[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tim Thomas belongs on the bench!
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/10/2004  9:13 AM
The team is just better when he isn't in the game. I don't care how much we are paying him, JYD should get his minutes because at least he plays defense.

TT stands around lost half of the time, and Trevor, and JYD are also active, trying to crash the board and make things happen. Someone wrote it yesterday that it may light a fire under TT, but it may be good for the guy to get 15-18 a game, and go more press up tempo. Because lets face it he doesn't defend, rebound or bring anything to the table

TT you suck!
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/10/2004  9:18 AM
Personally, I think Ariza didnt light a fire under TT. I think the situation has made TT worse. The competition is making him forget that he needs to play bball and he is focusing on some young second round pick taking the spotlight away.

I will use the comparison of Willis McGahee and Travis Henry on the Buffalo Bills. Travis was a 1400 yard rusher last season. This season the team is 0-5 with him as the starter and 3-0 with Willis in. While not the same situation - Willis has gotten inside Travis' head and the team now belongs to the younger player with more fire and desire.

Ariza has shown he wants to make the most out of his opportunity in the NBA - that is something TT has never been able to do and now that he is being outdone - he is quickly becoming trade bait.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/10/2004  9:26 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Personally, I think Ariza didnt light a fire under TT. I think the situation has made TT worse. The competition is making him forget that he needs to play bball and he is focusing on some young second round pick taking the spotlight away.

I will use the comparison of Willis McGahee and Travis Henry on the Buffalo Bills. Travis was a 1400 yard rusher last season. This season the team is 0-5 with him as the starter and 3-0 with Willis in. While not the same situation - Willis has gotten inside Travis' head and the team now belongs to the younger player with more fire and desire.

Ariza has shown he wants to make the most out of his opportunity in the NBA - that is something TT has never been able to do and now that he is being outdone - he is quickly becoming trade bait.

I think there is truth to this. It seems like TT is a bit frustrated in his competition with Ariza. I was at the game last night, and I'll tell you there is a real buzz around that kid. TT has NO presence on the floor. And once again scored less than 10 points. Let's not even get into the other stats.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/10/2004  9:28 AM
I agree that Ariza should play more than TT, but IT needs to showcase TT for the trading deadline. Need to pump up his value.
MS
Member: #724
11/10/2004  9:33 AM
Furthermore no one like TT, because he is terrible, and doesn't try never takes charge and always is out of control.

Just an aside: The two seats behind me used to belong to MSG, and it seems every game they give them to players friends and family. Crawford in game one, and Ariza last night.

Also: The guys that came up with the "All Ball" catch phrase were next to men, and they mentioned how they used to met with the Knicks last year, and everyone in the organization new Layden was running the team into the ground but nobody said anything. He was like i wanted to tell the guy "Dude your ruining our team" Which i thought everyone would appreciate.

Ohh and if TT can't handle competition in sports he is half a man, with no pride. Which was already exposed with the Keynon Martin thing. Ariza, Penny, JYD, should all get his minutes
bernard
Member: #475
11/10/2004  9:43 AM
I said this in another thread ... Ariza's playing great and deserves all the minutes and accolades he's getting. But Tim Thomas is a far better player than what he's shown. He will step it up.

Hard to get in TT's head. Is he struggling because Ariza's doing so well and is fan favorite? Perhaps, but I doubt it. TT has been bench player for much of his career. He's used to playing with other guys who get more attention. I think the problem is he's going bad and has lost confidence. It's gotten in his head, and he doesn't want the ball, so he doesn't make hard cuts or fight for post position. And since his whole game is offense, he's a big liability when his offense isn't clicking. Man, you could see him aiming his shot last night. There were a couple of plays where Knicks moved the ball really well and got TT a wide open look in rhythm, and you could see he didn't expect to hit the shots, which he bricked of course. He'll play his way out of it ... hopefully to being a productive 6th man spelling Ariza!
Panos
11/10/2004  10:18 AM
After 3 games:

MPG FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% RPG APG SPG BPG TO PPG
Thomas: 24.3 9-30 .300 1-5 .200 1-2 .500 2.00 0.7 .33 1.00 2.0 6.7
Ariza: 21.0 12-23 .522 0-0 .000 5-8 .625 5.30 2.7 1.67 .00 1.3 9.7

Key stats to note:
TT's FG%= .300
TT has gotten to the line exactly once in 3 games.
TT has yet to score 10 points in a game.
Ariza has nearly 3 APG in 21 MPG -- that's nearly what Crawford has in 35 MPG, and he's playing some point guard!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/10/2004  10:23 AM
TT's home really might be on the bench. I've traditionally been a skeptic of TT, while at the same time think he needs to be a key player on this team for us to do really well.

When Thomas has an off game, he does NOTHING. Even when he has a good game, he's usually good for 1 period in the 2nd half after his coach has yelled at him at halftime for not doing anything.

As much as we want him to emerge as a superstar, and as much as he wants to do it, after 7 or 8 years in the league, if it hasn't happened yet it probably will never happen. The thing about veterans is that you know what you're gonna get.

Take for instance the optimism of Penny Hardaway in the pre-season, how he's healthy for the first time in years. Fact is this guy is a walking injury waiting to happen. It's no surprise to me that he's nursing a hamstring injury right now--- hammy injuries take a long time to heal... and he'll likely be hampered by this for the rest of the season.

As for Timmy... he is what he is. A sometimes brilliant, but sometimes disappearing player with flightly confidence.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/10/2004  12:47 PM
I agree, I definitely think that Ariza has gotten in TT's head. I can't stand TT but as a Knick fan I am rooting for him to turn this around. But I think this pretty much sums up what the problem has been with TT his entire career:

HE IS NOT A COMPETITOR. When the going gets tough he either takes a back seat or talks trash from a hospital bed.

Note to NY Media: Please stop interviewing TT, he is embarrassing himself with the things he says and frankly it's making me sick to my stomach.

Note to TT: Stop talking and produce.
I just hope that people will like me
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/10/2004  12:48 PM
Note to Bip: Pick up dry cleaning.
I just hope that people will like me
Panos
11/10/2004  1:27 PM
Posted by technomaster:

[clip...]
Even when he has a good game, he's usually good for 1 period in the 2nd half after his coach has yelled at him at halftime for not doing anything.
[clip...]

Fantastic point! This is the truth. I've never seen him bring it for a whole game. Be involved, contributing even if not scoring.
Tim Thomas belongs on the bench!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy