[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The day after........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/10/2004  1:54 PM
coaches find different ways to motivate their players, a guy like Parcell will go to the media in a heart beat to criticize a player poor performance, and the funny thing is this, all of the players that played for him 95% of them always want to play for him again. Sometimes, you have to know what button to push to make a guy react. After poor performances in the preseason and in the first two game, Lenny has to use a different approach with TT, after all we are allabout winning. If TT is as big a part of the puzzles as he has said, Lenny needs to start pointing him out by utilizing the louder voice. No one wants to see the media criticizing them. Larry Johnson from KC was verbally criticized openly through the media by his coach, he wasn't too happy about it, but he is performing much better now. All the great coaches has done it, why not Lenny?

Posted by Bippity10:

You judge a coach by what he says to the media? What he says to the media has nothing to do with what happens in the huddle and what happens in practice. I used to openly lie to the media after games. We fans like to pretend that we know what is going on with the coach's and the team because it makes us feel better about ourselves. But the truth is, sorry to say it, we have no idea. The things that used to anger me the most were the things I had to keep closest to the vest, normally because the players that ticked me off the most were also the most fragile and I could not criticize them to the media without losing them. I would spend every waking moment trying to figure out ways to fix this player(which took away from the rest of my team)but fans would walk around saying I was to stupid to know that this player was a problem. Give me a break.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/10/2004  2:04 PM
Posted by fishmike:

seriously though... this is where the depth is so important. Let Jerome come in and fight, let Sweetney play more, let a 19 year old rookie from the 2nd round play more minutes than your starter..

This isnt bad rotations, its bad play. Its just called trying to find a combo of players that can do something positive. How can it possibly be Lenny's fault when TT goes 1-8 from the field with no rebounds?

How?

I'm 100% with you. It's not Lenny's fault. He's playing the hand he was dealt.
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/10/2004  2:07 PM
Actually after the last game, Bill Parcells chided the media because they kept trying to get names out of him for who he thought was hurting the Cowboys the most. Bill Parcells said he wouldn't give any names and that he wasn't going to embarrass them.

Some players you can talk about to the media, some players you can't. The message has clearly been set to TT that his performance has not been appreciated. He has been boo'd by fans and benched for three straight games. And now because of your own personal anger you want Lenny to point out the obvious by whining about Tim to the media? The message has been sent loud and clear. Now you are simply making excuses for TT. If he wants to get his minutes back he needs to step up and play. It is not up to Lenny to give his entire teams scouting report to us through the media. Problems get fixed in practice not through post game interviews.
I just hope that people will like me
Panos
11/10/2004  2:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Crawford gets to slap twice because he's skinny

HAHAHAH!
Panos
11/10/2004  2:11 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Actually after the last game, Bill Parcells chided the media because they kept trying to get names out of him for who he thought was hurting the Cowboys the most. Bill Parcells said he wouldn't give any names and that he wasn't going to embarrass them.

Some players you can talk about to the media, some players you can't. The message has clearly been set to TT that his performance has not been appreciated. He has been boo'd by fans and benched for three straight games. And now because of your own personal anger you want Lenny to point out the obvious by whining about Tim to the media? The message has been sent loud and clear. Now you are simply making excuses for TT. If he wants to get his minutes back he needs to step up and play. It is not up to Lenny to give his entire teams scouting report to us through the media. Problems get fixed in practice not through post game interviews.

Whining to the media is just exactly what *TT* would do!
And that's exactly what I don't like about this guy!
If he didn't have such a big mouth perhaps we, the fans,
would be cutting him a little slack right now after only 3 games.
But after all that BS last year, and the boxing, and then
failing to bring it now (including against NJ in the preseason),
he gets little sympathy.
He's just a big mouthed putz.
diderotn
USA
11/10/2004  3:06 PM
Exactly, that is why I think that Lenny should use the media to motivat this young dude. If he is big enough to run his mouth through the media, I.E. talking about how he utilized the off season to box and toughing up his muscles, why is it that he is not using it. If I were in Lenny's shoes, that is exactly what I would have used to motivate him. Where is the toughness that he has been talking about, why is it that he keep on staying in the outside to do target practice? why no foul shots? etc. I don't see anything wrong with playing a little reverse psychology to motivate a player with a big mouth. Have him earn his argument through hard work.

Whining to the media is just exactly what *TT* would do!
And that's exactly what I don't like about this guy!
If he didn't have such a big mouth perhaps we, the fans,
would be cutting him a little slack right now after only 3 games.
But after all that BS last year, and the boxing, and then
failing to bring it now (including against NJ in the preseason),
he gets little sympathy.
He's just a big mouthed putz.
diderotn
USA
11/10/2004  3:31 PM
Here is a question to all of Newyorkers, when Marburry was going through his funk as an Olympian, it was said that he spent countless of hour in the gym shooting the ball, is TT taking such approach????? I have yet to read that he is doing just that. Sometimes little things like that can help a player out.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  3:55 PM
thats just the point... you dont know. You dont know how hard he's working, or what his coach with 25 years of experience is telling him. Lenny is a HOF player and a HOF coach. You dont think he's dealt with a player like TT before? Also we are talking about 3 games here. TT started like this with us last year, then he had one great game and just snapped out of it. Thats how sports are.

Dont micro analyze. Save it for football where they play once a week for 4 months. The NBA season is long...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/10/2004  4:46 PM
That's the funny thing about this argument. A month from now TT will put up back to back 20 pt nights and dominate the fourth quarter of a game and we will be saying he's finally getting it. Then a week after that he will shoot 5% from the field and we will be calling Lenny stupid for running out of Freedom Bread.

That's the nature of TT. It doesn't matter who's coach, that's just who he is.
I just hope that people will like me
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/10/2004  7:01 PM
NY has a chance to be ok , but one problem is the need of motivation to play hard from within or coaching staff. Playing in front of the garden crowd doesn't do it for some of the players anymore. Guys like Ariza don't need motivation he's only 19. What the knicks need are self starting Vets and players who are young and hungry, then and only then will the Garden bring a buzz that we are all accustommed to.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
The day after........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy