[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last night was terrible but fans are overreacting.
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/7/2004  9:23 AM
As fans we have every right to overreact but not the way some of the threads are going. This is what I read when I woke up this morning:

-"serious question about the makeup of our team"
_"Tim Thomas has officially pulled up, if not surpassed, Shandon Anderson as most hated Knick."
-"my 21 so questions about today's loss?"
-"as much I liked what IT has done... (everyone is an underachiever)"
-"Tomorrow's headline....... (Fire Lenny, and trade for a new front-court.....)"

Hey, i'll be the first to tell you, the Knicks sucked last night but we have to have more faith. We need to play defense, the backcourt needs to score more and Shandon cannot get playing time.

Was the make up of our team great 2 days ago and gone to **** today?
If anyone hates TT more than Shandon they need to take a few deep breaths!

Isiah has brought in players that need to play like they played against Minny! Last night sucked and needs to be fixed! I like what tkf said in another thread. We got blown out just like Denver got blown out. I hope last night was just a frustrated reaction and we can go back to analyzing what we need logically.

And one more thing, nothing has changed about getting a new front line. We have needed a real center and PF from the beginning of the season. Isiah will make the trade for a big man if a big man is available. Fans need to stop overreacting. We got blown out last night, its happened before.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 11/07/2004 09:33:53]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/7/2004  9:31 AM
Thank god someone realizes everyone is over reacting. Last night was bad, but no need for all of this.
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
11/7/2004  9:33 AM
Last night was not just bad. It was pathetic. We all have seent this too many times before. Play well against a good team and then don't even try against a terrible team. Just tired of this sh*it. Why should I bother supporting a team that picks and chooses when to play for the money its getting from me and when to coast through an entire freakin game.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Silverfuel
USA
11/7/2004  9:35 AM
Posted by simrud:

Last night was not just bad. It was pathetic. We all have seent this too many times before. Play well against a good team and then don't even try against a terrible team. Just tired of this sh*it. Why should I bother supporting a team that picks and chooses when to play for the money its getting from me and when to coast through an entire freakin game.
Oh come on man! Looks like you are really bruised and still hung over from last night that I can totally understand but just hang in there till Tuesday. Dont let the Knick fan in you die till Tuesday night and we'll see what happens. Its a long season brother, we could go a long way.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/7/2004  9:42 AM
you got the hung over part right lol, we had finish the bottle of vodka after that freakin game man
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
11/7/2004  9:47 AM
There is no sugar coating or Kerry-like flip flopping here. Getting beat in a close game in Minny is one thing but losing to Boston by 30 points is unacceptable. The Knicks should have came out with their guns blazing from the start to finish. Instead they sleepwalk and get schooled repeatedly by Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce. Didn't you see how they were mocking us all game? How about LaFrentz at the top of three point, sitting on a lazy chair and hitting the three like it was sipping wine? Overreacting my butt. I know this team can play better than that and I want to see better effort in the next game. That's all I can ask as a hardcore knicks fan.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
Silverfuel
USA
11/7/2004  9:48 AM
Maybe this thread was a day too early. I should have started with the optimism on Monday not on Sunday.

I just hope Isiah is not overreacting too. Reacting is a good. Getting angry and breaking stuff over TT’s head and yelling at the players and have a 12-hour practice day is good too.

Over reacting would be, firing Lenny, trading Craw or Stephon for a “OK” big man or even worse would be to replace Tim Thomas in the starting line up with Shandon. Lets not over react, please.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/7/2004  9:52 AM
Of course Knicks fans are overreacting a little. That's what fans do. But it is a little troublesome that the team would lay such a huge egg on their home opener after talking a lot about how much better they've gotten.

When you can't defend and can't shoot very well this sort of thing is going to happen.

Can anyone explain to me why Ariza keeps getting such important playing time, aside from trying to make Isiah look like a draft genius? He's a non entity on offense because he can't shoot, he can't defend in the half court when he has to fight through screens and gets pushed around too easily. His only baskets seem to be off of cherry picking dunks. Nobody will ever d up on him to allow him to use his athleticism to drive past them until he learns how to shoot. And his basketball IQ is lower than most people using this board. I'm not saying that he sucks or that he'll never amount to anything but can we please slowly bring him along instead of letting him help us lose games. What's the rush?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  9:56 AM
Why did Ariza get meaningful mintes? Because TT was off last night and Penny wasn't playing. Lenny probably should have had JYD play some 3 last night, and let Shandon rot on the pine, but giving Ariza minutes is fine with me.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/7/2004  10:05 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Thank god someone realizes everyone is over reacting. Last night was bad, but no need for all of this.

Timmy has no pride.....
I would have been straight up pissed.

The T-wolves game was lost because Timmy didn't come to play....
Sprewell talks stuff about how he needs to feed his kids......Spree still managed to play for his teamates and for his pride as a player.

I'm sick of players that make all this money to play and then don't take the game seriously. Yes......it is serious because you are making millions.

The fans have a right to boo because if there were no fans there would be no NBA.

Timmy is the worse.....it's not like he had a 12pt outing where he had 5 rebs, etc........He was playing so bad that Shandon Anderson was on the court.

He's saying it will come....what will come? His shooting touch? What about his overal game? How else can you impact the game?

Sign Eddie Robinson and Start Ariza!!!!!!

Timmy is not a Knick. There are 82 games....yeah but he has like 14 million reasons to take wach game serously and play to win all of them.

If I decide not to do my job correctly I would be fired.....Period.

Feed your kids biotches!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/7/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

giving Ariza minutes is fine with me.

just simply giving Ariza minutes is not gonna win ball games.....

Timmy is a go to guy on this team......he needs to play 30 plus.....Ariza still will get his 20 minutes because he is the best player the Knicks have off the bench besides Houston....

Timmy is the go to guy damn it......the Knicks lost because he didn't come to play and he obviously dosen't care.
Craw, KT, and Marbs did it all by themselves in Minnesota.....Yeah Ariza played valuable minutes but Timmy is supposed to be that guy for the Knicks to score, especially in tight situations......not Ariza.

Trade him......Please god get rid of him. There has to be some overpaid bum played out there that needs a change of scenery!!!!

Trade Timmy!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
vdfebduderocks
Member: #752
11/7/2004  10:33 AM
then instead of signing all athletic guards, Isiah should consider a defensive force and a low post threat who blocks shots and rebounds
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  10:53 AM
just simply giving Ariza minutes is not gonna win ball games.....

I never said it would. I was just simply answering Isles comment on why Ariza was getting minutes. In that situation, I would gladly give Trevor TT's minutes.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/7/2004  11:00 AM
No need to trade Tim now, he will have more value in the offseason with the expiring contract. Plus, we cannot give Ariza too many minutes this season or else another team can come in and offer him more than the MLE in which we would be screwed. Tim just needs to play like he did against the T'Wolves. He got a ton of open looks against the T'Wolves and was finding good shot opportunities. Obviously, he was having a bad shooting night against the T'Wolves, but he was getting good looks that often go in for him.

[Edited by - s3231 on 11/07/2004 11:01:23]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/7/2004  11:02 AM
I am as mad as any knicks fan, believe me, but a lot of guys are overreacting, plain and simple..

next, ariza gets important minutes because he plays defense, he plays the passing lanes and he rebounds, that alone is an asset, and if anyone can't see that, then I question their Basketball IQ..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaTT4281
USA
11/7/2004  11:09 AM
I swear, somewhere, Nets fans are reading these posts and laughing.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 11/07/2004 11:22:26]
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  11:13 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I swear, somewhere, Nets fans are reading this posts and laughing.

Oh my!
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/7/2004  11:13 AM
Last night was so bad that not only did I not want to post, I didn't even want to come to the board to read, I was too disappointed and discouraged. I needed to just get away from it for awhile. All right, so now it's the morning after, I've calmed down, I've read the posts - here's my 2 cents (may be actually be only 1.5): I don't think our players are losers; I think they're inconsistent. We are simply going to come up with nights like last night, just like we're going to come up with nights like last Wednesday and nights when we better that effort and get the W. I believe in the core of Marbs, Craw, Sweets and Ariza. These guys are on the court together for the first time; one's a rookie, one's a 2nd year player. I want to build around these 4. Gradually we'll upgrade the rest of the team. I'm not getting nostalgic in the least for KVH or Doleac just becuse TT needs a shrink and Nazr needs full-time one-on-one coaching. I'm all for an emotional purging by the fans like I read on this board. I chose to dissociate for a while, others chose to rage - it's all good, whatever gets you through the night. But I'm still real psyched about our young core and I want the fans to keep the fire going under this team. I have a lot of faith in the competitive fires of Isiah and that he's churning big-time about this one and is going to impact the team in response to it.
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
11/7/2004  11:19 AM
I don't understand some of the post I'm reading and clearly alot of people are over reacting, but it is understandable as a fan so I'm not going to knock yall for it.

Lenny is as inconsistant as any Knicks player. He does right when he benches people for not trying and giving a lazy effort, but he takes out Marbury who was playing real decent and puts in Moochie during a critical stretch when Sweetney was starting to bring some life into the Knicks. When Sweetney was on fire like that I would've had Marbury and Crawford in the game to open up the paint.

Also, Lenny is the worst motivator. His laid back style reminds me much of Chaney and it stinks. You need an up in your face coach to motivate these guys on the defensive end.

Lenny also need to teacj these guys how to spread the floor better. K.Thomas should get no post plays called, but Sweetney should get alot more early on to cause foul problems.

This game stunk, but There are 81 left. I'm just going to hold on and see what happens. As of right now though, I hate Boston.
Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/7/2004  12:10 PM
Knicks_Fan
Last night was terrible but fans are overreacting.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy