[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

andre kirilenko - the most complete player in the league
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/9/2004  12:58 AM
seriously folks, outside of shaq, is there anybody out there that can single handedly change the course of the game b/c of his mere presence on the court?

there are many great defenders in the league with ben and artest heading the list but i don't think neither of them hold a candle to kirilenko's help defense and he's right there with his individual defense as well.

steals, blocks, assists, rebounds - every single category, he contributes, every single night. the addition of boozer and okur has let him take even more chances - exhibit A. 7 blocks a game.

as for points - this guy drops 15-20 a night without one single play being called for him, amazing.

this will be layden's legacy...
AUTOADVERT
TheloniusMonk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #705
USA
11/9/2004  1:03 AM
Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/9/2004  1:50 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

I think Garnett is more versatile....Duncan isn't as versatile, but he is rock solid and a cornerstone elite franchise player...Andre is not in that category yet...Lebron may get there.....he needs time...
~You can't run from who you are.~
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/9/2004  2:01 AM
hes one helluva player. Hes not on the level of KG-Duncan-Shaq, but he sure is in the top 10. a throw back john havelichick type player

ill tell you this has gone unnoticed but check out chris wilcox. the guy is playing 5 and now is hooting 70+% and averaging 21 pts 8 rebounds+ 1 block
they beat the clippers tonight and correy maggette had 26 pts 21 rebounds. they have no bench at all, their PG stinks but corey brand wilocx and simmons are BIg physical athletic and skilled.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/9/2004  4:34 AM
I have wanted Wilcox on the Knicks since he left Maryland.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/9/2004  7:10 AM
Kirilenko schooled Carmelo last night. He's awesome. There was one play where Carmelo faked and got Kirilenko up in the air, but Kirilenko is so long that he was able to land and then jump again to block Carmelo's shot. That was an awesome play
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/9/2004  7:50 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
single handedly change the course of the game b/c of his mere presence on the court?
Sounds like Duncan and Garnett
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  9:20 AM
I love AK47. I was just having an arguement the other day with a coworker about how good this guy was, and that he deserved the max deal he got. One thing I said was AK47 was EASILY better than Carmello (at least at this point). My friend asked if their was Vulcan's on the planet I live on. 2 days later he watches the Jazz/Lakers game where AK has 8 blocks and literally mad Kobe a non factor. His exact comment was "dude... I'm here to eat crow. Your boy is sick."

The Jazz are going a long way... they almost rode AK to the playoffs last year. Now he goes back to SF and the Jazz add Boozer, Okur and Harpring comes back. They are going to be solid.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2004  9:36 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I love AK47. I was just having an arguement the other day with a coworker about how good this guy was, and that he deserved the max deal he got. One thing I said was AK47 was EASILY better than Carmello (at least at this point). My friend asked if their was Vulcan's on the planet I live on. 2 days later he watches the Jazz/Lakers game where AK has 8 blocks and literally mad Kobe a non factor. His exact comment was "dude... I'm here to eat crow. Your boy is sick."

The Jazz are going a long way... they almost rode AK to the playoffs last year. Now he goes back to SF and the Jazz add Boozer, Okur and Harpring comes back. They are going to be solid.

What's your take on Okur though? I'm thinking more and more he's way overrated and overpaid. FOr whatever reason Sloan has always seemed to like big underachievning centers that become his whipping boys. Maybe it's a result of his having played all those years with TOm Boerwinckle (guy made Ostertag look like Hakeem!).
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2004  9:51 AM
I do think Okur is overpaid because he got more money than Nesterovich and Rasho is better. BUT, I think the Jazz see Okur's value in their scheme and system and he's a solid fit there. He's skilled and a very good offensive player and he's a very good fit next to Boozer and AK. In terms of open market value I dont think Okur is worth what they gave him, but I understand as I think he makes them very good. The whole sum of the parts thing...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/9/2004  10:58 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

hes one helluva player. Hes not on the level of KG-Duncan-Shaq, but he sure is in the top 10. a throw back john havelichick type player

ill tell you this has gone unnoticed but check out chris wilcox. the guy is playing 5 and now is hooting 70+% and averaging 21 pts 8 rebounds+ 1 block
they beat the clippers tonight and correy maggette had 26 pts 21 rebounds. they have no bench at all, their PG stinks but corey brand wilocx and simmons are BIg physical athletic and skilled.

would you rather have Wilcox or Sweetney BRIGGS? Just curious. i've wanted Wilcox from the day of the draft, but i've heard several people saying Sweetney will be the better player in time...i was wondering what you thought.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2004  5:01 PM
AK was drafted by Laydog? Wow imagine waiting on a rookie to develope a few years into stardom. Say "Lampe"

I think Layden was doomed from day one as not rook ever played under Van Gundy or Done Chaney.

Im not a carmelo fan, not impressed with "Lil Bow wow-like mike" quite yet.

AK Drago and the Jazz are the team in the west. It won't take a half season for them to get it together. They need a point if Arroyo can't stay healty.

Funny, they are so very euro with Booze on the flank. Sloan and Brown with the pistons are old school doing it right.

Watching the Warriors last nite was painful, as the nuggets-mavs. Too much dumb shooting, field goal percentage just awful.
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
11/25/2004  12:12 AM
I don't know about most complete, but he definately should have won defensive player of the year last year and is on pace to do it this year.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/25/2004  1:56 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Thats exactly what I was thinking.
single handedly change the course of the game b/c of his mere presence on the court?
Sounds like Duncan and Garnett

hahaha
andre kirilenko - the most complete player in the league

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy