[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

realgm tradechecker
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/31/2002  4:13 AM
Did you guys see the "new and improved" tradechecker? I must say it sux now. They give salary ratings instead of the actual salaries and accept or decline a trade according to salary ratings and players ratings. So salary dump trades don't get accepted anymore and all trades are "fair".

Maybe they should change their website into amateur GM as this isn't a simulator anymore but the arcade version.

AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/31/2002  9:58 AM
I was kind of wondering why they did that. They don't even have the team salaries anymore to peruse. Maybe the NBA cracked down on them sisnce they were using the information to make money through online ads?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2002  11:13 AM
Yeah, I have to agree, not having the salary page is strange. Maybe they don't want other sites to have the info.

But overall, I think the RealGM site is getting worse, not better. I don't go there often, but they seem to have lost their focus. I know that they have introduced site line articles and a bunch or forums to increase their user base, but without moderators, etc. the forums especially will turn into epsn forums very quickly. I mean, topics with the likes of Met and Yankee trades in the NYKnicks page?

They have some good ideas, but they should stick to GM stuff. And get rid of the pop-up ads already.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/31/2002  12:08 PM
You can still find player salaries on bskball.com

(eventhough they as a site are in decline as well since they put the rumors in subscriber email for which you have to pay and the site is loaded with ads)

but it's an odd move from realgm. The only thing still of interest is their wiretap but that's it. Oh and their lotto simulator was briefly funny, we now have just the one again. Someone on the nyt forum said there was talk of realgm merging with espn insider, could that be reason enough for the changes in the tradechecker?

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 01/31/2002 12:10:16]
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/31/2002  6:26 PM
I hope they don't team up with Insider because they stole NBAtalk.com as well. That was a great site and just when they were really getting to be the best rumor site on the net, they team up with espn insider. The best part about Realgm.com is the wiretap and thats whats keeping them going, but i really don't like the new trade checker one bit.
realgm tradechecker

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy