[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What about starting Ariza for defensive purposes?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/7/2004  11:53 AM
maybe moving TT back to the bench will light a fire under his arse. Ariza is the best wing defender by FAR. He gets into passing lanes and makes things happen.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/7/2004  11:56 AM
If we only had his bird rights, I would love that.
vdfebduderocks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #752
11/7/2004  11:58 AM
good defender, but can he play high energy consistely. is he experienced enough to know about each player's specialities to be a great defender in the league? Of course I'd start him, but I don't know if he's ready to handle the burden. Also, we need interior presence , rebounding, and outside shooting. How about against Phili, start Ariza against Iggy, start Sweets against the other KT, and start KT against Marc Jackson. Or put Sweets on Marc Jackson and KT on the other KT
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  11:59 AM
For the Philly game, I think we would be better off using the names "Kurt" and "Kenny".
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2004  12:15 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

maybe moving TT back to the bench will light a fire under his arse. Ariza is the best wing defender by FAR. He gets into passing lanes and makes things happen.

if they are going to bench TT, I would want JYD to start.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  12:16 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

good idea
Knicks_Fan
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/7/2004  12:22 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

You want to start JYD at SF? We need more scoring than that IMO. JYD is an energy guy. I think he would be perfect coming off the bench. I think Ariza has more offensive game than JYD.

I dont like the idea of moving TT to the bench! I think TT Crawford and Steph is a good combo. I also heard Isiah last night saying Craw is going to the bench when H2O is back. TT will be a good person to have in the starting 5 with H2O and Stephon.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  12:24 PM
You know, through all of this, I actually forgot about Houston. Can't wait until he comes back!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/7/2004  12:37 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

You want to start JYD at SF? We need more scoring than that IMO. JYD is an energy guy. I think he would be perfect coming off the bench. I think Ariza has more offensive game than JYD.

I dont like the idea of moving TT to the bench! I think TT Crawford and Steph is a good combo. I also heard Isiah last night saying Craw is going to the bench when H2O is back. TT will be a good person to have in the starting 5 with H2O and Stephon.

I don't like TT to the bench either, but Ariza would give up too much on the defensive end at the 3. Guys would post him up.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/7/2004  12:40 PM
Tim Thomas has been bad the first 2 game but he's not going to be that bad all season. Our biggest problem is at center and the lack of a disciplinerian as coach. Seems like the same problems all over again.

I would like to see Brewer come in while Penny is injured for Marbury and I can't wait til Houston comes back so Crawford can go to the bench, where he belongs. We have way too many streaky players right now with jamal, stephon, tim thomas and Nazr.

I also want to see Kurt at C and Sweetney at PF and more Jerome and less Nazr and Baker

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/07/2004 12:41:47]

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/07/2004 12:42:57]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/7/2004  1:33 PM
Start Penny at the 3 if anything...it's not fair to start a 19 year old kid who's just getting his bearings in the league right now...Ariza is better off the bench...you start him & you'll see him make boneheaded plays against the 1st team of the opposition...

TT needs to sit his butt down until he learns how to play w/some intensity.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/7/2004  2:35 PM
bench that fool
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
11/7/2004  2:46 PM
You guys are overreacting to a slump by TT imo. What is going to happen when Marbury or Crawford have a 3 for 14 shooting night? Or even worse, when they both are off? "Bench our starting backcourt!" I would be more worried if this is continuing after another few games.
http://allknicks.com
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/7/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Ariza is part of Isiah's long-term rebuilding plans, which would include not giving him enough playing time to get an offer for more than the MLE this summer. Keeping him on the team for many years is more important than winning right now, Briggs. You gotta look more at the long-term picture.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2004  3:46 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Ariza is part of Isiah's long-term rebuilding plans, which would include not giving him enough playing time to get an offer for more than the MLE this summer. Keeping him on the team for many years is more important than winning right now, Briggs. You gotta look more at the long-term picture.

I seriously seriously doubt that Isiah is going to dictate Ariza's minutes this year based on attempting to manipulate future offers from other clubs.
Bonn1997
USA
11/7/2004  8:15 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:

I seriously seriously doubt that Isiah is going to dictate Ariza's minutes this year based on attempting to manipulate future offers from other clubs.
Thanks; it's always entertaining to read a post where someone makes a statement without even giving a reason to support it
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2004  8:50 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Thanks; it's always entertaining to read a post where someone makes a statement without even giving a reason to support it

Okay here are a few reasons:

1. Isiah is very much about winning now - he's not going to keep a player off the court that he thinks can contribute to wins.

2. He wouildn't have started out with Ariza getting showcased during the preseason and then getting as many prime time minutes as he has in the first 2 regualar season games if his plan was the one you stated.

3. People in the league know who's valuble and will throw big money at them; it won't matter if they're "hidden."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/7/2004  9:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

WHAT? Let me tell you a fact. If ariza was playing like Luol Deng, he'd be getting 45 minutes night, EVERY night. Do you think one person in the Knick organization is fretting ariza's contract situation 2 years from now? Isiah wants and EXPECTS to win 45+ games and the Atlantic division RIGHT NOW. You dont spend over 200MM$ on salaries to try and lose to keep a 2nd round pick happy 2 years from now! this is a WIN now team, this whole thing about rebuilding is a fantasy--look at OUr roster--its full of long -tenured veteran players with a dash of young guys. Its no different from years past.

I dont know how many guys were old enough to remember, but we basically did a rebuild/retool type scenario in 1996 where we had 3 first round picks, had cap room for allan houston and chris childs[who were both the same age as crawford] and we pieced them in with what we had. but make no mistake--there was never a year where they didnt want to win every single game they could.

when you spend in a business the kind of money they are spending, the bottom line is net results. there is no blanket of *rebuilding* there its a bottom line of winning and keeping fans happy--do you think we would spend all of this money to try and not win?

if ariza could help the knicks win one more game this year by playing 30 minutes, hed be on the floor. hey im excited about trevor, but he is a a very slim piece of the meatball pie.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
USA
11/7/2004  9:18 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BRIGGS:

WHAT? Let me tell you a fact. If ariza was playing like Luol Deng, he'd be getting 45 minutes night, EVERY night. Do you think one person in the Knick organization is fretting ariza's contract situation 2 years from now? Isiah wants and EXPECTS to win 45+ games and the Atlantic division RIGHT NOW. You dont spend over 200MM$ on salaries to try and lose to keep a 2nd round pick happy 2 years from now! this is a WIN now team, this whole thing about rebuilding is a fantasy--look at OUr roster--its full of long -tenured veteran players with a dash of young guys. Its no different from years past.

I dont know how many guys were old enough to remember, but we basically did a rebuild/retool type scenario in 1996 where we had 3 first round picks, had cap room for allan houston and chris childs[who were both the same age as crawford] and we pieced them in with what we had. but make no mistake--there was never a year where they didnt want to win every single game they could.

when you spend in a business the kind of money they are spending, the bottom line is net results. there is no blanket of *rebuilding* there its a bottom line of winning and keeping fans happy--do you think we would spend all of this money to try and not win?

if ariza could help the knicks win one more game this year by playing 30 minutes, hed be on the floor. hey im excited about trevor, but he is a a very slim piece of the meatball pie.
It's not 2 years, Brigg's; the Knicks can exercise their option on Ariza's contract in 8 months
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/7/2004  9:31 PM
As much as I am not satisfied with TT's game, I also want to give him the benefit of the doubts. I would at least give him one more game to show that he truly doesn't want the starting position before yanking him for Ariza. Maybe he will get the picture after all the booing that he got and the Tiny Timmy article.
The true Knickabocker..........
What about starting Ariza for defensive purposes?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy