[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dunk Contest
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/30/2002  8:40 AM
So who deserve to be this year's dunk contest participants? I would love to see Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant return to the show. I also think Jason Richardson should be in it. Others who i also like are James Posey, Darius Miles, Eddie Robinson, Shawn Marion, and maybe even Pau Gasol because i know he can throw it down. Either way, i think they have to make this year's contest a lot better than last year's. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/30/2002  10:26 AM
I haven't seen a spectacular dunk by Pau Gasol but have seen some amazing power dunks by Stromile Swift.

Maybe Desmond Mason?

Definitely Jason Richardson and who knows if Kobe and Vince want to duel it out with dunks, would be awesome.
Hoopsologist
Member: #201
1/30/2002  4:38 PM
definitly want to see J-Rich. Too bad Eddie Robinson is coming off a major injury because he probably wont enter now. I agree with Miles,Mason,and Swift they are all nice dunkers for sure.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
1/30/2002  5:08 PM
I think I've seen Q. Richardson from the Clips throw down some nice dunks.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
1/30/2002  5:33 PM
Anyone know when the participants will be anounced?
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
1/31/2002  1:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/allstar2002/slamdunk/slamdunk_participants_020131.html
Knixkik
USA
1/31/2002  6:47 PM
Mason, Richardson, Francis, and Wallace do seem like a fun group. I wonder why they are only having 4, i thought they generally had 5 or 6, but oh well. I would have loved to see a Carter/Bryant matchup, but i guess we'll have to wait for that. This year's at least looks better then last year's. I can't see Mason winning it again.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
1/31/2002  7:10 PM
I read an article by Kenny "the Jet" Smith in Slam Magazine saying what modifications he'd make in the All-Star game, and he was saying how the fans should pick the dunk participants, which I agree on, because they would feel obliged to go. And raise the prize from 25,000 dollars to 1 million because some players are paid by their agents and endorsers not to play due to the possibilty of injuring yourself over nothing. Something I think they should do is have the fans vote and then the players picked that do the Contest will not have to do it for another two years, that way new players are always coming in and players aren't running out of dunks to do. Also, Smith suggested a one-on-one contest which I think is a fantastic idea. Iverson vs. Payton (Best offensive vs. Best Defensive), McGrady vs. Carter, Kobe vs. MJ, it'd be incredible.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
1/31/2002  9:20 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I read an article by Kenny "the Jet" Smith in Slam Magazine saying what modifications he'd make in the All-Star game, and he was saying how the fans should pick the dunk participants, which I agree on, because they would feel obliged to go. And raise the prize from 25,000 dollars to 1 million because some players are paid by their agents and endorsers not to play due to the possibilty of injuring yourself over nothing. Something I think they should do is have the fans vote and then the players picked that do the Contest will not have to do it for another two years, that way new players are always coming in and players aren't running out of dunks to do. Also, Smith suggested a one-on-one contest which I think is a fantastic idea. Iverson vs. Payton (Best offensive vs. Best Defensive), McGrady vs. Carter, Kobe vs. MJ, it'd be incredible.
A one-on-one contest would be an interesting and fun idea, but i think it would be a lot tougher to get the players to do it. If they would it be be excellent in the future.
Dunk Contest

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy