[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah is shaking things up a little.......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/9/2004  8:16 AM
Lenny is given an ultimatum, you can either find a way to motivate the players every night or you will be fired as soon as possible. Frankly, I like that move very much. As much as some folks, jounalists to be exact, are criticizing the move, I do believe that Isiah has taken the right approach. Lenny needs some body to lightup a fire up of his a&&. I don't know if the move will pay divident as soon as tonight, but we should be able to see guys like TT, Naser, and all of the other sleep walkers to be on their A game tonight.

The hell with Vescey's analogy, Isiah do what you have to do. We, Knickebockers are tired of the style of basketball that our team is playing.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
11/9/2004  8:51 AM
Wait so Isiah is mad that he put together a team, that said they didn't play as hard as they could have in the opener and its the (hand picked) coaches fault.

I am sorry, but if you can't get excited and motivated to put on a show for the people that pay your overpriced, pot smoking, playstation playing, unappreciative asses, than plan somewhere else.

Isiah had to have him to make a splash, when the coach he shouls have waited for was Doc Rivers. Who the hell does Isiah think he is going to get to coach this team?
diderotn
USA
11/9/2004  9:23 AM
There are plenty of options. Wait and see. Isiah will, I repeat, will find a way to get productions out of this squad. Lenny's passive attitude will not sit well in N.Y. nor with Isiah.

Posted by MS:

Wait so Isiah is mad that he put together a team, that said they didn't play as hard as they could have in the opener and its the (hand picked) coaches fault.

I am sorry, but if you can't get excited and motivated to put on a show for the people that pay your overpriced, pot smoking, playstation playing, unappreciative asses, than plan somewhere else.

Isiah had to have him to make a splash, when the coach he shouls have waited for was Doc Rivers. Who the hell does Isiah think he is going to get to coach this team?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2004  9:32 AM
Posted by MS:

That's a good question and i don't know the answer to it. But I have no problme with Isiah firing the assistant and hopefully giving the whole team a thorough yelling at. While you don't overreact to one game like the Boston game, you don't give a message either that you're going to tolerate it. Ol' Dick there is a pretty lo-cost means of sending that message, if that's what it was. The bigger issue, of course, is they gotta ball like they did for 3 quarters against Minnesota, and if they do they will handily beat Philly. But they have to do it. ANd Lenny's got to be the one to direct it. And if at some point Isiah has to say it didn't work out and replace him, then he'd be steppping up and trying to fix a mistake and I'd support him on that. Vescey said firing Lenny would be good for the knicks but bad for Isiah. THat may be true but by doing what's good for the Knicks i think he'd benefit too.

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/9/2004  9:47 AM
So Isiah is angry with his own choice as coach. One that he praised as one of the great coaches in NBA history less than 1 year ago? So Lenny gets 9 months and 2 games this year before his job performance is questioned, with a team that Isiah put together, but Isiah gets as much time as he needs? When does Isiah ever take responsibility? Last year it was Layden's fault and injuries that they got swept in the playoffs, this year it's Lenny's fault, I guess next it will be the players fault even though Isiah is the one that put the team together. That must be some real strong Kool-Aid for some of you to accept all of this so freely.

What legitimate coach would want to work under Isiah? I say Isiah should just coach the team already and put up or get the hell out of town. The sooner the better.

If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/9/2004  9:49 AM
I didn't catch Isiah's ultimatum....can you link or put a quote up of it?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  10:05 AM
who said Isiah is angry with the coach? Who said Lenny's assistant was "forced" out? Last I read the only quotes that actually came from real people said nothing of the sort. Man, I think sometimes its harder to be a fan in this town than actually a part of a team thats lost their first 2 games out of 82. Unreal
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/9/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by fishmike:

who said Isiah is angry with the coach? Who said Lenny's assistant was "forced" out? Last I read the only quotes that actually came from real people said nothing of the sort. Man, I think sometimes its harder to be a fan in this town than actually a part of a team thats lost their first 2 games out of 82. Unreal

Yeah that's rough. I don't think it went down like that......though Isiah has done some weird things to people since he's been here.

I'll maintain that something will get done trade wise sooner than we think.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
11/9/2004  10:17 AM
Look at Isiah's track record, outside of playing and nothing is impressive.

Raptors-failed, made a couple of good picks, but he had great draft choices, stoudamire has fizzled in portland, camby is always injured

CBA-running for 30 years until Isiah took over, goodnight closed down

Pacers-first year he had a Pass-Second year
Tinsley
Miller
Artest
J-O'Neil
Brad Miller

Bench, Harrington, Bender, Austin C,
First round loss in the playoffs to the Celtics, with one of the better front courts in the league and Reggie Miller contributing. Just awful

NYK
First Trade-terrible made no sense
Second Trade-Marbury brought life back to the garden that remains to be seen what else he will bring
Third Trade-terrible, TT is garbage

Firing Chaney-no class

So Isiah made some moves, brought some excitment, preached to the choir, its his time, its his doing its his coach, no excuses
Norris, Marbury, Brewer, Crawford, Thomas, Baker, Ariza, JYD, NAZ are all your players, do something and shut up

fishmike
USA
11/9/2004  10:22 AM
The hell with Vescey's analogy, Isiah do what you have to do. We, Knickebockers are tired of the style of basketball that our team is playing.
Sorry.. werent you telling us all 2 weeks ago how Marbury was officially "here" as a leader? That TT would step up and show his great skills? 2 games and all thats gone? Geeze, this is why they play 82 games in the NBA. This team has talent, and had one pretty good game against one of the NBA's best teams and one incredibly awfull game. Thats it... two games.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/9/2004  10:34 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Sorry.. werent you telling us all 2 weeks ago how Marbury was officially "here" as a leader? That TT would step up and show his great skills? 2 games and all thats gone? Geeze, this is why they play 82 games in the NBA. This team has talent, and had one pretty good game against one of the NBA's best teams and one incredibly awfull game. Thats it... two games.

I think he was sticking up for Isiah.

I think he was saying he was sick of the style of play that was here since Riley.....slow ball.

He wants Isiah to keep doing his regular thing.

Sometimes I think you guys are just ready to jump down guys throats just to kill time on the job. Take a chill pill.....but don't do it if you get piss tests like I do!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
11/9/2004  11:00 AM
They were blown out on three occasions badly on the preseason, and Marbury and Jammal played about as good as they can the first game, so they nearly pulled it out.

But there is serious concern when you get blown out on your own floor, in the opener, after getting blown out during th
diderotn
USA
11/9/2004  1:08 PM
Sometimes I think that some of you fans just read but don't comprehend. Yes, I said nice things about TT, Marb, and others, but I am not naive enough to say that Lenny is a great motivator. Isiah is the president of that ball-club and must do whatever he can to instill some sort of life in that locker room. It is one thing if it was just one player playing lousy, but it was the whole team. In my opinion motivating players is a critical part of Lenny's job. We all know that he is old, but perhaps having a 71 year old assistant headcoach is a little too old to complement him. Lenny needs someone who is totally the opposit of him to be his righ hand man, someone who is agressive, sort of in your face type of dude to complement his passive style.

Yes, I do agree with Isiah 100%. A shake up is necessary, and perhaps that is exactly what this team and maybe Lenny needed to let the message sink in.

Posted by fishmike:
fishmike
USA
11/9/2004  1:16 PM
so Marbury would be a better leader if Lenny was giving him more motivation? TT and Jamal would fight harder over screens if Isiah fired the coach? The motivation will come in the minutes... when these guys are working hard their minutes will shrink. Plain and simple.

Please.. the coach is a VERY small part of the problem, IF there is a problem. Unless your getting Larry Brown, Lenny is as good as the next guy.

Ask Vince Carter? Yes... lets ask Vince Carter why the Raptors were better without him and Lenny coached a team featuring Chris Childs and Antonio Davis to the playoffs, with VC in street clothes.

Before Isiah came we had nothing. Every area lacked. Now at least we have some good players but are still horribly weak in the middle. We will win our 45 games this year, have some fun ones and some really bad ones and hope we can draft or S&T for a bigman next year.
diderotn
USA
11/9/2004  2:57 PM
How can you say such a thing? The Raptors were performing better because of JYD's intensity and along with Keon Klark. Besides, the players wanted to send out a message to Carter, therefore they did what they had to do to prove that Carter wasn't a team player. My only problem with Lenny is the fact that he is not clear with his message. After TT's slow performance, he has yet to come out and stated that TT needed to go to the line. If you have a guy who continues to shoot blank, you don't tell him to keep on shooting, specially if you know that he has other assets that he can use.

Posted by fishmike:

so Marbury would be a better leader if Lenny was giving him more motivation? TT and Jamal would fight harder over screens if Isiah fired the coach? The motivation will come in the minutes... when these guys are working hard their minutes will shrink. Plain and simple.

Please.. the coach is a VERY small part of the problem, IF there is a problem. Unless your getting Larry Brown, Lenny is as good as the next guy.

Ask Vince Carter? Yes... lets ask Vince Carter why the Raptors were better without him and Lenny coached a team featuring Chris Childs and Antonio Davis to the playoffs, with VC in street clothes.

Before Isiah came we had nothing. Every area lacked. Now at least we have some good players but are still horribly weak in the middle. We will win our 45 games this year, have some fun ones and some really bad ones and hope we can draft or S&T for a bigman next year.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2004  3:11 PM
man, what the hell is going on here.

everybody is in panic mode and ready to point fingers. unreal.

so being 0-2 means he must get fired or he's not motivating his players.

man, at the end of the year, if this team wins 45 games, then wouldn't that be a step in the right direction? for christ's sake people, before we all jump ship and become bobcats fans, let's see how we end up this season.

this is absolutely ludacris. you all sound like those idiots that call up mike and the mad dog.

we ALL know what our problems are but to be in panic mode after 2 games? man...

3 years is what a rebuilding usually takes, whether it's from scratch or on the fly. we gave layden 3 years, let's give isiah 3 years and see where we are.

how many times does this have to be said before each and every game is blown out of proportion. it's the body of work that makes up the season.
fishmike
USA
11/9/2004  3:37 PM
thank you so much....
It happens all the time in the NBA. The Magic just got beat by the Boobcats. Lets see how the Knicks play tonight. Lets see where we are after 15 games. If we are 4-11 I will be worried. Although I think 4-11 is exactly what the Heat were last year.
Isiah is shaking things up a little.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy