[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last night was terrible but fans are overreacting.
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/7/2004  12:19 PM
Fans can over react but I hope no one is serious about hating TT over Shandon! Lets not be so fickle. TT has no attention span. joec32033 said it best, its like TT has A.D.D! He pays attention for like 10 mins and then travels to his own world of Lucky Charms for the rest of the time. Shandon is not as skilled enough as TT plain and simple.

Its like Marv said, our players are inconsistent not losers. Its not an excuse! They should be held accountable but lets have some faith. Tuesday comes and the Knicks are going to be ready to ball. We will have our first win of the year. I cannot wait to see Crawford school the Philly backcourt!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/7/2004  1:01 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I swear, somewhere, Nets fans are reading these posts and laughing.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/07/2004 11:22:26]

you know it lol but they stink just as much but unfornately we have higher expectations
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/7/2004  1:38 PM
One thing I would mention is that Boston was more desperate for the win they we were. They had lost two heartbreakers to the Sixers and to the Pacers, but games they led late and lost. They were extremely focused and out for blood. The Knicks, on the otherhand, were wandering around in the afterglow of a packed Garden, insanely pumped fans and high hopes for something great. The Celts smacked them with a heavy dose of reality.

I've said all along that the Celts will be our main challenge for the division. They have more talent than the Knicks. They made their case last night, let's stay calm and focus on executing the offense and playing solid defense. It wasn't the defense that was awful last night, really, it was the offense that kept taking awful outside shots and turning the ball over. I was surprised to see they only had 19 TOs, it felt like 29.

They need to stop giving the ball to Kurt at the top of the key. Kurt can't shoot from there and he isn't a playmaker. Kurt needs to be on the wing. TT has shown he can be effective in the high post. Marbury and Crawford should be on the perimeter, with the guy not holding the ball coming off screens. I'd like to see more Marbs coming off screens when Jamal is at the top of the key. Nazr or Sweets should be down low, fighting for post position or vying for tip-ins....sounds simple, right? Well, they didn't do any of that. They need to execute on offense. With the best PG in the East, this should not be hard. If Lenny can't get this to work, sorry, but he should be fired.
¿ △ ?
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
11/7/2004  1:39 PM
Posted by Marv:

Last night was so bad that not only did I not want to post, I didn't even want to come to the board to read, I was too disappointed and discouraged. I needed to just get away from it for awhile. All right, so now it's the morning after, I've calmed down, I've read the posts - here's my 2 cents (may be actually be only 1.5): I don't think our players are losers; I think they're inconsistent. We are simply going to come up with nights like last night, just like we're going to come up with nights like last Wednesday and nights when we better that effort and get the W. I believe in the core of Marbs, Craw, Sweets and Ariza. These guys are on the court together for the first time; one's a rookie, one's a 2nd year player. I want to build around these 4. Gradually we'll upgrade the rest of the team. I'm not getting nostalgic in the least for KVH or Doleac just becuse TT needs a shrink and Nazr needs full-time one-on-one coaching. I'm all for an emotional purging by the fans like I read on this board. I chose to dissociate for a while, others chose to rage - it's all good, whatever gets you through the night. But I'm still real psyched about our young core and I want the fans to keep the fire going under this team. I have a lot of faith in the competitive fires of Isiah and that he's churning big-time about this one and is going to impact the team in response to it.

good post. we can not dwell in the past. like the qoute in the godfather, " what's done is done". we have to move on. we know as the team is currently constructed that we are going to get blown out and we do not have the team to come back from a huge deficit. i knew it was over at halftime. but the whole body language bothered me. they were to complacent. if marbury expects to lead he needs to be in each other's face and be energetic. that is the reason we have him. to be that energetic leader. it was the home opener against a rival we had for decades. we can't get stoked for that? not to mention the confusing defense especially with tim thomas. wilkens half time speech did not help. he should have sat thomas in the beginning of the third. he was the one who said that if they want to play they have to play defense. you have to mean what you say. the real test is their response in the next game. the knick team in the 90's were blown out but heaven have mercy on the next team they faced. that is the attitude they better have tuesday when ai and his friends come to town.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  2:01 PM
Posted by jazz74:

the real test is their response in the next game. the knick team in the 90's were blown out but heaven have mercy on the next team they faced. that is the attitude they better have tuesday when ai and his friends come to town.

They better wake up and be prepared to win that game! If last night's game didn't wake them up, after making such a terrible history, I don't know what else can...
Knicks_Fan
Silverfuel
USA
11/7/2004  2:05 PM
If TT is not shooting the ball well, tell him to drive more but dont bench him in the 2nd game of the season. I am not sure what is going on but hopefully the problems will be fixed by Tuesday.

A few posters have been really down on Lenny lately. How many of you think he is not the right guy for the Knicks? I personally havent seen him coach enough to make up my mind about him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 11/07/2004 14:06:28]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/7/2004  3:14 PM
When Briggs was overreacting to a preseason lost, I predicted that the Knicks would have MANY ups and downs throughout the season--just like ALL 45 win teams do. I also predicted that fans would overreact to each up and each down moment. The last two games confirmed my predictions so far.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/7/2004  4:08 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

When Briggs was overreacting to a preseason lost, I predicted that the Knicks would have MANY ups and downs throughout the season--just like ALL 45 win teams do. I also predicted that fans would overreact to each up and each down moment. The last two games confirmed my predictions so far.

Umm ok Nostradamus. That's really going out on a limb there. A team will have ups and downs during the season and their fans will overact to them. Wow, next you'll be predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow morning and set in the evening.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/7/2004  5:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Funny, you think its all about you. Again, sticking that neck out!

Hey, I got one. The stock market will both go UP and Down! huh?

Got your "miss cleo" thang going on! You go Miss Bonnie!
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/7/2004  6:09 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

If TT is not shooting the ball well, tell him to drive more but dont bench him in the 2nd game of the season. I am not sure what is going on but hopefully the problems will be fixed by Tuesday.

A few posters have been really down on Lenny lately. How many of you think he is not the right guy for the Knicks? I personally havent seen him coach enough to make up my mind about him.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 11/07/2004 14:06:28]

Once his initial hot streak ended last year, I've been convinced that he isn't the man for the job. Good NY teams always have good defensive coaches. Lenny is a great offensive coach who is useful for teams that have naturally good defensive players. He just simply isn't the right fit on this team full of lousy defensive players. I was on his bandwagon for a while, but that's long passed.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 11/07/2004 18:10:50]
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/7/2004  6:09 PM
wait a minute, i predicited during the luna aligment bosox would win their final game of the world series hence breaking the 1918 bambino bust
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/7/2004  6:32 PM
Posted by Bobby:

wait a minute, i predicited during the luna aligment bosox would win their final game of the world series hence breaking the 1918 bambino bust

OK...so now I blame you!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/7/2004  8:08 PM
TT's hot streak will return on Tuesday night. He has no other choice. If he doesn't play his ass off he's going to really starting hearing it from the fans and media and will problably get benched.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/7/2004  8:23 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Umm ok Nostradamus. That's really going out on a limb there. A team will have ups and downs during the season and their fans will overact to them. Wow, next you'll be predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow morning and set in the evening.
I'm glad you agree with me that Briggs and other fans are just overreacting. Maybe you're right that it was obvious that Briggs and others would miss the big picture and overreact after ever game. That's their silliness, not mine though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/07/2004 20:24:59]
Silverfuel
USA
11/7/2004  8:33 PM
Posted by Bobby:

Thats nothing, I predicted that Babe Wuth would hit 60 homeruns that year!
Last night was terrible but fans are overreacting.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy