[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sweetney shotblocking
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/10/2004  10:28 AM
Is it me or has Sweetney's shotblocking instincts been getting better and better every game the last 3 games he has looked very active on help D. Its says he has only one put im pretty sure he alterd a couple of shots last night. He was a great shotblocker in college and it would be huge if he can be able to translate that into his NBA game.

Sweetney also seems to be getting very comfortable with his back to the basket game. It seems so natural now he knows when to spin when to drive and if that turn around falls consistantly like it did yesterday than thats unstoppable.

But whats the deal with his rebounding?? He isn't a monster anymore. He still gets his share but it doesn't seem like the same. He had 5 in 32mins vs Boston at the end of last season he would have had like 15 in 32.

[Edited by - newyorknewyork on 11/10/2004 10:29:08]
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/10/2004  10:48 AM
i'm glad you brought this up.

first off, he averaged around 2 blocks a game in college so he can block shots.

but regarding his rebounding, i think his rebound/minute drop off has to do with his involvement in the offense. he's now setting those high screens or he's actually getting it in the post. last season, he was really not part of the offense and just hung around and crashed the boards. now he has a role and his opportunity to just freelance and crash (like ariza is doing now) is diminished. i still think he's going to be a really good rebounder, he just needs the minutes.

he HAS to stop with the stupid fouls on those picks and he needs to hit those free throws. that's what he needs to worry about.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  10:56 AM
first off, he averaged around 2 blocks a game in college so he can block shots.
try 3.2 per game is junior year. Thats better than good.

His rebounds will come... its not the number, its the timing. He gets the tough ones in traffic. There's a lot of factors. He was also guarding guys more on the high post or the top of the key and KT was defending the blocks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Sweetney shotblocking

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy