2 Weeks Notice?
Author Thread
nyshakespeare
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #420
USA
11/10/2004  1:35 PM
http://slamonline.com/links/11082004/

The bigger question here is what this means to Lenny Wilkens. Will Lenny get canned?

If anything, I think losing Helm buys him more time. Ownership sees a coach willing to lose his top assistant and sees it as a guy willing to make changes. Now, whether or not anything actually changes -- and I'm guessing nothing will change -- Lenny can say he's trying toi shake things up, to give him time.

But here's the interesting thing: at each stop along Lenny's long and varied career, Helm has been there. And the last three jobs Lenny has had -- Atlanta, Toronto and now New York -- Helm has been fired/resigned/quit moments before Lenny was shown the door. This makes Helm something of a human two-weeks notice.

I think Lenny's days are numbered. If the Knicks get drilled again tonight by the Sixers, and then lose at home to the Clips on Friday, I think Isiah will pull the ripcord and try to figure out something else. Maybe he'll take over, but I wouldn't be suprised if Isiah splashed out a ton of cash on Phil Jackson, either.

Thought the human 2 weeks notice thing was interesting and didn't see this posted.

It Is Solved By Walking
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  1:52 PM
I never know what to make up this stuff... media fodder or real meddling. Hopefully Lenny isnt on as short a leash as has been written. Another coaching change would just add more instability. Lenny might not be perfect for this group but he's not bad either. With the frontcourt problem we have I just dont see the point right now.

I also think Marbury can learn alot from Lenny and could use some stability there. He's had what? 8 coaches since he's been a pro?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/10/2004  2:31 PM
I think its a stretch. Helm has been with lenny for more that just Atlanta and Toronto...no mention of those.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/10/2004  2:37 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I never know what to make up this stuff... media fodder or real meddling.

media fodder. Slam writer didn't put an ounce of thought into statement.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  2:46 PM
but he wasnt the only one who wrote something like it... anyone Isiah trade away will be because of something personal and any interaction Isiah has with players will be because of meddling. Thats just NY. The one guy still standing is Herb. And might I add he's got a perfect record coaching the Knicks
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/10/2004  3:07 PM
As I said before, I cant believe its only game 3 and they are already calling for sweeping changes - including getting rid of Lenny Wilkens. If thats the case why didnt they just keep Chaney until the end of last season?

The media are being rediculous, they are making stories out of thin air. I dont see a coaching change on the horizon unless the losing continues but last time i checked the Knicks won a game.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
11/10/2004  8:59 PM
Whoever the next coach is, I hope Isiah doesn't undermine his authority like he has with Don and Lenny.
2 Weeks Notice?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy