[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insider Report - 1/30
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2002  10:13 AM
Chad has recapped a NY Post article today <yawn>...

Despite sucess, Knicks still looking to deal

A week ago, in the throes of an eight-game losing streak, the Knicks were a structurally flawed team doomed to a few years stuck in the cellar scratching lottery tickets.

Four consecutive wins later, and suddenly the Knicks have more than a pulse -- they suddenly have a swagger.

While Kurt Thomas, Latrell Sprewell and Allan Houston have all picked a good time to start hitting some shots and playing defense, the recent boon hasn't deterred Knicks president Scott Layden from pursuing a blockbuster trade.

Several league sources told Insider that Layden is still calling, trying to put together a package centering around Sprewell that will give New York another inside presence or an All-Star-caliber point guard.

Layden's wish list has grown over the last few weeks from young studs like Raef LaFrentz and Lamar Odom to more sketchy prospects like Vin Baker and Erick Dampier. Can Layden pull off a deal?

It will be tough. The teams that have players Layden is interested in don't like what Layden's offering. He has several possible deals in the works if he can find a third team to facilitate a trade. But with rampant fears that the NBA salary cap could actually be going down next year, very few teams are interested in the Knicks' package of overpaid players.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/30/2002  10:20 AM
I'd love to get Lamar Odom and Raef LaFrentz by only trading Sprewell and extras, but i don't think that could happen. I have heard a deal involving Marcus Camby and Charlie Ward for Danny Fortson, Mookie Blaylock, and either Marc Jackson or Erick Dampier and that deal would probably benifit us a lot, but i still don't want to trade Camby just yet. I'd love to just get Dampier or someone like him without getting rid of one of the big three, but thats becoming harder and harder to do. I would still like to get Nick Van Exel, especially if we could deal Houston in a trade for him.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/30/2002  12:31 PM
I'm not in favor of any trades right now, but please, whatever you do Layzee, don't trade Sprewell.
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2002  12:34 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

I'm not in favor of any trades right now, but please, whatever you do Layzee, don't trade Sprewell.
I agree Spree is the heart and sole of the team and he has kept them together and helped gotten them focused again. We have beaten many good teams in the east and are one good player away from being a contender. This may have to come in the draft though. Yao Ming anyone?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/30/2002  2:54 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I have heard a deal involving Marcus Camby and Charlie Ward for Danny Fortson, Mookie Blaylock, and either Marc Jackson or Erick Dampier and that deal would probably benifit us a lot, but i still don't want to trade Camby just yet. I'd love to just get Dampier or someone like him without getting rid of one of the big three, but thats becoming harder and harder to do.

Camby and Ward for 2 big men, bench fodder and the chance for Eisley to earn his money. The Knicks might loose shot blocking and quickness at the 5 spot, but would gain a couple of guys who could haul down some boards. I would do this trade.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/30/2002  6:47 PM
Not only that, but we would have a couple of large men who are easier to trade as everyone wants height. Especially since the upcoming draft is simply loaded with guards we could have a very fruitful offseason trades for either draft picks or quality guards.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/30/2002  8:09 PM
If there was a trade involving Spree, I would want Odom back to play 3. The person I would want to get rid of is Camby for a consistent scorer like LaFrentz, but with the wins keep coming, they really don't need a win.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2002  9:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If there was a trade involving Spree, I would want Odom back to play 3. The person I would want to get rid of is Camby for a consistent scorer like LaFrentz, but with the wins keep coming, they really don't need a win.

Layden won't trade Camby for LaFrentz that has already be established. I don't think i would do it anyways. LaFrentz is no more of a center than Camby is.
Insider Report - 1/30

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy