[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nazr Mohammed, the key to this team
Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/10/2004  5:14 PM
A lot of people are going to say that Jamal Crawford or Stephon Marbury will determine how far this team goes. However, Nazr Mohammed is the guy we really need to do well. When I say that Nazr is the key to this team right now, I do not only mean for this season, but I really do think this guy will play a big role in determining how good we will be in a couple of years.

I know some are thinking right now, "Is this guy crazy, how can he think that our hope lies on a center who couldn't even start for the Hawks?" However, Nazr showed last season that he can be a good Center at times and had a good season for us. This season after only two games, people were ready to trade him for crap. I have said a number of times that we really need to get Mohammed over 30 mpg this season if we want him to play well (even if he is in foul trouble, he still needs to be on the floor a lot). Last night, Lenny did that and we saw what kind of a player Mohammed could become. He got it done on the offensive end and the defensive end. Mohammed IMO isn't going to become the guy that brings us to the next level, but I think he can get us a guy that brings us to the next level.

Its not crazy to think that if Mohammed has a good season (something like 12 ppg and 8 rpg would be decent), then we will have a good asset on our hands. Seriously, the guy almost got us Erick Dampier in the offseason. People point out that we have Tim and Penny's big expiring contracts that can also get us a good bigman. Yes they can, but Nazr doing well this season really gives us a better shot at getting a talented Center. When a team trades a good big man, they one a replacement in return. For example, Eddy Curry has quickly become unpopular in Chicago, it is not crazy to suggest that we can bring another Bull in a sign and trade during the offseason. Curry will demand a lot of money this offseason and Chicago will likely be in the same situation they were with Crawford which is where we can come in and get him in a deal involving Nazr (if he has a good season). I'm not suggesting that Curry is the guy we have to get, all I'm saying is that Nazr having a good year really can help this franchise out in the long run.

[Edited by - s3231 on 11/10/2004 17:17:05]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/10/2004  5:22 PM
the key is the Knicks need an athletic shotblocker...Nazr doesn't have those instincts...that 1 block he had the other night was even a surprise for me...we need someone who can average ~3 blocks a night to take the pressure off some of the other guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
s3231
USA
11/10/2004  5:30 PM
Posted by TMS:

the key is the Knicks need an athletic shotblocker...Nazr doesn't have those instincts...that 1 block he had the other night was even a surprise for me...we need someone who can average ~3 blocks a night to take the pressure off some of the other guys.

I agree, but to get that shotblocker, we need Nazr to do well IMO.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
11/10/2004  5:33 PM
if only we had gotten rasheed, damn... that guy averages 5 blocks per game... and his defensive presence scares the **** out of people
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
s3231
USA
11/10/2004  5:36 PM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

if only we had gotten rasheed, damn... that guy averages 5 blocks per game... and his defensive presence scares the **** out of people

Rasheed would have been a perfect fit here, I wanted to get him bad. However, if KT plays like he did last night on a consistent basis, we will be fine
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
11/10/2004  5:37 PM
the only thing that was bad about kurt last night was missin his open jumpers. He has to make them... if you miss em what a waste of an open shot.
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
s3231
USA
11/10/2004  5:38 PM
Yea he rushed a couple of his shots, but most of the time he will make those shots so that doesn't worry me. His defense and his hustle last night was definitely something I want to see a lot of though.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/10/2004  6:52 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

Rasheed would have been a perfect fit here, I wanted to get him bad. However, if KT plays like he did last night on a consistent basis, we will be fine
Actually, I'd really like to have gotten Dampier. So far, it looks like last year wasn't a fluke for him
s3231
USA
11/10/2004  6:54 PM
Yea I wanted Dampier badly too. If I had to choose between Rasheed and Dampier I would have chosen Dampier. Unfortunately, we couldn't get either one but thats ok.
Nazr Mohammed, the key to this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy