[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

there could be a nice entertainment value to getting blown out again
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/9/2004  12:50 PM
while i hope we don't, i wouldnt mind seeing the fall out of another blowout job or worse losing to the 6ers and 4 man clippers in succession before going into that road trip. I think it would almost outweight the thrill of victory.
lenny wilkens would likely have made the easiest 18 mm[that guy makes 6mm per? what r they thinking????????? thats riley money!] if he is canned 4 days into the season

isiah could blow his top, jump up into the crowd and start beating down woody allen and then deny it, blaming it on poor camera angles

james dolan might be seen sucking a pacifier in the corner while chanting 103 mm 103mm 103mm

herb williams could be starting C on the road trip

the new coach could be the younger malone, who brings back brendan and dick helm as his assistants

the mad dog will have a nervous breakdown recanting anything isiah failed at

the beat writers will capture a picture of layden in the rafters with a big grin on his face smoking a cigar

winning, ah its all right but losing big would be entertaining!
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  12:54 PM
maybe thats why they play 82.. you dont actually believe what you read in the post/DN do you? cmon man...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
11/9/2004  12:56 PM
This is a very sad thread. Cheer up.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2004  1:01 PM
this is what we were saying about Chaney but chill it's only been 2 games lol
LongIslandKnicksFan
Member: #496
USA
11/9/2004  1:43 PM
I want Wilkens out as coach and Isiah in as coach. There I said it. He made the team, now he has to lead them to the promised land.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/9/2004  2:21 PM
Funny thread. You're a true NYer. Excitement is good, whether it's causes are good or bad.

Maybe Dolan will put the franchise up for sale!
fishmike
USA
11/9/2004  2:23 PM
you think this is "the team" ????

Cmon... all Isiah has done is put some athletic guys together, and added/made room for some young players to develop.

"The team" is going to take 2-3 years at the very least to put together. Time is the only thing that will make the contracts go away and the flexibility to appear. We dont have to be under the cap but we need reasonable contracts to work with. We dont have them now, but after this year that will change very quickly.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/9/2004  2:59 PM
This team isn't remotely done. OBviously. I'm willing to give Isiah time to turn Tim, Nazr and Penny's contracts into something good either next summer or Feb 06.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
11/9/2004  3:17 PM
its just going to take some time. I think after 2 drafts and 2 offseasons we should be closer.

If we can duplicate this offseason next offseason I think we are in pretty good shape: get a core rotation player in the draft and get a bigman via S&T using an expiring contract.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2004  3:26 PM
close your eyes for a minute:

let's say there's a GM. he just got hired and he looks at his roster. it consists of eisley, ward, spoon, othella and dikembe among other players who's best days are either behind them or have never come. your new team is banking on a player coming off of 3 knee surgeries. your first round pick is on IR and your first round pick from the year before is benched.

fast forward 10 months later. your roster now consists of marbury, crawford, ariza, and a 1st round pick from IR clearly developing into something special.

now picture this GM, and imagine if he was WHITE!!!

ok, sorry, got carried away there for a second.

not one of you, not one of you would have hesitated for a second if you were presented with an opportunity to turn roster A into roster B.
BRIGGS
11/9/2004  3:51 PM
I did go to PS 230 in Brooklyn, Poly Prep, Fordham and my father used to have basketball wars with Billy Cunhingham in his high school days , but alas my roots have been in CT for a good 15 years. My wife went to Uconn and I have been transformed into a NEglander, but NY still runs through my veins. Im taking the George Costanza view on this team, I must find the entertainment value somewhere!
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2004  3:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

while i hope we don't, i wouldnt mind seeing the fall out of another blowout job or worse losing to the 6ers and 4 man clippers in succession before going into that road trip. I think it would almost outweight the thrill of victory.
lenny wilkens would likely have made the easiest 18 mm[that guy makes 6mm per? what r they thinking????????? thats riley money!] if he is canned 4 days into the season

isiah could blow his top, jump up into the crowd and start beating down woody allen and then deny it, blaming it on poor camera angles

james dolan might be seen sucking a pacifier in the corner while chanting 103 mm 103mm 103mm

herb williams could be starting C on the road trip

the new coach could be the younger malone, who brings back brendan and dick helm as his assistants

the mad dog will have a nervous breakdown recanting anything isiah failed at

the beat writers will capture a picture of layden in the rafters with a big grin on his face smoking a cigar

winning, ah its all right but losing big would be entertaining!

Guys this is monumental, Briggs is having fun! Its a good post, humor, sarcasim, and all with a bite!

Great post, its great when the medication kicks it! Its not our azzes and its just a game, and entertainment. this is entertainment!

Thanks Briggs!
DefAndReb
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #336
11/9/2004  4:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

let's say there's a GM. he just got hired and he looks at his roster. it consists of eisley, ward, spoon, othella and dikembe among other players who's best days are either behind them or have never come. your new team is banking on a player coming off of 3 knee surgeries. your first round pick is on IR and your first round pick from the year before is benched.

fast forward 10 months later. your roster now consists of marbury, crawford, ariza, and a 1st round pick from IR clearly developing into something special.

not one of you, not one of you would have hesitated for a second if you were presented with an opportunity to turn roster A into roster B.

Only for the same or less money. I've never liked Marbury, and I've always considered Crawford a major disappointment.

I do agree that Isiah is TRYING to put together a good team, and I agree with fishy that it will take another few years to make this team a contender. What I wonder is, did anyone tell Dolan that? Bet they didn't. I'll bet he thinks he got a deep playoff team for his $103m. I don't think he's under the impression this was supposed to take another 2 or 3 seasons. He's under the impression this is now a deep playoff team, favored to take the Atlantic.

He gave Layden the cash to take his shot, which ended up being Antonio McDyess. It was only once McDyess played in some games that Layden got fired, because Dolan saw that the supposed new star of the team wasn't all that great a player. If Dolan had watched any of McDyess before he was injured, he would have known that already. Now he's been told Marbury is some kind of great PG, which he never was. He's a streetballer with speed and some killer moves, but that's not what makes a great PG. Leadership and Bball smarts makes a great PG, and Marbury has neither. He's just a one-on-one, cut to the hoop guy, another dumb-dumb trying to be MJ.

Having been at MSG Saturday night (I'll be there tonight to see if they step up) I can say that, though everyone stunk in the game, the blame is more Stephon's than Lenny's. All NBA coaches do really is motivate their players (granted, Lenny failed miserably there). NBA coaches do not tell the players how to play, because it is assumed they know how already, save the really young guys. Sure, coaches give them some tips like "hey, your guy's getting a step on you, you gotta anticipate him" but they don't X and O until there's an inbound play. They speak in generalities like "we gotta want it more" and "we gotta get better on defense". They don't tell Marbury who to pass it to. Marbury decides what plays to run, who gets the ball.

Marbury is supposed to run the team when they're on the floor, and he failed to do so. In spectacularly bad fashion, mind you. But can we trade this cheap punk millionaire? Not until his contract is up, we can't.

So, we can only hope that these jerks become a good team. Any team i the NBA can look like a champion for one game, or one half or quarter, or sometimes even a few games in a row. But to be a champion, you have to be a winner at least 60 per cent of the time. Not 50. Not less.

Yeah, Briggs, I kind of want to see the collapse too, because I can't help but be smug and satisfied watching that piece of garbage Dolan fail. Too bad I bought a crapload of tix this year, thinking I'd at least have some fun at the games. My bad.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/9/2004  4:47 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by djsunyc:

Only for the same or less money. I've never liked Marbury, and I've always considered Crawford a major disappointment.

I do agree that Isiah is TRYING to put together a good team, and I agree with fishy that it will take another few years to make this team a contender. What I wonder is, did anyone tell Dolan that? Bet they didn't. I'll bet he thinks he got a deep playoff team for his $103m. I don't think he's under the impression this was supposed to take another 2 or 3 seasons. He's under the impression this is now a deep playoff team, favored to take the Atlantic.

He gave Layden the cash to take his shot, which ended up being Antonio McDyess. It was only once McDyess played in some games that Layden got fired, because Dolan saw that the supposed new star of the team wasn't all that great a player. If Dolan had watched any of McDyess before he was injured, he would have known that already. Now he's been told Marbury is some kind of great PG, which he never was. He's a streetballer with speed and some killer moves, but that's not what makes a great PG. Leadership and Bball smarts makes a great PG, and Marbury has neither. He's just a one-on-one, cut to the hoop guy, another dumb-dumb trying to be MJ.

Having been at MSG Saturday night (I'll be there tonight to see if they step up) I can say that, though everyone stunk in the game, the blame is more Stephon's than Lenny's. All NBA coaches do really is motivate their players (granted, Lenny failed miserably there). NBA coaches do not tell the players how to play, because it is assumed they know how already, save the really young guys. Sure, coaches give them some tips like "hey, your guy's getting a step on you, you gotta anticipate him" but they don't X and O until there's an inbound play. They speak in generalities like "we gotta want it more" and "we gotta get better on defense". They don't tell Marbury who to pass it to. Marbury decides what plays to run, who gets the ball.

Marbury is supposed to run the team when they're on the floor, and he failed to do so. In spectacularly bad fashion, mind you. But can we trade this cheap punk millionaire? Not until his contract is up, we can't.

So, we can only hope that these jerks become a good team. Any team i the NBA can look like a champion for one game, or one half or quarter, or sometimes even a few games in a row. But to be a champion, you have to be a winner at least 60 per cent of the time. Not 50. Not less.

Yeah, Briggs, I kind of want to see the collapse too, because I can't help but be smug and satisfied watching that piece of garbage Dolan fail. Too bad I bought a crapload of tix this year, thinking I'd at least have some fun at the games. My bad.

WELL SAID!
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
BRIGGS
11/9/2004  4:50 PM
I disagree about Mcdyess. If he stayed healthy, the Knicks wouldve been a monster to contain with in the east and couldve gone to the finals . the problem I had with it was the huge risk associated with his particular type of injury. Mcdyess in the east was a 24-12-2.5 monster before his secondary injuries--- but the franchise couldnt take that risk and got hurt badly by doing so. when you make a major mistake like that, it could literally take years to get out of. But in Laydumb's credit, it was a reasonable ballsy move--he shouldve just taken Boozer with that late pick for insurance.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2004  4:52 PM
You don't like marbs do you? Ok, good point.

Dolan never woke up and realized a thing. He never really got it to begin with.

We are the last hope for the bloated, overpaid, the menatlly iregular, and the drunk. Isiah also has his ghosts.

Take away the hype of late, and really nothing changed except expectations.

Its a tough ticket to buy if your not using corperation money.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/9/2004  5:28 PM
Since the Knicks seemed destined for the lottery ;-), who will be the top three players in the draft?
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
11/9/2004  5:59 PM
Yeah. I hope they go 0-82.

I've been reading some stupid things on this board, but hoping your team loses is absolutely retarded.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/9/2004  7:32 PM
Posted by eViL:

I've been reading some stupid things on this board, but hoping your team loses is absolutely retarded.

Amen, brotha... Some folks can't "positive" themselves out of a paper bag nowadays, but had so much optimism a year ago when the Knicks situation was exponentially worse...

I wanted the Knicks to lose at this time last season in order to bring about the regime change that has happened. We are in a better situation now than at anytime in the recent past, and will continue to improve. OK the season got off to a slow initial start, But why boo-hoo and naysay and cry like little babies about our situation which has so much upside? Real Knicks fans man up to the situation at hand.

IMO there's no reason for all this hate on the Knicks after losing two damn games. Hating on a GM/Prez who is driven by the desire to WIN? Hating on our Star (YEAH, STAR!!! one of THE best @ his position) PG who is a hometown talent and always dreamed of being a Knick?

MAN THE HELL UP!!! GO KNICKS!! ALL BALL!!!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/9/2004  10:29 PM
With Marbury and Iverson side by side, you could tell which one was the pass first player. I don't think I've ever seen Iverson make a play like that one where Marbury had no defender in front of him on the break but passed it to Ariza to let him score.
there could be a nice entertainment value to getting blown out again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy