Eight man rotation
Author Thread
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
11/10/2004  4:56 AM
Nine with HOuston back.

This is what we gotta do. Leave all the deadwood on the bench. Have a starting line of

Steph
Craw
TT (also deadwood i know, but give him time)
Kurt (Sweets later in the year)
Nazr

Have a bench of Ariza, Penny, Sweets(Kurt) and Crawford when Houston gets back.

I know its tight, but whats the use of playing guys who you know are just gonna f**k thinks up out there.

BTW thats 15mm of contracts on the bench, doing nothing but making it shiny. Not somethink we would see in the Laydog era.

Wadaya think?
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
AUTOADVERT
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
11/10/2004  6:26 AM
Depth is one of this team's strengths. I think it would be unwise to not take advantage of that. Nazr had a good game last night but you know they'll be nights where he's just awful. TT too has shown major inconsistency. In these situations it helps to have JYD and Baker as backups.

Obviously when Houston comes back, I think he, Craw, and Marbs will get all the backcourt minutes, forming the 3-guard rotation that Isiah envisoned. If you want Penny in the rotation, it would have to be at SF. That means either cutting TT and/or Ariza minutes, or playing TT more at PF. If you want to pkay TT at PF, then I can see the logic of permanantly benching Baker and JYD

firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
11/10/2004  6:40 AM
first off, if craw if gonna play both at pg and sg, there will be space for penny at sg as well, with a little bit of sf when Ariza has the rookie blues.

Second, trust me im not happy with the way TT is playing now, but at this point in the season, hes our only option to start at SF. So we gotta make do. I mentioned inn another thread about trading him for Pietrius. That would give us some serious defensive solidity.

Alsio, your right about Nazr having bad days. But the plus is that KT will be backing him up at Center, so we dont even have to worry about how bad Vin will be on any given day.

So far Vin = Very bad.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/10/2004  7:01 AM
TT too has shown major inconsistency.

No, he's been very consistant. He's sucked every game this season. Hopefully it's just a couple more games before he breaks out. If not, I can tolerate watching Ariza .
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  9:22 AM
I am inclined to agree on the 8-9 core guys, but some of the others clearly have a role. Jerome Williams gives you something, even if its just for one stretch. Vin Baker will have his moments as well.

I see no reason Moochie, Brewer or Bruno should ever come into a game. Same with Shandon.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Eight man rotation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy