[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Denver and NY a trade match made in heaven...
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/9/2004  11:28 AM
I have watched Denver, the team that is heavily picked this year to do great things, get undressed twice by the Utah Jazz. Now I know it is too early to panic for both the knicks and Nuggets, but after watching the nuggs last night, I am convinced they need another scorer on that team....

The knicks plain and simple, need a beast down low..

I was thinking of giving denver TT and Nazr for nene and Rodney white...

I am not a huge fan of white but he can shoot the rock, Nene will give us the beast inside we need.. Why for denver.. TT as much as we are on this guy, can still score, handle the ball and when he wants rebound, Denver needs another scoring option, a player who can create his own shots, outside of melo, they really don't have that type of player, Andre miller is better at setting other guys up.. The nuggs are getting beat because they are having to struggle to get points, guys like kenyon and camby are taking shots they should not take, and you can even see melo pressing to score... I think both teams can help one another and a guy like nazr would be great comming off the bench for the nuggs, he can give them some points and boards and not have the burden of putting up starters numbers..

Just a thought here guys....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
tkf
11/9/2004  11:30 AM
Now I know the salaries don't match but we would have to have Denver give nene a extension before we make the trade..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
11/9/2004  11:35 AM
Unless TT & Nazr can come back to their form from late last season...

TT and Nazr < nene and Rodney white

The value of TT & Nazr are at their lowest right now.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
11/9/2004  11:37 AM
Posted by SKY:

Unless TT & Nazr can come back to their form from late last season...

TT and Nazr < nene and Rodney white

The value of TT & Nazr are at their lowest right now.

You hit the nail on the head.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/9/2004  11:44 AM
Denver needs a scorer what scorer are you giving them. Nazr, he isn't a scorer and if TT was a scorer I don't think you would be thinking of trading him. Your trading TT because he isn't scoring so why would Denver want him if he isn't scoring.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/9/2004  11:44 AM
You think Kiki wants TT and KMart in the same team?
Kwazimodal
Member: #728
11/9/2004  11:47 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

You think Kiki wants TT and KMart in the same team?

Forgot about that one! It would be interesting to say the least.
NYKBocker
USA
11/9/2004  11:47 AM
I think Kiki would counter that trade offer with Nene/Skita for Crawford.

I don't know how I would feel about that trade.
SKY
USA
11/9/2004  11:52 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

i'd do that trade.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/9/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by SKY:
Posted by NYKBocker:

i'd do that trade.

As would I.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/9/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by SKY:
Posted by NYKBocker:

i'd do that trade.

I would do that trade too.
NYKBocker
USA
11/9/2004  12:08 PM
but...who would be our 2 guard till Allan comes back? Ariza? Maybe move Starbury to 2 guard and start Brewer or Moochie at the point.
SKY
USA
11/9/2004  12:12 PM
I'd worry about that later. It's a lot harder to find a decent big man than a SG. At worst, we'll start Penny or Shandon... but at least we'd have a young quality big in Nene
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/9/2004  12:35 PM
no team wants our present crp. if we had trouble trading KT who makes half of what some of these other guys make, who and how do you think they want the other availables?

we have to play it out for awhile here, i think they will stick with nzar and tt to the death tonight.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/9/2004  12:35 PM
Denver is not going to take on any salary IMO...they are slated to have ~20M in cap space next year to sign Dre and another Top tier FA. I don't think Kiki cares how bad they play this year.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2004  12:42 PM
I would do that trade too but I agree with Andrew, Kiki isn't desperate enough to take on a SG at a high price when he can find someone for much less that can get the job done.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  12:47 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no team wants our present crp. if we had trouble trading KT who makes half of what some of these other guys make, who and how do you think they want the other availables?

we have to play it out for awhile here, i think they will stick with nzar and tt to the death tonight.
as it should be
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
11/9/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by Vmart:

Denver needs a scorer what scorer are you giving them. Nazr, he isn't a scorer and if TT was a scorer I don't think you would be thinking of trading him. Your trading TT because he isn't scoring so why would Denver want him if he isn't scoring.

no true, scoring is not our problem, I want to trade TT because we need an inside presence, not because he is scoring... TT is not going to continue scoring 4ppg, he is a career 14ppg scorer, and has a soon to be expiring contract, I thought denver might bite on that one...
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/9/2004  1:13 PM
Tkf, shame on you requesting a gm(KIKI) who has his head on straight taking back our wannabes. What the Denver Nuggets need is a coach like Phil Jackson. Isn't he living in Montana somewhere out there near Denver. His presence alone would make melo, Martin, Miller play team ball and stop the ISO crap and because of his 9 rings they would have to respect what he says. Denver's head coach right now gets no respect , he's a lame duck coach that has no extension on the horizon and the players know it so they are doing what ever they like.
Posted by tkf:

I have watched Denver, the team that is heavily picked this year to do great things, get undressed twice by the Utah Jazz. Now I know it is too early to panic for both the knicks and Nuggets, but after watching the nuggs last night, I am convinced they need another scorer on that team....

I am not a huge fan of white but he can shoot the rock, Nene will give us the beast inside we need.. Why for denver.. TT as much as we are on this guy, can still score, handle the ball and when he wants rebound, Denver needs another scoring option, a player who can create his own shots, outside of melo, they really don't have that type of player, Andre miller is better at setting other guys up.. The nuggs are getting beat because they are having to struggle to get points, guys like kenyon and camby are taking shots they should not take, and you can even see melo pressing to score... I think both teams can help one another and a guy like nazr would be great comming off the bench for the nuggs, he can give them some points and boards and not have the burden of putting up starters numbers..

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
tkf
11/9/2004  1:16 PM
Posted by playa2:

[quote
Tkf, shame on you requesting a gm(KIKI) who has his head on straight taking back our wannabes. What the Denver Nuggets need is a coach like Phil Jackson. Isn't he living in Montana somewhere out there near Denver. His presence alone would make melo, Martin, Miller play team ball and stop the ISO crap and because of his 9 rings they would have to respect what he says. Denver's head coach right now gets no respect , he's a lame duck coach that has no extension on the horizon and the players know it so they are doing what ever they like.

Posted by tkf:

[/quote]

playa, shame on you, what is it now phill is a magician? all of a sudden denver is going to become a "team" once he comes, heck he could not get Kobe and shaq to play team ball even after they won 3 rings together... I think Denver is as flawed as we are, they have big money tied up in 2 very similar players in Kenyon and camby, well over 100m, their bench is thin and they have no real SG, none at all, that is not a team that is going to contend as they are trying to fool people into believing...
Denver and NY a trade match made in heaven...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy