[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thud: The sound of failure and what to do about it?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2004  5:31 PM

Guys, lets be objective. The media whipped us into the postive spin and great expectations. The media is now in panic city.

The media is insignificant. Its not prudent to panic trade after two games.

Its also not Laydens fault what ever happens from now on. We are sold on Isiahs vision and after two games we are not happy, but if this does not work, its not Laydens fault, this is Isiahs puppy.

We talked about how we had to spend our way out of Laydogs collection and this is the new way. We are a little strung out now on assets, but its harder now to blow it up than a year ago.

Im not defending Laydog, but if dolan wanted to buy out players and fix mistakes, he could have. He is just as enamered with Isiah as we are and just days ago we praised his work, and now we look for scapegoats?

blame this on Lenny? Layden? Sorry, this is Isiahs golden moment and I am always so amazed by some of the short term thinkers posting.

I did not see the game last nite, but it sounded bad. There is a huge amount of pressure on these guys and they cracked. The words that they have been saying of late, and Isiahs comments all lead to this anticipated opening nite. It cracked and went "THUD!"

I have said this team could be a colossal Failure as much as it can succeed. Risks were taken, and risks were what most posters were saying should be made, and that Layden was not doing. Risk has downside. And sometimes it falls apart bad before it comes together.

I think in reading alot this afternoon the reaction is largly dissapointment.

This may not work this year, and this is why any pleas to not trade our pick is important. We can rebuild on the fly, and I beg that Isiah not panic and get a short term fix with a long term asset.

I'd rather suck and face the humiliation of the high payroll than starphuch into eternal mediacrity.

Isiah, if your out there, don't panic, start Azira and whip on TT to get his poop together. If Vin is in shape, let him start and get his timing. Hold onto KT, he is still a good big man, and better than anything you may get your hands on. DO not panic and sell us down the river with mortgaging the future for Cweb!

Remember, if this crashes and burns, Isiah can bolt but we are left holding the cards. I am on record for supporting Laydog to do the right thing and think long term. I believe last year he was doing that, but ran out of money and free passes from Dolan, mills and the league. I am supporting Isiah in the same fashion to do the right thing and not sell us out. I regret he pumped up the present to sell tix and hype, but what your seeing is the "WORK IN PROGRESS".

This is a team of underachiving players bought together to ressurect their careers at the expense of tix holders. Don't give up so fast! But remember, the reality may be that we are not that good, and giving up picks is NOT the way to success!

There may be a bug in the kool aid (bug juice), bjust fish it out and forget about it.
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/7/2004  5:38 PM
I totally disagree with you. It is way to early for you all to start panicking like that. Yes, It is Isiah's team, but Lenny has much to do with the failure of our squad so far. He doesn't know how to substitute and does in game planning. I can't believe that he could find ways to tell TT about his lack of foul shooting. It is one thing that he didn't do in the first game, but the next game there should have been some sort of adjustments. TT and Naser are the problems for now. When you have a bunch of big men that can't rebound and can't go to the line, your chances at winnining are not good. So, blame it on Lenny, TT, and Naser. Lack of defense??? Isn't that why we have JYD AND ARIZA? Why weren't they in the game? Why wasn't Ariza on Pierce as his defender? Lenny needs to drink some black coffee before each games from now on, because he be sleep walking on the side-line.
The true Knickabocker..........
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/7/2004  6:12 PM
I'm annoyed that JYD isn't playing much.....He played great in the opener the time he was in there.

Right now Lenny has to shake up his line-up right now to make his player wake up.

Start Sweetney, Ariza, KT, Marbs and Craw.....establish these guys right away because it seems like the Knicks look different from quarter to quarter. Start these guys right away and establish Sweetney on the line, get KT's jumper going, and try to force turnovers and fast break everytime they get a chance.

Have Timmy playing his Bucks role off the bench and make Nazr and Baker fight for their lives. Make JTD the first big man off the bench. JYD is too strong, smart, and intense to be sitting so much.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/7/2004  6:18 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I'm annoyed that JYD isn't playing much.....He played great in the opener the time he was in there.

Right now Lenny has to shake up his line-up right now to make his player wake up.

Start Sweetney, Ariza, KT, Marbs and Craw.....establish these guys right away because it seems like the Knicks look different from quarter to quarter. Start these guys right away and establish Sweetney on the line, get KT's jumper going, and try to force turnovers and fast break everytime they get a chance.

Have Timmy playing his Bucks role off the bench and make Nazr and Baker fight for their lives. Make JTD the first big man off the bench. JYD is too strong, smart, and intense to be sitting so much.

Again, as much as we all want to give Ariza more minutes, we simply can't or a team will offer him more than the MLE in the offseason. If there should be a change in the starting lineup, I think Sweets should get a shot at starting PF. For those that taped the game, watch it again. No one is blaming Kurt but he played poorly last night. At one point he didn't even box out Paul Pierce and Pierce got two or three offensive rebounds before laying it in. Nazr and Tim should stay in the starting lineup. We really need both to play well this season if we want to get past the first round of the playoffs. I think they will bounce back.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/7/2004  7:02 PM
Good post nalod, everyone wants to rebuild when things go wrong, but remember when you rebuild, you will have many more games like last night, the knicks decided to rebuild around crawford, and marbs, we have some nice young cheap pieces in Ariza and sweetney, I say let them play, soon we will be rid of Anderson, TT, and Houston, util then lets take the good with the bad, and pray for the best out of this team...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/7/2004  7:11 PM
in all honesty, this team couldnt panic if it wanted to. whats the value of our players? were married, for better or for worse and it can only get better baby anyway right? i hope:>(

it's funny because everytime i mentioned the possibility of a meltdown, i was quickly squashed by the knicks homer bombsquad who let me in on the fact we were over .500 with marbury and oh yeah the playoffs didnt count.

but the reality is we picked up a LOT of those wins against TANKING franchises who were void of depth, so its hard to correlate the crossover.

is marbury really the best PG in the league? No hes not. he doesnt rebound the ball he dribbles way to much and is not a good defender. hes a great player, but is he a 20mm$ player you build your team around---8 years of losing will tell you NO. we went that way and kept on going and this is what we have, one heckuva an expensive meatball pie of a team.

I agree with you dont panic, but if we do stink REAL bad for the first half of the year, im thinking that we may have to go the way of trading either crawford or Marbury and the standing player will be the PG. are you convinced that crawford can guard 2Gs in this league? would he be better off as a dribbler penetrator distributor--than a 30 foot launching pad?

hey we have 30-35 games to see whats up
RIP Crushalot😞
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
11/7/2004  7:27 PM
the celtics will be a good team this year, they have dangerous players and a new system under rivers that other teams will take time to figure out. it's not panic time, but we have to see what went wrong in this game and figure out how to compensate in the future. a lot of things went wrong all in one game to make it look that bad, but we will have a lot of the same obstacles every night so lets see what went wrong.

defense. the celtics shot extremely well. to their credit they are a good shooting team, but the looks we gave them were hideous. TT had inches on pierce and still played lazy and looked terrible. jamal got abused physically by ricky davis. i think we missed penny, he's stronger and more wily than TT and crawford. the team defense lenny supposedly worked on in camp was terrible. so many times we double teamed and gave up easy buckets. guys like KT and vin will only get in the way when they come out to the perimeter, and they aren't fast enough to get back to cover their man after. jsut looked bad, gave up more baskets than it prevented. a shotblocker would be huge, then we don't have to leave such a cushion on shooters. ok, we knew that already but this game made it clear, and the team D thing needs a lot of work.

on offense, i was in pain seeing us throw it into the post to TT, vin and KT way too much early, and putting up bad shots or making stupid passes. we looked best when marbury and crawford made good moves to teh basket and converted or set up other guys, and when sweetney got hte ball low. having TT try to post up was terrible, he only got in the way of drives to teh basket. guys were lazy without the ball, no one was moving, we ended up putting up a bunch of bad shots too late in the clock. we did get some good open looks, but couldn't knock them down, our shooting was terrible. houston will be nice to have back in whatever capacity his knees allow.

ok, that's my scouting report. we shouldn't read too deeply into one game. next is philly at home, we should come out pissed off and ready to rip some heads off. if we play that poorly again, well, i don't want to think about it.

[Edited by - Masterplan on 11/07/2004 19:28:33]
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/7/2004  8:47 PM
Believe it or not, a healthy Houston could really change things. Look at it this way - if Houston plays 30 mpg or so, the obvious effect is that Marbury and Crawford will get less minutes, and they will have more energy to penetrate and guard people. In addition though, Houston (though obviously not Ron Artest) might be a little more competent guarding the bigger SGs. And you wanted a consistent outside threat? Look no further than Houston. Because Dice was injured and the spree/houston/dice combo never got tried, I think people have forgotten how much a good shooter or two can spread the floor. Glass half full or empty the fact remains Houston was still a 20 ppg scorer last year while playing on dead knees.
http://allknicks.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2004  11:09 PM
Start Azira. Lets get the mistakes over early in the season.

don't worry about losing him, we can take care of him. We can even tell his agent we'll bring him along fast if you shake on MLE with an opt after 3 years and we can give him market value if he is worth it. Otherwise he goes 6 years.

Worry about getting him the minutes to develope.

BRiggs, take a deep breath and let it out. Good.
Thud: The sound of failure and what to do about it?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy