[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Too Suhr with love! What they do, they smile in your face, all the time wanna take your place....,
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2004  10:44 AM
Back stabbers.......The O'Jays.....a long time ago.

Petes got a different take this moring.

Us KoolAide intoxicated readers only have the media to rely on. They control us. Petes not a bit itch like some of the beat writers.

November 9, 2004 -- LENNY Wilkens was last seen late yesterday Krazy Gluing himself into his lawn chair on the Garden floor for tonight's game against the 76ers and for the little activity that appears to remain on his three-year, $5.75 million per guaranteed contract.
After two games, both losses, the most recent a 34-point home humdinger to the Celtics, who were fresh from two straight demoralizing defeats in Boston, Wilkens' long-time loyalist, Dick (no longer at the) Helm, was replaced on the bench by personnel director Brendan Suhr, among the all-time league leaders in disloyalty.

The Knicks' official position is Helm — Wilkens' only non force-fed assistant — has pressing personal matters to address. Those in the know maintain he was fired, same as he was in Atlanta and Toronto when it finally dawned on the dead that Helm had less than Lenny to contribute.

Believe what you want, but I suggest you go with your gut and rely on good old-fashioned intuition if interested in putting a trace on the truth. Better yet, trust your eyes. Instincts may not be an exact science but seeing is believing. From this game forward, until Wilkens is waxed and permanently reassigned to a museum, he'll have Suhr coaching alongside him and Tex Winter, er, Mark Aguirre behind him; how bad must he feel not to get upgraded to first class?

Both assistants are beholden to Isiah Thomas. Neither would be in the NBA if it weren't for him (naturally, that also goes for Wilkens, as well as the majority of the staff). Not that being indebted to him assures a pledge of allegiance. Not that it even matters. In Suhr's case, it's definitely to the contrary.

Suhr, I can speak from first hand knowledge, has made a career out of subverting coaches and people who've given him jobs, chances and support. Hubie Brown was the first to experience his unfaithfulness. Despite the fact Brown gave Brendan entrée into the league as his Hawks assistant, Suhr constantly badmouthed Hubie behind his back; Brown stopped talking to him years ago.

Suhr's back-stabbing and betrayal has shadowed him almost everywhere he's gone, the lone exception being his tours under Chuck Daly with the Pistons, Nets, and Magic. His last pit stop in Detroit lasted only a matter of months in 2000 before Joe Dumars, who never utters a disparaging word about anybody, severed their relationship when Suhr allegedly undercut head coach George Irvine.

Thomas hired Suhr as his right hand man when he bought the CBA. They were supposed to link up again when Thomas got the Pacers' coaching job. That's when Suhr accepted the player personnel job under Dumars. Thomas found out he'd been deserted during a ceremonial visit to the Palace when he accidentally ran into Suhr in the press room.

Clearly, Thomas is just as likely to reward a friend or an associate regardless of fidelity. His motto must be: "How are you gonna undermine me if you're not working for me?"

At any rate, the bottom line is, as of yesterday, Don Chaney has more job security than Wilkens. That'd make anybody trying to hold on solder themselves into their seat.

Never again will we see Wilkens stand for the national anthem (the artist formerly known as Chris Jackson has been hired to rise in his place), or shout instructions, or huddle with players away from the sanctuary of the bench. One false move and Lenny's liable to be unseated in more ways than one.

For the time being only the appearance of what passes for Wilkens' authority has been commandeered. For the time being that'll have to suffice.

At this untimely juncture, firing Wilkens might be right for the Knicks but thunderously wrong for Thomas.

Bouncing Wilkens wouldn't exactly inspire confidence in Camp Cablevision to allow Thomas to keep his giant allowance. Wouldn't exactly look good on his management resume. Not after all the smoke he's blown up Lenny's carbonator. Not after the fusillade of shimmering compliments he's bestowed on Lenny since importing him from his home in Seattle at the midway point last season:

"Always my first choice; a great fit; forget more about basketball than most coaches will ever know; Hall of Fame this, Hall of Fame that . . . "

No, if Thomas vaporized Wilkens now—or even dumped him later on this season—it would be an overt admission of gross incompetence.

Surrounding him with his boys is his only way out. And if that doesn't do the trick I guess he can always hire NBC and the Arizona Diamondbacks to do a Lenny background check.

Who will succeed Wilkens, you ask? Whoever does the best job of screwing over Thomas. So far, Butch Carter is the prohibitive favorite.

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.
Copyright 2004 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.
AUTOADVERT
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
11/9/2004  12:08 PM
i know how it feels when no one responds to your thread...

so how are you doing today?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  12:50 PM
I could respond by making something up, sounding as if I know everything and stating my far fetched opinions as fact, but as usual Vescey has already done that
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2004  4:17 PM
Posted by SKY:

i know how it feels when no one responds to your thread...

so how are you doing today?

I did not realize this article was posted already, and 15 other threads about Lenny losing his dick.

The obvious thing that was missing today was when Isiah asked Lenny to put his Dick behind the bench, or behind him.

If your boss tells you to put your dick behind you, there is a message to be heard.

He is telling you to Phuch yourself!
Too Suhr with love! What they do, they smile in your face, all the time wanna take your place....,

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy