draft and should be there at 11. He is definitely on my radar...

smackeddog
6/20/2022  2:22 PM
Draft buzz update:

With Keegan Murray, Dyson Daniels and Bennedict Mathurin seemingly locked into the top eight, AJ Griffin is believed to be vulnerable to sliding.

Even though Shaedon Sharpe never played a minute at Kentucky, most assume he offers too much upside for teams to pass on in the Nos. 6-10 range.

Meanwhile, not everyone has bought into Griffin offering more than shooting. In 39 games at Duke, he totaled 38 assists, 20 steals and 53 free-throw attempts. That has raised questions about his lack of burst and heavier feet for creating, blowing by or defending.

While we haven't received any word about Griffin's medicals raising red flags, his injury history in high school is widely known. Griffin being on the board when the New York Knicks pick at No. 11 is sounding possible.

Teams are expecting the Sacramento Kings to be discussing trades until they're on the clock at No. 4.

At this stage, the price for the No. 4 pick is presumed to be steep, though it normally would be days before the draft. That price will likely go down as we get closer to 8 p.m. on Thursday.

While Jaden Ivey is widely considered the draft's fourth-best prospect, teams also say never to expect anything when it comes to Sacramento. Shaedon Sharpe is thought of as a sleeper option if the Kings stay put, though Keegan Murray is also presumed to earn consideration.

Some believe Ousmane Dieng is getting consideration from lottery teams, and even a few drafting in the top 10.

He's being viewed as a high-risk, high-reward pick, so believers may see enticing upside in a range where most prospects project as role players.

The idea of Dieng, a 6'9" wing with guard skills, was always more compelling than his production. But over the second half of his season in the NBL, he strung together an impression stretch of scoring and shot-making, which led to optimism over his development.

It's sounding like the earliest Dieng could go is to the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8 or San Antonio Spurs at No. 9.

- Rival teams continue to think Jaden Ivey is a sleeper pick at No. 2 for the Oklahoma City Thunder, especially if Jabari Smith goes first. Despite Holmgren getting consideration at No. 1, scouts still seem to share nerves about his body and limited creation for a top pick. Nobody sounds hesitant when it comes to Ivey. He wouldn't be an ideal fit for an OKC team that already has Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Josh Giddey, so the belief that he's an option at No. 2 may be more tied to some lack of confidence in Holmgren.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038929-2022-nba-draft-buzz-latest-intel-on-top-prospects-and-vip-lottery-teams

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2022  3:05 PM
Interesting trade back guy, Dyson Daniels light

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2022  3:58 PM
Depending on what the included players are, I think this make some sense. My assumption is that the Knicks would take Ivey at #2 and OKC still gets Chet at #4 cause Houston is all in on Paolo Banchero at #4.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
6/20/2022  4:18 PM
martin wrote:Depending on what the included players are, I think this make some sense. My assumption is that the Knicks would take Ivey at #2 and OKC still gets Chet at #4 cause Houston is all in on Paolo Banchero at #4.

If true, are we sure Ivy would be the better pick over Chet and Banchero?

smackeddog
6/20/2022  4:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/20/2022  4:35 PM
There so much Ivy smoke regarding the Knicks it’s ridiculous- wish we didn’t let our intentions slip out so easily- tell players to STFU in interviews!

smackeddog
6/20/2022  4:37 PM

Macri said he also met one on one with Rose too- interesting timing. IJohnny Davis said he hasn’t worked out for us. So if we stay at 11 maybe AJ Griffin is the pick?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/20/2022  4:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:Depending on what the included players are, I think this make some sense. My assumption is that the Knicks would take Ivey at #2 and OKC still gets Chet at #4 cause Houston is all in on Paolo Banchero at #4.

If true, are we sure Ivy would be the better pick over Chet and Banchero?

No... I would definitely take Chet and Banchero over Ivey. I don't buy this rumor.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
College basketball and nba draft thread 2022

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy