[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trevor Ariza vs. Andre Iguodala PART 2

Author Poll
martin
Member: #2
USA
I did lock the other thread to start a new topic AFTER we have seen them play. Who would you rather have on your team.
Trevor Ariza
Andre Iguodala
View Results

Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
11/10/2004  9:42 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Anyways, Can everybody see now why I think Ariza reminds me of a young Scottie Pippen?

I see resemblance, although I did not see Scottie in his younger years. Ariza's got to add some bulk.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/10/2004  9:42 AM
Posted by fishmike:

At this point the main thing with Ariza will be resigning him next year to avoid an Arenas or Boozer fiasco.

Yeah, I was surprised IT did not sign him like the way Layden signed Lampe. He should have given him 3 years.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
USA
11/10/2004  9:46 AM
Posted by fishmike:

At this point the main thing with Ariza will be resigning him next year to avoid an Arenas or Boozer fiasco.

That'll be the proverbial day the music dies for the Knicks, IF Ariza keeps growing and the Knicks don't resign. I don't want to be around if that happens.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
11/10/2004  9:54 AM
At this rate, Ariza will need a max contract in a few years. :)
The most amazing thing is that he's so active that offensive players aren't able to take advantage of his relative lack of bulk and muscle him around.

Iguodala is tough as nails--- he's built like Vince Carter with similar athleticism and better defensive instincts. Iguodala has a very nice post-up game (posting up the 6'10" Thomas?!? Give me a break!)... I could see him turning into a 20ppg-type swingman.

Then again... there are other buff swingmen out there who had flashes of brilliance, but never quite panned out (Dion Glover, Bonzi Wells).

I wonder what happened during the pre-draft camps that Ariza fared so poorly in the draft. It worked out for us, but it looks like we may have discovered the next Jefferson.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/10/2004  10:06 AM
Iguodala played in college for 3yrs, Ariza played in college for 1. Ariza also cracked the rotation for the KNICKS as a 2nd rd pick. And now in the history books for the Knicks as the youngest player to ever play for us. He accomplished a very very hard task.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2004  10:12 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

That'll be the proverbial day the music dies for the Knicks, IF Ariza keeps growing and the Knicks don't resign. I don't want to be around if that happens.
I'm not worried about it. The Garden has cash. Boozer and Arenas bolted because their teams didnt resign them after one year. Instead they picked up their options which had them playing at 700k for the 2nd year. We will be smart and do what Dallas did. NOT pick up the option after he agree's to a long term contract. This is exactly what Dal did with Marquis Daniels. They used their MLE. Its a fair market deal also... James Posey and Daniels are both making that kind of cash.

The other motivation for Ariza to take such a deal is not only the guarenteed $$ but he's playing his 2nd year in the NBA at the $3-$4mm range, instead of at 700k with no guarentee. At 20 its hard to turn your back on that kind of security.

Isiah is in a good situation w/ Ariza. HUGE kudos for getting this kid.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/10/2004  10:38 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

I'm not worried about it. The Garden has cash. Boozer and Arenas bolted because their teams didnt resign them after one year. Instead they picked up their options which had them playing at 700k for the 2nd year. We will be smart and do what Dallas did. NOT pick up the option after he agree's to a long term contract. This is exactly what Dal did with Marquis Daniels. They used their MLE. Its a fair market deal also... James Posey and Daniels are both making that kind of cash.

The other motivation for Ariza to take such a deal is not only the guarenteed $$ but he's playing his 2nd year in the NBA at the $3-$4mm range, instead of at 700k with no guarentee. At 20 its hard to turn your back on that kind of security.

Isiah is in a good situation w/ Ariza. HUGE kudos for getting this kid.

The team option on the 2nd year gives Isiah a lot of leverage. He's not technically allowed to state it explicitly, but he can make it clear that he'll exercise the team option only if Ariza signs an MLE deal. So, Ariza's options would be (a) tell Isiah he'd rather play for the $700K for next year (and then possibly get a deal starting at well over the MLE); it's hard for a rookie to see this long-term, though; (b) thank Isiah for drafting him and giving him this oppurtinity and sign and MLE deal with the Knicks; or (c) pulling off a Boozer and leading Isiah to think he'd sign and MLE deal if we exercised his team option and then signing with a team that can give him more than the MLE. I'm a little worried about (c), but hopefully it won't happen.
Bonn1997
USA
11/10/2004  4:50 PM
If Ariza keeps this up, then how about this comparison: Kobe Bryant in his rookie season vs. Ariza in his rookie season?
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #737
USA
11/10/2004  5:18 PM
lolz wait a little for that. then youll be able to compare. Man.. it would be nice to have a young superstar in this team.
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/10/2004  6:10 PM
How the heck you gonna start a tread over? You didn't even give me my props for the "other post".....I want my props!!!

Anyway the game was awesome....

I think numbers wise the two guys matched up well..........BUT WAIT!!!! ARIZA HAD THE SAME STATS IN WAY LESS MINUTES!!!!

I think it was a decent match-up though. Andre seems to get a free ride with the the play by play guys.....especially with Clyde. Clyde was praising Andre like he was the greatest ball player he ever saw. Clyde is blind sometimes....

Ariza proved his worth.....If Timmy wasn't locked in for the small fwd spot he would be starting. I think Ariza has more than proved he is for real. He rarely makes a mistake. They talk about that Minnesota game like it was life and death. Ariza is for real.

Andre did get a dunk on Ariza on a spin move in the post that he finished with a two handed tomahawk. That was pretty nasty but Ariza was killing Philly and could of had something like 21 pts and 12 rebs if he played the same minutes as Andre.

Go Ariza!!!!1

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
11/10/2004  6:56 PM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

lolz wait a little for that. then youll be able to compare. Man.. it would be nice to have a young superstar in this team.
Kobe's rookie year: 15 mpg, 7 PPG, 1.9 RPG. I think Ariza can crush those numbers
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/10/2004  7:17 PM
22-1.
Trevor Ariza vs. Andre Iguodala PART 2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy