[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BskBALL.com - 1/30
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/30/2002  2:02 PM
01/30- B. GRANT ON THE BLOCK- We have been hinting and hinting, but its now basically a reality. Miami Heat forward Brian Grant is available. Meaning the Heat, will attempt to trade him and his hefty contract for 2 players who can improve their squad. With the Heat looking to split up the dollars currently invested in Grant, its likely they can find a deal before the trade deadline. One team with serious interest in Grant is the New York Knicks, although history may preclude a deal. A Knicks source suggests they have offered out a package which includes Charlie Ward, and Knicks forward Kurt Thomas for Grant. Considering the manner in which they pursued Grant prior to Miami landing him, its certainly possible a deal could take place.

This rumor just doesn't go away so it must have some truth to it. Thomas has been playing well, but i would still probably do it because Grant is a very talented player. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2002  2:47 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

01/30- B. GRANT ON THE BLOCK- We have been hinting and hinting, but its now basically a reality. Miami Heat forward Brian Grant is available. Meaning the Heat, will attempt to trade him and his hefty contract for 2 players who can improve their squad. With the Heat looking to split up the dollars currently invested in Grant, its likely they can find a deal before the trade deadline. One team with serious interest in Grant is the New York Knicks, although history may preclude a deal. A Knicks source suggests they have offered out a package which includes Charlie Ward, and Knicks forward Kurt Thomas for Grant. Considering the manner in which they pursued Grant prior to Miami landing him, its certainly possible a deal could take place.

This rumor just doesn't go away so it must have some truth to it. Thomas has been playing well, but i would still probably do it because Grant is a very talented player. Thoughts?

As much as Grant has been touted to be talented, I really don't think he would help the Knicks. Is he a stand out low post player? No. Superb rebounder? No, above average at best. Good contract? No.

Last year he averaged 9 rebounds and 15 points, without Zo in the lineup. This year: 7 and 9. I say he has been playing no better than Thomas.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BskBALL.com - 1/30

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy