[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Clippers Knicks Trade
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/9/2004  3:45 PM
The Clippers are rebuilding. Even though they have a good foundation in place I am sure Donald Sterling is looking to save money, and that means Elton Brand is expendable.

If we move TT and Sweets, we could get him, Brand is still young and he will give us 18 & 10 every night, and they have wilcox who is emerging.

They have a second year center, a rookie point guard, and a team that has no chance of competing. TT would be off the cap in a year, and they could slide Magette over to the two.

Nene is not coming, Kiki would never make that deal. And Sweets is another couple of years away from being the player he is supposed to be. And if we sign Haslip and really work with him maybe he can be a 10 and 8 guy at center?

That would give us.

Marbs
Craw
Ariz
Brand

Pretty solid....

Or do we wait to package Tim and Penny for a player at next years deadline?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/9/2004  3:49 PM
They can get more than that for Brand. Maybe when TT has an expiring contract contract next summer, we can trade him, Sweetney, $3 mil, and the player we get with our #1 pick for Brand, though.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/9/2004  4:03 PM
I thing we will have a good shot to get Brand (in the offseason or by next season's trading deadline because of the expiring contracts) but I would love to find a way to bring Wilcox who I think can be a better fit for us.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/9/2004  4:04 PM
Man,I been reading a bunch of trades involving sweets.I havent seen him play this season,is he playing that bad that you would want to jettison him already?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/9/2004  4:19 PM
We need a tall PF type player that can run on the break that can rebound around 7-8 a game. Somebody that can spot up for a 3 or drive to the hoop on occasion. Hmmm. Sounds like KVH.

KT, Sweetney and KVH would be a formidable front court. We would be running and gunning.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/9/2004  6:07 PM
What happened to Kaman. Is he injured.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/9/2004  6:18 PM
I want to see Sweets develop before we ship him off.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/9/2004  6:20 PM
Kaman is injured, but I am not so sure about giving up a lot to get brand, the guy has a hefty contract, and still he does not seem to be the player to score big down the stretch for the clippers, what makes you think he will do it here. Don't let the brand cliche of 20/10 fool you, this guy from what I have seen does not get those big baskets late, the knicks need that kind of down low force, a guy who can score late in games...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2004  6:35 PM
Posted by tkf:

Kaman is injured, but I am not so sure about giving up a lot to get brand, the guy has a hefty contract, and still he does not seem to be the player to score big down the stretch for the clippers, what makes you think he will do it here. Don't let the brand cliche of 20/10 fool you, this guy from what I have seen does not get those big baskets late, the knicks need that kind of down low force, a guy who can score late in games...

Wow, that surprises me to hear you say that. I love Brand's game, but I can't honestly say I've paid attention to late baskets by him either way. To me he is a great power forward who gets left off lists of the best PF's because of the lousy records of his teams.
Bonn1997
USA
11/9/2004  6:37 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Man,I been reading a bunch of trades involving sweets.I havent seen him play this season,is he playing that bad that you would want to jettison him already?
Sweetney's a nice young player, but it's not realistic to expect him to ever development into the kind of player Brand is. He's not nearly as long or quick
rain
Member: #353
USA
11/9/2004  6:48 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Sweetney's a nice young player, but it's not realistic to expect him to ever development into the kind of player Brand is. He's not nearly as long or quick
He's actually longer than Brand (wingspan) but definitely not as quick. Brand actually seems to have lost a step, the last time I saw him play (his knee was braced up). Wilcox is the guy I want, and would consider Sweetney as part of that deal. Let's see these guys with some real playing time.. when Kaman comes back, Wilcox won't get that time. Wilcox is as athletic as they come at the 4... he's never been given time to develop.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2004  6:53 PM
Posted by rain:
Posted by Bonn1997:

He's actually longer than Brand (wingspan) but definitely not as quick. Brand actually seems to have lost a step, the last time I saw him play (his knee was braced up). Wilcox is the guy I want, and would consider Sweetney as part of that deal. Let's see these guys with some real playing time.. when Kaman comes back, Wilcox won't get that time. Wilcox is as athletic as they come at the 4... he's never been given time to develop.

My opinion - Sweetney will develop into something special. He's got a unique game and he LOVES contact. He's a rare player who instinctively throws his body right into the fray (I know, too often for fouls). In college the guy just showed every year steady improvement and I think that's going to continue in the pros. I'd hold on to him unless we got offered a good center for him.
RonRon
Member: #246
11/9/2004  7:23 PM
i think sweetney will be a great player one day. However, if we really want brand, we are going to have to find a high first round pick for sweetney then use out own 1st rounder with hopefully tim thomas.

I think brands game fits marbary,crawford, and the general running game better than sweetney. Also its ez for brand and an X player to establish themselves in the front court. Brand can block and rb, plays great d, but is also undersized (therefore great knick in coming too haha) just think about it. Even vin baker will look better with brand out there and im talking about both ends.
Bonn1997
USA
11/9/2004  10:16 PM
Posted by rain:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Brand's wingspan: 7'5"; Sweetney's: 7'1" (at best average for PFs)
Clippers Knicks Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy